Well thank God Ac Infinity includes a speed control with each motor! I also heard that they are going to start selling parts separately so they may sell the speed controller as a stand alone unit.

Yeah hope so cos me wouldn't want to "find out" how that is controlled with a delicate tuned PWM as you said.

Mom looking amazing, I'm with Shed!!! Let her rip! :blunt:

Yeah hope so cos me wouldn't want to "find out" how that is controlled with a delicate tuned PWM as you said.

Yep. been there. I was trying to find a real, auto speed controller from Titan that would work with AC Infinity fans with no luck. The auto controller from AC Infinity sucks and doesn't do any auto speed control. Only on and off. Who needs that? LOL

I have learned a great lesson. The more complex a thing gets the harder it is to fix it, and things break :cheesygrinsmiley:

My Dad used to say this exact thing about cars LOL.

WKD02341.JPG

It's time.

October 8, 2019

My original plan was to wait until tomorrow to do this but the GSC had other plans I guess, because when I peeked in the tent this morning, she had grown right up into the MoonShot and it was happy to start microwaving her to death.

I tried to bend her over but it just became a cluster fuck. Waiting any longer is just not productive at this point as her leaves are getting mangled by fan blades and burned by the light.

WKD02333.JPG
WKD02335.JPG
WKD02336.JPG
WKD02338.JPG
WKD02339.JPG

I watched a scientist talk about cloning plants and he had some interesting tips.

First, he said to water the mother plant thoroughly the day the clones are taken.

WKD02334.JPG

I flooded the tray for 20 minutes and she sucked all the water up within an hour.
I then flooded for an additional 15 minutes.

Second, he said to make sure the clones are taken towards the end of the light cycle for the day.

WKD02343.JPG

Check.

And last, he said to try and root 2 nodes if you can. I got lucky and all of my cuttings have 2 nodes.

I added water and mixed so the soil is nice and moist, but not wet, and filled the cups.

WKD02342.JPG

It was nerve wracking trying to do this quickly and accurately without letting the cuttings dry out.
Finally I managed to get them all done and into the dome.

WKD02344.JPG

I will wait for 3 days and then start opening the vent holes slowly to let air in.
Hopefully this works as it's my first REAL attempt in earnest at cloning.

My Dad used to say this exact thing about cars LOL.

Lol, your dad is right! But this applies to every dam thing we humans construct. Specially when Murphy is around....

Btw R, you are going to get beautiful clones from that mom. I'll be crying when you toss her out... can you send her to Sweden?

I'm a little worried about your flooding, pest love these conditions with open surface water to lay their eggs in. You should find some way to cover that tray underneath the pot with to be sure they never get to it. Just a tip friend!

I don't pay any attention to it

IS there actually something you don't pay attention to? I'm finding that very hard to believe, you had the Castile soap right up your sleeve all the time and never told me before. :rofl:

I opened the dome today to exchange the air and to check moisture.
They are still green so that's a good sign I guess.
The clones are a little tall but I will bury the stems a little to offset this when I transplant.

WKD02345.JPG
WKD02346.JPG

WKD02347.JPG

On Saturday I will start opening the vents.

And too bad you didn't build a dimmer into that light for times like these!

Yep. That's my next project after this grow. I'm going to be adding some reds, rewiring the drivers so they are on separate switches and adding dimmers.

Btw R, you are going to get beautiful clones from that mom. I'll be crying when you toss her out... can you send her to Sweden?

I wish man. Maybe one day I will at least be able to overnight you a cutting, legally. But as far as throwing the mom out, just look at this as pruning the plant. While getting rid of 99% of the plant. LOL!

True dat! I kept several moms and bloomed them off but it takes a lot of space to keep both clones and moms so even my space with a separate veg tent wasn't enough to make it sensible.

And with me, the more space I have, the more elaborate, and crazy things would get. (PUN absolutely intended) I would become a mad scientist and start doing all kinds of stuff and running experiments. LOL When I move though, I will be adding a second smaller tent for situations like this.

I paid attention when I read it, I just don't pay attention to the advice :cheesygrinsmiley:.

There is certainly a lot of BS online when it comes to this hobby that's for sure. I once had someone argue with me that you can top an auto-flower multiple times and get huge yields. I instantly knew that this person probably has never even grown an Auto flower before because from experience, I know that you might get lucky if you top it once at just the right time. If you try to do it a second time, the plant will stunt and never recover in time and the yield will be abysmal.

Keep your moms near the window during the day and under a desk lamp at night. They don't need more than that!

If I tried to keep this mom by the window, it would take up the whole room and my wife would probably ask for a divorce. plus the whole house would just stink 24 hours a day LOL

Back
Top Bottom