Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W - Soil - FF Nutes

Re: Sour Diesel #8 indoor, 2x600w, soil, FF nutes

Looking great! I need to get myself a mother like the ones that you have.....sadly i cant start clones for another month :( thanks to having some fun with auto flowers lol

Keep up the good work!:morenutes:

Thanks Bud! Yeah, seems like most of us have to learn for ourselves that there is not much sense in cloning auto's. It is such a blast when you get it figured out tho, getting to make your own plant whenever you want and know exactly what they are, cant beat it.
Thanks again. :peacetwo:

Hey, sorry to hear about the mildew, i have never had it myself but im sure it could happen in time lol. They look real good other then a bit of an early harvset. Cant wait to seem them girls all cleaned up after a good trip!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks bro! I've never had it before, and I think I know how it happened. Later today I'll follow up on the possible vector and/or cause, as well as some of what I found for possible treatments in the future.

Hey Van :surf:

Man sorry about the mildew. :smokin: More fans may help? Well, we do get our share of humidity. :smokin: Don't know how the weather is there...plenty of rain over here! Too much rain over here. What do I expect on the windward side! :popcorn:

I'd say G-Dog should have had some fun staying at the the Waikaloa. Great place to stay. I only go other side here when I absolutely have too. Too many people. Still tripping on the fact that your back! :rollit:

Thanks OMM! I'll discuss the fans (and other possible factors) later today after everythings trimmed and hung.
:peacetwo:

Sorry bout the mildew :yikes: But those pics are great! :bravo: Still gonna be tasty I think!! ;)

Thanks Tmac! Yeah, they should still kick ass, I'd probably be the only one who could tell they were supposed to go a little longer. Now I just have to look forward to the next batch and see it I cant get them to their absolute full potential.
Much Aloha

Hey there Van Diesel :goodjob: my friend I read your posts in the Nug contests and thought I would wander down Hawaii way and say hello to you and my Old friends on the islands. After reading your journal and seeing your skills I wanted to know if it ok I send some new members your way?
Thanks for all you do here at 420Mag you are a valued member who fits right into Our 420Mag Family.
+Reps
5 Stars

Hey there Van Diesel :goodjob: my friend I read your posts in the Nug contests and thought I would wander down Hawaii way and say hello to you and my Old friends on the islands. After reading your journal and seeing your skills I wanted to know if it ok I send some new members your way?
Thanks for all you do here at 420Mag you are a valued member who fits right into Our 420Mag Family.
+Reps
5 Stars

Aloha and Mahalo Wingman! Wow, I was looking for a blushing smiley face but couldn't find one. I am honored that you would suggest that and of coarse would be happy to be of any assistance I could to anyone starting out. It really wasn't too long ago for me (for indoor), so I still have a lot of the basics of how to get started up front in my thinking. And generally if I dont know, I know how to find out. So yes, send 'em on over.
Its a easy family to get along with for sure, I LOVE stoners!! :tokin:

Your girls look amazing and delicious! Those crystals man... those beautiful crystals... :tokin:

Thank you Supernova!

OK, post harvest pics-
3 of the 6 (cut in chunks but piled together)-

10_30_001.jpg

the other 3-

10_30_002.jpg

one of the nicer top bouquets (it should wind up over 1 oz dry/trimmed, easy)-

10_30_003.jpg

another top bouquet (probably finish at a little under an oz)-

10_30_006.jpg

close up on her-

10_30_006-1.jpg

bigger of the two left to cola (featured in last nights pictorial)-

10_30_004.jpg

close ups of her-
10_30_005.jpg

10_30_005-1.jpg

Didn't see any powdery mildew on ANY bud surface (but plenty on the leaves), kinda thinking its hard for the spores to pass the crystals to get to the veg surface. My guess for this batch is 8-9 oz finished (same or just below last batch) with an average of 1.25-1.5 per plant. Really wanted to get much closer to 2 per on this run, but the next group should be ready in about 5 weeks so hopefully I get my average up (and its 8 instead of 6 plants). They are about to get SOOO much more love, and thats saying alot!! LOL :tokin:

I'll follow up a little later this eve (hopefully, if not in the am) with my thoughts and discoveries with the PM, how I got it, what I'm gonna do now, etc. Also some particulars about the harvest and how I'm drying/curing including pics of the set up. For now, a little break involving my 3 favorite B words...buds, bongs, and a malty beverage that starts with B (from Sierra Nevada, my fav!! :thumb:).
Pakaloha

wow they look really nice. good job. powdery mildew is such a pain. i lost my last crop from pm. evil stuff. :goodjob:

wow they look really nice. good job. powdery mildew is such a pain. i lost my last crop from pm. evil stuff. :goodjob:

Thank you brother!
I want to find out more about PM, so please stop back in in the next day or two and maybe try to follow up with your experience (pics if you got 'em, dont be shy about posting on my journal) and check out/verify anything I have to offer. My first impression is it is a little over-demonized (a pain, sure, but maybe not as catastrophic as a lot of things).
:peacetwo: and thanks for stopping in!!

Quick pic session of the drying set up and such-
Bottom half of top/bottom cardboard box that is about 5' tall, upright and screwed to the wall-

10_30_1_001.jpg

the box has 6 horizontal strings (fishing line) inside, 2x at 3 levels which allows me to put 1 plant per line for this batch-

10_30_1_002.jpg

here they are row by row starting at the top-

10_30_1_005.jpg

10_30_1_003.jpg

10_30_1_004.jpg

here it is with the lid on, you can see the airflow hole cut in down at the bottom-

10_30_1_007.jpg

a few holes in the top to allow exhaust/flow thru-

10_30_1_006.jpg

and the fan in place at the bottom to force the air thru-

10_30_1_008.jpg

So this is my set up for drying for now. It addresses the first three most important prerequisites for DRYING primo buds; 1) Dark/ no UV light, 2) cool temps, 3) good (great) airflow passing over/thru the buds.
Drawbacks- 1)it is less than ideal to be drying in the same space you are growing (esp. when you have something like mildew spores that will likely be spread), 2) more space inside the box/drying environment would be better. For me, for now, for what I have to work with, was my best bet for being cool and also filtering the smell thru the rooms carbon scrubber, so I kinda had to.
Additional- seems like drying in/with cardboard or paper is going to be the most forgiving since it allows for absorbency (unless you want to build a cedar drying box/room, which is on my list of dream projects....lol).
OK, still lots of subjects to cover, so I'll try to keep up steam.

I am so sorry to hear about your PM. A good friend of mine got that (we have since lost contact) and it seemed very frustrating. Seems like once something with spores gets established you really have to fight hard to remove it.

lol. i really like this drying setup. seen it once before on this site. its great!! im def. gonna do this when i am done :goodjob:

ill post a few pics up here to show u the destruction that happened to me

heres some pics of some nugs i pulled off to look at and what got pm on . i noticed first on the leaves, but when looked really close its on the buds leaves too, which only means that it is in the bud too. if u got pm in a room it will be most likely everywhere, even where we cant see. ive heard of a treatment for pm that is cheap, u might know. MILK. meant to of been used in brazil i believe where it started. and supposedly works wonders, its all over the web, u can read about it. but also a guy at a dispensary here in my town said that it has to be rotten milk, lol. i dont know about that. never read anywhere about that on the web. im ramblin. did u do anything to treat the pm or did u notice rite at the end so just chopped down?

my_grow_175.jpg
my_grow_172.jpg
my_grow_171.jpg
my_grow_177.jpg
my_grow_170.jpg
my_grow_154.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about your PM. A good friend of mine got that (we have since lost contact) and it seemed very frustrating. Seems like once something with spores gets established you really have to fight hard to remove it.

Thanks for the condolences bro! Hopefully I can beat it back before it gets too frustrating.

lol. i really like this drying setup. seen it once before on this site. its great!! im def. gonna do this when i am done :goodjob:

Thanks man, it works well. Having a long thin box like that allows for great air flow and no dead spots of air.

heres some pics of some nugs i pulled off to look at and what got pm on . i noticed first on the leaves, but when looked really close its on the buds leaves too, which only means that it is in the bud too. if u got pm in a room it will be most likely everywhere, even where we cant see. ive heard of a treatment for pm that is cheap, u might know. MILK. meant to of been used in brazil i believe where it started. and supposedly works wonders, its all over the web, u can read about it. but also a guy at a dispensary here in my town said that it has to be rotten milk, lol. i dont know about that. never read anywhere about that on the web. im ramblin. did u do anything to treat the pm or did u notice rite at the end so just chopped down?

Awesome, thanks for the info and pics! :thumb: Nope, hadn't heard of the milk treatment, sounds interesting. I ramble quite a lot, so dont hold back bro!! LOL! I noticed it and chopped the next day partly because it was so close to done/very harvest-able, and because I just wasnt ready to deal with it (not enough info and no materials). That wont be the case in the future...lol!!

Very nice cola, esp for LED :goodjob:(not knocking LED, in fact excited to try out one day, but still see lots of mixed results). I'll be coming by your journal once I get a little more free time.
Aloha

Back
Top Bottom