Stan's First Soil Sour Diesel Grow! 2017

Did some more hooking and pulling with the pipe cleaners to open things up. Amazing how quickly the smaller growth reacts to more light. First is the fimmed one and last two are of the one that was topped.

IMG_195036.JPG

IMG_194934.JPG

IMG_194826.JPG

Well when i water i usually soak them down good. Give them as much as they will soak up in 10-15 minutes then wait until they are very dry and light before the next feeding. Always worked well for me but everyone must find what works best for them. From the looks of your plants they like what you been doing so if it aint broke...... Concerning the spots on the leaves I wouldnt worry about it unless it starts spreading to other areas, odds are you just got a few drops on the leaves thats all. :thumb:

Yes I'm not too worried about the spots considering how they are progressing. I may try the submerge method, thanks for the tip! :thanks:

Last night I decided it was probably time to transplant out of the 1 gal pots. I had put them in on 5/21 and the leaves were stretching out beyond the edges of the pot so I figured it was time.

IMG_196533.JPG

IMG_196625.JPG

I didn't know what to expect with the smart pots, the upside down method was out of the question so I tried the roll down method I had read about on another post here. Worked great! Just took a smaller size plastic pot to set under the plant and slowly rolled the edges of the smart pot down over it. I was thinking it may have been too early when I saw these little white root tips, but the root ball was solid and hard to break up so I think it was a good time.

IMG_196730.JPG

IMG_196829.JPG

And here's a few of their new homes and finally taking up more space in the tent. It doesn't seem quite as empty now :circle-of-love:

IMG_196931.JPG

IMG_197028.JPG

IMG_197131.JPG

IMG_197232.JPG

IMG_197333.JPG

The fimmed plant is progressing slower than the topped one, but she was a little smaller before the cuts were made anyway. Haven't decided yet if I want to try making a scrog net or if I'll just keep pulling branches down, seems to be working great so far. :yahoo: Happy Friday everyone!

I have delicious candy, cotton candy, and critical jack herer all by delicious in there and one Nepalese jam by ace.
420-magazine-mobile2028477905.jpg
that's only 3 weeks ago, they go quick once you flip to 12/12. It won't be long til your tent is bustin at the seams too! Best wishes!

Looks great and thanks! I'm getting close to flipping I think, did some measurements last night and if I let them gain like 3" I'll have enough room for them to double in size and keep 20" between canopy and light. Did a little more bending and opening last night and gave them a drink after sitting 3 days after transplant. I'm wondering about nutrients, I had read a lot about ocean forest not needing nutrients for 2-3 weeks after transplants, but I really wasn't able to break up a ton of the root ball before getting them into the 5gal pots. Next watering I may try 1/4 dose of grow big and see if they like it.

IMG_202430.JPG

IMG_202331.JPG

IMG_202225.JPG

Yes I thought new growth was looking very light colored as well. I'm going to stick with veg nutes for now, see how much I can let these grow before hitting height restrictions and try to widen them out. I have the fox farms 6 pack, grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, beastie blooms, cha ching and open sesame. Looking at the feed schedule again it looks like big bloom is introduced first. Should I start with just that, or also add grow big both at 1/4 dose?

Yes I thought new growth was looking very light colored as well. I'm going to stick with veg nutes for now, see how much I can let these grow before hitting height restrictions and try to widen them out. I have the fox farms 6 pack, grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, beastie blooms, cha ching and open sesame. Looking at the feed schedule again it looks like big bloom is introduced first. Should I start with just that, or also add grow big both at 1/4 dose?
The big bloom dont have npk, it is earthworm casting and bat guano, my plants seem to love it by the way. You can add grow big in with it, i started off at 0.75tsp of grow big with my photos and i never got over 2tsp the whole way through veg. I done the same thing when i started flower nutes only i started at 1tsp and im up to 2tsp now and they are doing good with it. I really like ff and i have been having great results with it, hope this helps.✌

Thanks Tom appreciate the advice! Will be time for watering tonight so I'll give it a go. :thumb:
Been hot here (for Maine) the past few days, so I had picked up a small AC unit in anticipation to help keep temps down in the grow room. Mostly been able to keep temps under or around 83-85. Picked up a tower fan today and a 6" clip fan cause I know I'm in need of more air especially once they start stretching up after I flip. Going to get those installed and add a short piece of duct through one of the floor ports of the tent, then put a fan in front to pull in some more air. It's a fan party! :party:
On another note, I'm looking forward to checking on new growth and doing more LST work. I find it quite therapeutic to spend a little time almost every night now analyzing the plants and pulling branches here and there to open up more possibilities for growth.

Thanks Tom appreciate the advice! Will be time for watering tonight so I'll give it a go. :thumb:
Been hot here (for Maine) the past few days, so I had picked up a small AC unit in anticipation to help keep temps down in the grow room. Mostly been able to keep temps under or around 83-85. Picked up a tower fan today and a 6" clip fan cause I know I'm in need of more air especially once they start stretching up after I flip. Going to get those installed and add a short piece of duct through one of the floor ports of the tent, then put a fan in front to pull in some more air. It's a fan party! :party:
On another note, I'm looking forward to checking on new growth and doing more LST work. I find it quite therapeutic to spend a little time almost every night now analyzing the plants and pulling branches here and there to open up more possibilities for growth.
I love lst also, i also find spending time with my girls therapeutic lol, lst reminds me of being a artist, you can sculpt it however you want lol, so much fun.✌

Keeping it green through the great heat wave of 2017!

Haha love it. I did a tiny bit of trimming of older stuff that either had deformities or were completely lost to the darkness underneath.

IMG_202829.JPG

I got the fans set up with the tower oscillating in the middle, 6" in the opposite right opposite corner blowing up under the canopy and an 8" in the left corner pulling air in pointing at the light. Watered tonight with some big bloom and grow big hopefully that will take care of the limeyness.

IMG_203327.JPG

IMG_203225.JPG

IMG_203528.JPG

IMG_203633.JPG

I've been poking my head in the tent and plants seem to be happy with their feeding. Growing like crazy! I'll update later with some pictures when I take them out for some more LST and watering. I'm really unsure of how long to keep them in veg, seems like I could go for a while and keep pulling branches down and out but I'm getting sort of anxious and I know flowering time on the diesels is like 70-80 days so I don't want to wait too terribly long.

Watered this evening, tugged at some branches, admired growth, took a few pictures. Been using white vinegar to drop ph a little and seems to be doing no harm. No signs of those spots showing up elsewhere so far. I'm a happy grower!:cheer:
To anyone that hasn't tried LST yet, it's a lot of fun and it's so easy using these clips and pipe cleaners. I've also read rubber bands around the pot work well especially for those using plastic pots.

IMG_207937.JPG

IMG_208033.JPG

IMG_208134.JPG

IMG_208228.JPG

IMG_208332.JPG

Back
Top Bottom