Sour Lowryder 2 Auto In 8 Gallons Of Soil

Test bud was very strong, but not there yet. It may need to go to 11 weeks since there are not that many amber or cloudy yet.

I did see this yesterday though. Here is hoping I get a little bit of female pollen!

20200531_190812.jpg20200531_190806.jpg20200531_190802.jpg

I have been looking closely at some of the buds and it looks like the male pollen did quite a bit of work. So instead of trying to find and pick a bud and hope for the best and also try to keep the seeds straight, I decided to use this female pollen to pollinate my LSD auto from Dr. Seeds that is 4 weeks now. Sounds like an interesting cross, especially since the LSD is already starting to show some purple hairs.

20200607_210924.jpg20200607_210927.jpg20200607_210930.jpg20200607_211121.jpg20200607_211032.jpg

The boy parts are starting to drop the pollen so I pulled off one of the flowers and pollinated my LSD with it. I also pollinated an upper branch that had foxtailed a bit and had quite a few newer looking and fully white pistols still. When looking around I found many many many seeds starting. It looks like I may have waited much too long to pull the male. Since I really do not see much cloudy or amber on it I think I may just let it go until July 4th which will make it 5.5 weeks into pollination. That will put it at 14 weeks from seed.

Since I will likely end up with A LOT of seeds, I will likely be sharing the wealth. The only stipulation will be that you will need to follow along in a new grow journal with your experience with them. More details sometime in July. Mods, let me know if that is not something allowed.

Had to cut off the tops of pretty much all the largest colas yesterday. Found small bits of bud rot starting. I have had the airflow lower because of the developing pollen and paid the price. The lower air movement, higher humidity because of a lot of recent rain, and the recent heat all combined and caught up to me. Hopefully I have it contained.

Day 90 from seed. I have not seen any more bud rot and been keeping a real close eye on her. Starting to get more cloudy and amber every day finally, but not much. Very likely will be taking her down on day 100 or 101.

I managed to get a dozen or so small nugs out of the main colas that the bud rot didn't get to and pulled them apart after they dried and she is loaded with seeds.

20200623_203537.jpg20200623_203514.jpg

850 wet. If you add in the wet weight of the main colas I pulled takes it to 1061 wet. Ton of seeds so I expect my final amount to be much less after drying and separating. Going to dry it our until it is mostly crispy, grind out all the seeds, then re-hydrate a bit for aging. Here is hoping I can at least get a few good bits out if it. But will mostly end up as concentrates. I did contain the bud rot and did not see any more while cutting it up.

Admins, you can close this one up if you want.

End result is on this specif strain, the 8 gallon may be more than actually what was need. I could have likely got similar results in a 5 gallon container which will likely what I will be using going forward on most of my grow.

Thanks all!

Chopping the F1 tonight that is at 11 weeks from seed. Mostly cloudy with some amber. This one stayed mostly purple and has a real nice fruity smell. It looks like at least 2 very different phenos in this one. A green, better yielding pheno that is just an ok smoke, and a purple calyx lower yield pheno that finishes quicker. Maybe in the spring I will grow out a bunch of them and see what happens.

Dang...did a quick catch up on this one. having shitty luck with most of the seeds I have tried to grow from them. About to drop some Sour Lowryder. 1 of 3 germinated of Sour 60. 0-6 on LA Berry Fruta

Congrats on the harvest and seeds! Good stuff Cig

Back
Top Bottom