South African Strains

Hi All, some advice please for south african products or Nutes I can use during the veg and flowering stages? Busy with my first grow of some bag seeds I had left from a good strain so a good soil composition is also required perhaps you guys can shed some light on that too, what local nursery products can I put together for a good soil mix for run number 1. I'm in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town , all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sun Valley, you really have some quality going bud, hopefully I can get my count up quickly so I can get to directly contact a few of the master as I'm sure the info you all have is invaluable. Great stuff guys !!!

Look online for a medium (soil) mix that you think work best for you. Just Google cannabis soil mix .. super soil is a good option if you have the time and money but once you have a super soil you will be good for a while. Talborne Organics do fertilisers for different stages as well as distribute Fertilis worm castings. All available from 2kg - 25kg. Best thing to do is just search online for things that catch your eye and think you could manage. Kelpak or just fermenting seaweed is an excelent all rounder for the plants. You are lucky to live by the coast with all that goodness on your shores.

The difficulty in searching online is that everything is overseas, I'm looking more so for local products and suppliers such as Stodels or Super plants etc...local nurseries. Will check out Talborne thanks Bud. BTW what are some of the goodness I can get from being at the coast

Thanks Bud, really appreciate it....we getting close as they are in Durban. I will contact them to see if they have a local supplier in Cape Town. I'm very impatient and need something around Cape Town should I be in need urgently. Once again a big thank you to those who have responded.

All things I named are local and most stuff you find about cannabis will be from overseas. It's just a matter of substituting or finding SA versions of things. The goodness you have at the coast is an abundance of seaweed where as us in landers have to pay 600 a bag.
I suggest looking for a basic coir mix with perlite earth worm castings some lime gypsum and a little mushroom compost .. There will be an exact mix somewhere on the site I'm sure or someone will jump with a good mix. I use a super super soil lol hibrix kin da stuff.. but that's a long story

Thanks Sun, initially thought you were in a area called Sun valley in Cape Town lol. I will be knocking on your door from time to time to get information as time goes on. ...if you don't mind ✌

With regards to the seaweed...does it need to be dried out? Can I cut and mix fresh? Should it be mixed with soil and left to stand before use? BTW, the next time you need some weed for your weed let me know and I'll have some sent to you. Cheers

With regards to the seaweed...does it need to be dried out? Can I cut and mix fresh? Should it be mixed with soil and left to stand before use? BTW, the next time you need some weed for your weed let me know and I'll have some sent to you. Cheers

You can either compost or ferment it. Or dry it out and chuck.it into a blender and make a meal kinda thing. Or follow this kinda guide
How do you make homemade Fish/Seaweed Emulsion?
I

Thanks once again. I'm still doing some research on lights and I've opted to try using CFL lights in a grow box of about 2m long x 2-3m height and 1-1.5m wide. Not to sure at this point how many plants I could end up having in that space, hoping around 4. Added to that I would like to perhaps Scrog my first grow to ensure good coverage and good lighting. Any idea on lighting needed? I had read various suggestions by would like to know from those that have done so and succeeded. Many Thanks ✌

I wish we got foxfarm soil here, it looks like the plants really love it. I tracked it down on the net but that site charges R515 a bag

And prolly double that to ship it lol. I'm on a mission to make a complete growers medium that I can sell to ganja farmers where they can just plant and grow. I seriously don't know why we haven't had better development on substrate mixes. Just Organic is kinda trying lol but their potting mix is still just plain coir. You can get this stuff around here for about 100 bucks .. BestGreen potting soil - Floragard I've bought a few bags.. it's pretty decent shit tbh if you are doing a few pots .. i just chucked a few bags into my soil mix for the fuck of it and a friend of mine is trying out full on .. so will see how he does with it.

Some ol valley super soil brewing
20170417_114238.jpg

20170417_115950.jpg

20170420_145131.jpg

Goodness of the earth

Back
Top Bottom