Spec420's Soil Lemon Sour Diesel LED Grow

01/19/18 - Update - 4x4 Overhaul and Transplant Day

Hello Happy 420Mag Friends!

It has been a productive Friday afternoon. Lots of changes in the garden.

First off we pulled everything out, swept up, and inserted the plastic pallet I got from a friend and sanitized.
011918_02.jpg

Next we installed the 6" air duct to the fan sitting on the carbon filter. I set the filter on a white towel and covered with the included sock.
011918_03.jpg

Final addition to the tent was an old 1 bulb T5 I had laying around. I wanted it so I could take better pictures when the LED is off.
011918_05.jpg

Ok, on to transplanting....I screwed up my order and when I needed 6 - 5gal, I ended up with 5 - 5gal and 6 - 3gal pots. Grr, will have to make due. Kinda glad I did, I barely had enough soil to fill them as it was. I will be getting another bag and topping all of these in the next couple of days with more soil....

Anyway, here is what we are started with:
011918_04.jpg

Update on clippings I cloned - 4 went away, and these are the 5 left. They are due to go to a new home possibly tomorrow evening.
011918_07.jpg

011918_08.jpg

011918_09.jpg

011918_10.jpg

The 4 Blue Cheese plants have come out of their initial "oh crap" period from when I got them from a grower and they are starting to look nice. I really hope they catch up quick to the LSD's.
011918_13.jpg

011918_14.jpg

011918_15.jpg

011918_16.jpg

And finally the LSD's looking great. First one is droopy as it dried out faster than the other one after the water through a few days ago. I will tame them a bit more after they settle from the transplant.
011918_11.jpg

011918_12.jpg

The 4x4 is now filled with happy plants, a properly cycling light and heat source, proper exhaust and odor control.....
011918_17.jpg

I really enjoyed doing all the work today. It felt good to be in the soil and interacting with the plants. I talked to each one as I worked with it and projected love and happiness to them. We will see how things go.

Thanks for reading along!

01/19/18 - Update - 4x4 Overhaul and Transplant Day

Hello Happy 420Mag Friends!

It has been a productive Friday afternoon. Lots of changes in the garden.

First off we pulled everything out, swept up, and inserted the plastic pallet I got from a friend and sanitized.
011918_02.jpg

Next we installed the 6" air duct to the fan sitting on the carbon filter. I set the filter on a white towel and covered with the included sock.
011918_03.jpg

Final addition to the tent was an old 1 bulb T5 I had laying around. I wanted it so I could take better pictures when the LED is off.
011918_05.jpg

Ok, on to transplanting....I screwed up my order and when I needed 6 - 5gal, I ended up with 5 - 5gal and 6 - 3gal pots. Grr, will have to make due. Kinda glad I did, I barely had enough soil to fill them as it was. I will be getting another bag and topping all of these in the next couple of days with more soil....

Anyway, here is what we are started with:
011918_04.jpg

Update on clippings I cloned - 4 went away, and these are the 5 left. They are due to go to a new home possibly tomorrow evening.
011918_07.jpg

011918_08.jpg

011918_09.jpg

011918_10.jpg

The 4 Blue Cheese plants have come out of their initial "oh crap" period from when I got them from a grower and they are starting to look nice. I really hope they catch up quick to the LSD's.
011918_13.jpg

011918_14.jpg

011918_15.jpg

011918_16.jpg

And finally the LSD's looking great. First one is droopy as it dried out faster than the other one after the water through a few days ago. I will tame them a bit more after they settle from the transplant.
011918_11.jpg

011918_12.jpg

The 4x4 is now filled with happy plants, a properly cycling light and heat source, proper exhaust and odor control.....
011918_17.jpg

I really enjoyed doing all the work today. It felt good to be in the soil and interacting with the plants. I talked to each one as I worked with it and projected love and happiness to them. We will see how things go.

Thanks for reading along!
Awesome remod bro... they should love it now

OTM - I need to hit your journal up on the old seeds. I still have a lot of my old seed from my outdoor times that I have been preserving. My old partner took two beautiful strains and paired them. One of the strains was a Nepalise. The child seed is what we planted for our meds. He also only gave the seeds to selective growers in the NorCal area. The result was a beautiful plant that really grew heartily and had a head high that made us giggle till our cheeks hurt.

By all means swing by, tomorrow is harvest day for a White Widow clone and in a couple weeks I will be harvesting the first of the 40 year old Maui Wowie's I was lucky enough to pop, back at the end of July so its been cooking for nearly 6 months. I had to resort to science to help me sprout them and it took some trial and error but I got it done.

Your tent looks good and that T5 in there gives you a nice light for photos...will be interesting to see how your draw is with the fan & filter outside the tent, I wanted to do that with my grow room to keep the heat out but ended up with it inside because of the noise factor. You may want to think about another of those 1200 W LED's, I am running 2 and it seems to be about right, one in the center gets pretty weak at the edges, 2 spaced about 8" apart does a pretty good job.

:thumb::passitleft:

Dang! High tech flooring! State of the art inline fan! It looks like you've got an official indoor tent now! I'm just going to hurry up and wait right here.

Thanks for making me chuckle first thing this morning!
You're very welcome Spec! I get a kick often from other people on my thread. Just a couple of nights ago Shed and had this funny rant where they just played into each other and it I was laughing hard!

Yesterday morning I noticed another IR bulb blew and tent temps were mid 60's. I replaced the bulb and went about my day. Came home last night and that bulb blew and temps still in the 60's and my root sacks feeling cold, plants drooping and yellowing a little. I said screw the bulb and put in a heater with a temp control. I played with it a while last night (no numbers on temp gague) and thought I found a good setting. Woke up this morning and tent in lower 60's. Guess I did not sent temp correctly. Gotta get my temps up today, poor girls. Maybe some pics later today.
Indoor is very frustrating right now.....just have to say it.

Yesterday morning I noticed another IR bulb blew and tent temps were mid 60's. I replaced the bulb and went about my day. Came home last night and that bulb blew and temps still in the 60's and my root sacks feeling cold, plants drooping and yellowing a little. I said screw the bulb and put in a heater with a temp control. I played with it a while last night (no numbers on temp gague) and thought I found a good setting. Woke up this morning and tent in lower 60's. Guess I did not sent temp correctly. Gotta get my temps up today, poor girls. Maybe some pics later today.
Indoor is very frustrating right now.....just have to say it.

Subbed. Hope you dont mind if I grab a seat in a quiet corner of your journal ..

Indoor can be frustrating as hell dude, but its all a learning curve. I'm learning every single day and I take great joy in that. Even when I cock up completely, if it helps me become a better grower for the next time, then I'm happy .. A flawless grow is obviously the dream, but all my fuck-ups just bring me closer to it.

Have you thought about getting one of those reptile enclosure temp controllers? They are pretty cheap (£30) and very simple to install, just plug it in and set desired temps...they can be found easily on amazon:

Im sure those blue cheese will be lovely plants mate, and will no doubt be better than mine . I fried mine with my LED, to the point it has crispy bits now .... lol oops.

Take care bro

Hey GlaucomaMeds, welcome to my madness.

I have reptiles, so am very familiar with the thermostats for them. As a matter of fact, right before I logged on, I ordered up some 21" wide 4' long heat tape. Same stuff I use on my large snake enclosures. 20w/foot and does a great job of heating a small area. I will attach to a reptile controller I have as a backup. Heat without a bulb, yay! The joys of growing in an uninsulated garage in a tent. Gonna just rock the heater till the heat tape comes.

01/22/18 - Monday Update

Heater is working in the tent. I immediately felt the difference in the garage when I walked in. Opened the tent and 75....Right on...
012218_01.jpg

Blue Cheese are looking ok. I hope they bush out after they establish roots in the new pots. They are almost as tall as the LSD, but not nearly as full. I really want to flip all 6 of these at the same time.
012218_02.jpg

012218_03.jpg

012218_05.jpg

012218_04.jpg

The LSD are looking so-so. The front one is droopy, but the back one looks pretty good. Again, I will wait a few days and let them settle in their new homes.
012218_06.jpg

012218_07.jpg

Here is the happy family:
012218_08.jpg

I should mention that after I took all the photos, I topped all the pots with soil so none of that root ball is showing, made up 5gal of food, and distributed gently among all 6 plants.

I ordered a light meter. Looking forward to the readings in my tent. Gotta love amazon prime.

Here's to the next few days of anticipation!

"I ordered a light meter. Looking forward to the readings in my tent. Gotta love amazon prime."

Any chance you can send me a link for that amazon light meter? I have a PAR one i borrow from work but interested in one for my own.

Plants look happy Spec. Well done. :)

Checked in the 4x4 and the girls are looking good. Temp holding at 75 degrees. I picked up a different gauge that keeps 12hr readings so I can see how steady my temps are staying....need to find a battery for it tho....

Pics of the girls tomorrow.

Tonight I am smoking on something pretty decent...
IMG_248719.jpg

IMG_251922.jpg

I HATE having to buy from Rec shops, but this is a nice Indica....

Love this community....

I love how your tent is now Spec! That floor is awesome! Where did your friend get it? The girls are looking very healthy. Go little Sweets!

I love how your tent is now Spec! That floor is awesome! Where did your friend get it? The girls are looking very healthy. Go little Sweets!

Thanks Ripe1, I like it too. It looks like it might just work.
The floor is from a friend that has a crap ton of these in his backyard. He uses them for keeping firewood on. I will ask him where he acquires them from.

Back
Top Bottom