Spontaneous Seeds?

NorthernCosmos

[Copied from my journal - hoping for better visibility here]

I just ground some OG Kush Auto, and out of the grinder rolled a seed...(!)

How can that be? There are no males here. The only nannering hermie I had was many months ago, and no pollen escaped AFAIK, so I don't think it can't be that. The OG Kush in question had no nanners or balls that I could see. Are spontaneous seeds somehow a possibility at all, with hermieing and sex changes and whatnot being things that these plants can do? :hmmmm:

As can be seen in the picture, a small section of the seed shell broke off in the grinder, exposing the insides. The big question is, will it germinate... What do you reckon? Of course I will try anyway... :D

snap_003-jpg.2276086

OK, that makes sense of course. I just couldn't find any nanners by close inspection.

One possibility is that there are/was a few pollen lose from those previous nanners, although nothing has happened for several generations in the tent.

Another possibility is that it was a seed from a hermied plant. At least I've read that it can happen that way.

If (when!) I germinate that seed it shall not grow in the tent with the others. I'll even move it to a different building, just to be sure.

I'll inspect the rest of those buds closely for seeds as I consume them.

OK, that makes sense of course. I just couldn't find any nanners by close inspection.

One possibility is that there are/was a few pollen lose from those previous nanners, although nothing has happened for several generations in the tent.

Sometimes they just throw out 1 or 2 trying to self preserve, could have came out somewhere you couldn't see did it's thing and disappeared...... can't see pollen remaining viable that long and skip some grows like that personally, so either a stray nanner or you brought in some stray pollen from outside from who knows where nearby.

Once farmers start growing more and more hemp outdoors it’s going to get ugly.
It's already a problem in some places, bunch of folks outdoor plants got messed up here in OR a couple years ago. As many Hemp farmers using Fem, but some just using regular seeds (and the Fem rate on Hemp is a lot worse for Feminized than Cannabis is, for some reason or just because a newer thing).

Back
Top Bottom