NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

Aye! The stash gives peace of mind :)

I'm about to drop another Amnesia and White Widow - I need a comparison grow with known seeds and back to proper humidity to confirm that it's the low humidity that stunts the current plants in the tent (BCN, AK420, Anesia and White Widow). After that I'd like to try a few other strains.

The goal is to get a photo grow going alongside the autos, but it would interrupt the current "production line", so I'll wait until I have spare cash for that flowering tent. In the mean time, the autos are keeping me happy :D

Aye! The stash gives peace of mind :)

I'm about to drop another Amnesia and White Widow - I need a comparison grow with known seeds and back to proper humidity to confirm that it's the low humidity that stunts the current plants in the tent (BCN, AK420, Anesia and White Widow). After that I'd like to try a few other strains.

The goal is to get a photo grow going alongside the autos, but it would interrupt the current "production line", so I'll wait until I have spare cash for that flowering tent. In the mean time, the autos are keeping me happy :D
There's always something to upgrade to. Two good picks there. I don't remember smoking either of them but did smoke white widow once. Hehe

It's day 74 for the seniors (chop time in around 10 days) and day 30 for the juniors. Tiny plants all around... I've arranged a makeshift evaporative humidifier that manages to keep the tent humidity at 24%. Negotiations are underway for the purchase of a rather nice used evaporative humidifier.

There are now new seeds on their way, so I may hold off starting more plants until they have arrived. With those and the previous ones, I can choose between a dozen strains o_O

Oh, and I bought a can of molasses today, and they all got a little of that with their nutes to make the microbes happy :morenutes:

Barbarella the BCN Critical:

Day_74_Barbarella1.JPG

Abigail the AK420:

Day_74_Abigail2.JPG

A mohawk has developed on Abigail:

Day_74_Abigail1.JPG

It looks so empty now... The makeshift humidifier with blue towel wick can be seen. The plants are small, but the seniors have some nice dense colas going:

Tent_24_02_2020.JPG

Another scary thing happening here... NANNNERS :eek:

I started a thread in the FAQ sub forum to get more visibility:

I'll link the pics here for completeness:

ak420_what_are_those1-jpg.2070520

ak420_what_are_those2-jpg.2070521

Those are most definitely nanners! If you're lucky they won't have any pollen in them, because there are still plenty of white pistils around to produce seeds. Have you taken off all the ones you can find? Is there pollen? Pollen looks like white or pale yellow dust.

How long from harvest is it?
I've been rubbing some paper and chopsticks on them to see if anything came loose - no pollen to be seen through a magnifier.

It's a week away from the chop, but if it's recommended I'll throw it out and put it in the dark box for harvesting in a couple of days.

More experiencing nanners/hermies than me then. Never seen anything like than on my plants but guess they hide pretty well.
I only became aware of them today - it's three days since the last feeding and inspection, so they've come to prominence in that period.

Is that the Mohawk?
No, but it's the same plant. The Mohawk cola has grown up and gotten itself more a respectable haircut now :p

AK420_grown_up.JPG

I tried plucking a few, and dayum, I think I got a little bit of pollen - not much though, as in a single chili flower has more pollen than I got from a bit of nanner plucking.

I'll do my best, but there are hundreds of them, and many are seated deep in the colas, so plucking it clean is not really possible. I'm thinking one more feeding in three days, then out of the tent and into the dark box for chopping on Monday. But if the spotting of pollen is alarming, I can take it out of the tent right now.

What will the nanners do to the smoekability of the buds?

I found 3 seeds in a top cola from the last Glue harvest but I always thought this lowered the potency of the plant? This one is more sticky and glue than any other one I had and potency is through the roof as well, or more couch lock maybe. :laughtwo:

My advice is if you don't feel like plucking all those nanners just chop her down. Chop chop!

It's chop day! Barbarella the BCN Critical and Abigail the AK420 have been harvested. The buds are very trichy and dense :yummy:

This was another case of premature harvesting, with lots of new growth and especially so on the lower and somewhat shadowed small colas. The plants could easily have gone a week or two more, but nanners...

Now the tent is almost empty, but not for long!

Harvest_07_03_2020_1.JPG

Harvest_07_03_2020_2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom