Spring Random Photoperiod Experiment

Well, I don't want this to go to abandoned journals or whatever so:
Happy Independence Day
:420::party:

Very many things have been happening in a lot of different areas in TopCat Land - But alas, although I have the want-to I cannot say the things right now because I have always been typing impaired. Truth.

Anyway, Lakshmi was harvested a bit quickly.

My roommate and I [don't ask], have moved into a cheaper yet technically bigger place [same neighborhood/community - his job switch and other stories that actually work in my favor - some not so much (ex-wife do not ask)] See? No commas!

Harvest Pic old condo:

Harvest_7_.jpg
Harvest_20_.jpg
Harvest_17_.jpg

Even though the seed order did not say it, this Barny's Farm Blue Cheese Promotional Freebie has to be an automatic

I have no weight as my scale belongs to my roommate and he is too happy to unpack :rofl:

But she is coated in sticky and curing nicely. I am appreciative of her med attributes, but just yet the dose does not yet meet the 1 1/2 minimum for me [vape and another home made bong from 2 ltr "beverage."] but is getting there. :blunt:

Nettles is actually doing Okay right now. I have a larger room, but there is no 3rd "office" room so I am reduced to a 1 plant situation in my own closet under the Advanced LED.

No photo of Nettles ATM - Fed today - She is slower, but seems to actually be maturing as it were. We'll see...

Thanks for stopping by - I'll have a photo or two of Nettles shortly, and am planning on dropping my last auto seed from the order = white widow

Have more bag seed - hated the male % so must put in order soon - one plant = no more experimenting LOL

:Namaste: :partyboy::partyboy::partyboy::peace:

Congrats on the move, TopCat...if that is in order. I shall not ask! Life gets a little tricky sometimes, I will hold faith that it will all work toward your greatest good. I hope Lakshmi smokes as good as she looks, she was a lovely girl.

Have you thought about what you will order? I get a bit dazzled by all of the genetics and have a tough time deciding. My last order was fun to pick out, but the 2 seeds I have dropped so far, out of 4, were duds. So disheartening...I shall soldier on. I have a Sweet Coffee Ryder fem photo, a Black Cream auto, and a Nirvana Sky super-auto left to drop. I may drop one in the next couple of days and hope for better luck than with the last 2.

Good to see you around, I hope things smooth out quickly!

Happy 4th TopCat!

What Magic said Catman. :love:

:circle-of-love:

Well, thanks for stopping by everyone and checking in on my journal. Things are great in one area and waiting to figure stuff out in other areas, meanwhile just hanging around with Nettles.

I do not understand this plant. This particular bagseed was named because she had been a bother. Stems snapping when I looked at them. Poor color. PH way out of whack. A few too may re-pots, always last in line for light and first to take the experiments.

But, she just keeps standing there flowering. No hermies or complaints.

I can't keep the RH low enough in this particular situation, so the last few photo's she looks pretty much trimmed because she is.

Magic - Next seed order I'm going with what I already liked best so far. For now Automatics - probably going to choose one from GrassoMatic breeder. I'll choose another too, right now I'm aiming for Cash Crop again believe it or not!

Lakshmi is OK. Very sticky and lasts well, but I like the last Cash Crop better. Here are photo's of her cured and also gratuitous weight, but I have been smoking her for a good while now. You can see I don't waste the sweetleaf

July_31_.jpg

July_35_.jpg

July_36_.jpg

July_38_.jpg

A whole lot of Nettles because she just stumps me. Photoperiods are the real deal and I can't wait for the freedom to experiment more :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nettles_7_.jpg

Nettles_6_.jpg

TrimsNettles_4_.jpg

TrimsNettles_5_.jpg

TrimsNettles_7_.jpg

TrimsNettles_8_.jpg

July_11_.jpg

July_26_.jpg

Just waiting for a few amber trichomes and into the dark she goes! I am Beyond Grateful!

Thank You All so Much :420:

Harvest Update Next :cheer:

I do not understand this plant. This particular bagseed was named because she had been a bother. Stems snapping when I looked at them. Poor color. PH way out of whack. A few too may re-pots, always last in line for light and first to take the experiments.

But, she just keeps standing there flowering. No hermies or complaints.

Magic - Next seed order I'm going with what I already liked best so far. For now Automatics - probably going to choose one from GrassoMatic breeder. I'll choose another too, right now I'm aiming for Cash Crop again believe it or not!

TrimsNettles_5_.jpg

TrimsNettles_7_.jpg

I'd say if you're spending your time with her, it is time well spent! TopCat, she looks beautiful. :welldone: Looks like you are in good company to me. She is a trooper.

I'm excited to see your final seed pics. I could look at seeds all day, but it is hard to narrow it down. I only have one seed left, a Black Cream auto. I've grown one other black cream and I loved it, but I wanted to try the other two I had for something a little bit different. I sure hope they come up! I will await your harvest report... Go, Nettles, go!!

Ooooo Harvest time!

Getting antsy I can tell :)

I can't wait to have my schedule on point so I can harvest every mont. The novelty will properly wear off then, but for now I am looking forward to it :)

Nettles looks really good. Cant wait to see how she turns out.

As for Autos, take a look at Kanabia seeds. I did their Hobbit Auto in my second journal and to this day it's the biggest plant I have grown. Although my Tangamanga(photo, pure Mexican sativa) my take that crown this grow. But for an auto it was really huge, and AMAZING buds! I miss that smoke. Fruity like cherries if my memory serves me.

Hope everything gets figured out in a timely manner for you Cat! Let us know if you need some outside of the situation, fresh eyes problem solving. Or if you just need to vent or something!

:high-five:

I'd say if you're spending your time with her, it is time well spent! TopCat, she looks beautiful. :welldone: Looks like you are in good company to me. She is a trooper.

I'm excited to see your final seed pics. I could look at seeds all day, but it is hard to narrow it down. I only have one seed left, a Black Cream auto. I've grown one other black cream and I loved it, but I wanted to try the other two I had for something a little bit different. I sure hope they come up! I will await your harvest report... Go, Nettles, go!!

Thanks for the cheer leading through out my time of experiments [in more than one catman area :rofl:] :cheer:

It is so nice to be able to drop around your place and see all your cool plants, projects and other great things Ms Magic :cheesygrinsmiley: It's like Christmas Day! [I always say that. It started 15-20yrs ago when I went into my storage locker after being gone a year and I had literally forgoten about all my stuff :rofl: "Would you look at that! It's like Christmas Day!"]

So letting us visit you is a real treat Thanks :thanks:

Ooooo Harvest time!

Getting antsy I can tell :)

YES. Ahem, why yes. Yes I am. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I can't wait to have my schedule on point so I can harvest every mont. The novelty will properly wear off then, but for now I am looking forward to it :)

Nettles looks really good. Cant wait to see how she turns out.

As for Autos, take a look at Kanabia seeds. I did their Hobbit Auto in my second journal and to this day it's the biggest plant I have grown. Although my Tangamanga(photo, pure Mexican sativa) my take that crown this grow. But for an auto it was really huge, and AMAZING buds! I miss that smoke. Fruity like cherries if my memory serves me.

I REMEMBER THAT HOBBIT AUTO. I followed that journal like a soap opera :rofl: I had never seen anything like that plant ever. And, if I remember, neither had you at the time :rofl:

I saw similar with WJ fast and vast. But the thing that blew my mind away forever was DankGirl's outdoor Headband or something. It was a f*cking tree :straightface:

Thanks for reminding me about that I'm gonna go have a look see

The reason I am leaning toward Cash Crop is that it had a terrapin profile such that the THC was an awesome pain killer without the janky head buzz. I enjoyed being busy and it had a "clean head" to it. The best CBD [from what I can tell - what do I know right] was that Grace the Grass - O - Matic. That too seemed to be a "clean" muscle relaxant without lethargy. So, of the 5 strains I've sampled [including this Lakshmi] I picked the 2 that I liked best so I can get a reliable med routine.

Hopefully I'll get more freebies... Which is the fun part :cheer:

that was lengthy

A reason I'm not too out there on 420 is that I have been having a hard time tracking all the info on all the grows. It could be a cannabis side effect, but most likely mainly due to stress. Blah, blah, blah...but I am surfing the gratitude wave and trying to stay out of the way as best I can.

:surf:

But, Dude...when old Catman needs to stand up toe to toe with the World and It's Affairs: You can bet your bottom dollar Catman comes out on top :peace:

I fight for the rights of the "lowest of the low" and poor children so I know my shit :blunt:

Riding the gratitude wave is my focus right now :Namaste:

Hope everything gets figured out in a timely manner for you Cat! Let us know if you need some outside of the situation, fresh eyes problem solving. Or if you just need to vent or something!

Hey! It smells like weed in here!
Is there a harvest near? :drool:

You don't say?

:tommy:

I submit for your approval...Chopped Nettles:

Harvest_Nettles_5_.jpg

Harvest_Nettles_6_.jpg

Harvest_Nettles_7_.jpg

I have to tell you that I harvested her way early, from what I could tell. This is my first photoperiod harvest! The closet she finished out in was to close to neighboring wall for the STENCH! Once I could see that I had some decent meds via loupe I went ahead and took her.

Bless her heart...She was treated so shabbily until I recognized she had something to give me. Then I cared for her better. Guess that's just the way of things. Just ask my ex-wife, who is seriously planning on moving here. Dang.

:rofl:

SO MANY THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN CATMAN LAND! Things will probably be settled by the beginning of next month...Let us just say that my ex and I were best friends with my roommate and his partner in college. And now that I am retiring and looking to cash in an old pension plan for housing, my ex has come to, um, share?

And, my son and his wife are leaving for cross country travels in two weeks. Forever. Unless they comeback (??)

Anyway. Photoperiods are real. I love them. SO MANY notable differences from automatics. I am rethinking my seed order accordingly!!

So...One week ago my last of the last seeds from my order popped above soil: Automatic White Widow from Dinafem breeders. I have her in a ginormous pot [what Pat was in]. She has made it past the week mark, but I am still holding my breath... and I am considering dropping the remainder photoperiod bagseeds.

Harvest_Nettles_4_.jpg

Thank the stars above I am benefiting from a really nicely tweaked diet including canna eggs courtesy of Nettles!

Both Lakshmi and Nettles are curing well...I am preferring Nettles ATM, but it is nice to have two strains to medicate with. Oh I am such a lucky, lucky Catman

Thank you Magic for sticking though this journal! I'll be over to see you in a Jiffy!

Thank You SweetLeef and Every Single Other 420 Member who stopped by here and supported my experimentation and my ongoing learning curve in med making

Thank You :420: for my health and definitely for my future :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom