Spring Random Photoperiod Experiment

Well, so here is a weekly photo update :partyboy:

Lakshmi the Feminized Freebie is making sugar now. She had a nice watering this morning. She is at about 21" in height, but she is gently restrained so her insides can get light

The way she is behaving I'd almost say she was an Auto. The description on my order states "Barneys Farm Promo Blue Cheese 1 fem" and they breed them in both Photo and Auto types :hmmmm:

Bch_June_12_78_.jpg

Bch_June_12_17_.jpg

Bch_June_12_1_.jpg

Here is Nettles the only remaining bagseed of the 5 that took hold :cheer: She has a month on Lakshmi

She shot up and is really flowering at 23" now. I drug her in the kitchen to see if I could free up some height or defol, but she remains untouched. She is the one that fell apart every time I touched her. I am surprised she has not shown signs of going hermi from all her stressors.

I have no idea what's going on with any "Tops" :rofl:

Nettles_June_12_57_.jpg

Nettles_June_12_61_.jpg

Nettles_June_12_60_.jpg

Nettles_June_12_58_.jpg

Nettles_June_12_59_.jpg

Closet:

Lights at their highest now and are 17" to 19" from top of canopies. I think they are done with height. RH is ongoing battle even with AC. I have fans galore running half the time. Now that I don't work I can monitor frequently and things look eerily "OKAY" :straightface:

Closet_June_12_69_.jpg

Welp - Here's to another week - Hope all is going well in your Gardens
:420:

:popcorn: :peace: :popcorn: :volcano-smiley:

Good morning, Catman! A very happy, healthy Saturday to you! I think the girls are looking eerily REALLY GOOD. Nettles is a trooper for sure, hope she produces really good meds for you. Lakshmi is a beauty, as usual, getting all sparkly. How's the battle with the RH going?

Hey Ms Magic :cheer: Sorry I haven't been in :peace: I got my old, Dell laptop from the Ex and have been restoring/updating it so out of commission for a bit.

I have it working really nice now. Memories. :nomo:

Everything here at 420 looks different - yellower? Way better screen and processor :yahoo:

Anyway, so yeah funny you should ask...Damp here with a lot of thunderstorms. Like a jungle. Once I went to Phoenix and when I returned home you could see a filter of greenish tinged humidity to the air. A lot of nice foliage in the jungle here though.

I am able to be a servant to my plants and monitor/adjust a variety of variables to keep RH low-ish. :straightface: But the lowest I can get ATM is about 50% but it averages maybe 64% even w/AC

Fed last night and PH was down [again WTF?] and so I am just watching and waiting to flush at any moment. Next watering will be a flush back up to par

Pretty typical :rofl:

Hope you're doing OK with your Sammy adventures :cheer:

I have a whole lot of journals to catch up on :cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace:

Hi there, Catman! Congrats on the return of the Dell! My ex recently brought over our entire collection of cassette tapes, of all things. :rofl: I went to visit my Dad in Phoenix once... Once. (no offense to anyone in or around Phoenix) We are unseasonably warm here. We average about 12 days of 90+ degrees a year and we have already had 6 or 7. I have a been to Baton Rouge several times so I have seen the humidity hanging in the air. Certainly hotter than I am used to but I do love the south!

Sammy is hanging in there. She will be happy to be re-potted in the next week or two. She's got some leaves that are twisting and that has me bummed. I've added some cal-mag and there has been some improvement, but I am trying to avoid doing too much because she is so close to being moved into that lovely soil that Sweetleef has put together. I'm afraid I'll over-react and cause more harm than good if I start throwing nutes at her. :morenutes::morenutes: She's in a complete soil right now but it has been recycled and I think it's loosing it's oomph. My clone is not doing much. Still green but she is taking her time getting established. Here's hoping she gets moving soon!

Looking forward to seeing your girls! :Namaste:

Well hey Ms Magic - TopCat here :blunt:

I'm crossing my fingers for Sammy. You never know what a plant's gonna want next...but I've been skating by pretty well with minimal nutrients. I know I could do more to enhance my yield or potency, but so far that hasn't been an issue for me. :)

Rubberbanded my roommate's loupe to my less-than-optimal [shitty] cellphone and took some sugar shots. saved the 3 best:

awesome3.jpg

nice20.jpg

cool8.jpg

Keep on keepin' on. As always feel free to post photos in here if you want! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hiya vaped crusader

Looking really nice mate, congrats on the pukka butter.. Shame you had a fella, but not entirely wasted

Ya girlies are really starting to get their groove on now... Much meds for you..

Hope retirement is treating you well

Have a great weekend my friend

:high-five:

Subscribed Catman12, I've read your story from the start. A very smooth journal to read. :high-five:
Congratulations on retiring and having such a great hobby. :bravo:
Sorry to hear about Pat :rip:. Your girls look like they are going to give back all of your love in major (big) buds. :drool:

Hiya vaped crusader

Looking really nice mate, congrats on the pukka butter.. Shame you had a fella, but not entirely wasted

Ya girlies are really starting to get their groove on now... Much meds for you..

Hope retirement is treating you well

Have a great weekend my friend

:high-five:

:high-five: Hey Budworshippr! It's always nice to see you stop in :party:

Due to some good rest and mainly cannabis I am actually "doing things" :rofl:

The Freebie is smelling of pine and is getting sticky...Update to follow :peace:

Subscribed Catman12, I've read your story from the start. A very smooth journal to read. :high-five:
Congratulations on retiring and having such a great hobby. :bravo:
Sorry to hear about Pat :rip:. Your girls look like they are going to give back all of your love in major (big) buds. :drool:

:cheer: Well Hey :cheer: Nice to see you and Welcome :) I am just tinkering through each grow - each one is different, but are all the same because something always needs fixing :)

I am very appreciative to everyone here at 420 for providing me the best medicine I've had in my life. No Shit.

Weekly Photo Update

Made sure each Lady was nice and dry then flushed each with three gallons of warm water. The middle gallon with a bit of added baking soda for a cleanse and PH adjuster.

Because I am so Exceedingly Brilliant I made sure to run out of PH test strips, so saved the remaining few to test Lakshmi who promises me better meds. But, both Ladies look happy ATM [knocking on wood so hard my knuckles are bleeding :rofl:]

My phone was going through a system update at the start of watering so Nettles was photo'd with an old, old, camera. She is very tall:

Nettles_Flush_.JPG
Nettles_Flush.JPG

Lakshmi the Blue Cheese Freebie seems Ok. I took too many photos because I saw the update was supposed to improve the camera. Seems a bit crisper to me but too rosy.

BC_Flush_2_.jpg

BC_Flush_3_.jpg

BC_Flush_11_.jpg
BC_Flush_4_.jpg

BC_Flush_5_.jpg
BC_Flush_8_.jpg

BC_Flush_6_.jpg

The Closet. Lights are about 15" - 17" from canopies. Temps can get to 86 - I can keep the RH down to about 48 to 60%:

BC_Flush_12_.jpg

Thanks for stopping in :420: Happy Growing :blunt:

Nice update Catman. I kinda like the rosy coloration. Adds a nice artistic flair to them. Nettles certainly is a long-legged beauty. I'm hoping she fills in nicely for you. Lakshmi has some sweet and frosty promise going on, so Nettles has some catching up to do.

I'm glad I swung through here tonight Catman. Always good to see you.

Nice update Catman. I kinda like the rosy coloration. Adds a nice artistic flair to them. Nettles certainly is a long-legged beauty. I'm hoping she fills in nicely for you. Lakshmi has some sweet and frosty promise going on, so Nettles has some catching up to do.

I'm glad I swung through here tonight Catman. Always good to see you.

Hey SweetSue thanks for swinging through. I'm having a little trouble keeping up at 420, but for once it's for good reasons as in doing things instead of being an inch shy of perpetual sleep :cheesygrinsmiley:

I attribute a huge portion of my increasing strength to cannabis :blunt: Not working is a good chunk too :rofl:

I'm a little jealous of all the folks that can type detailed reports on their grows [SweetLeef is a good example] because I have been learning so much about so many things :Namaste:

Well, but I am going to post a "last feeding" photo update next. I read Buckshot say once he could see his plants better sometimes in a photo and I can see it. I keep no photos on my 'puter of any plants so 420 is it for me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Take care of you and yours :peace:

Well, for Lakshmi anyway, it's Last Feeding. I did the unthinkable and took the calendar down to determine dates better. I flipped to 12/12 such that July 4th should be about 6 weeks for flowering. In all my other grows harvest was sort-of a "surprise" and I fear consuming the unclean gunky nutes and etc. [if I can help it]. So, It will be a few weeks of water and maybe some molasses for sugar [flavor] and soda/lemon for ph. We'll see. Who knows LOL

Here's photos even though not much has changed this past couple of days LOL. I'm playing? :cheesygrinsmiley:

MagicMediwana - hear tell you have a new camera situation? :cheer:

Better photos of Nettles. Sorry about roommate's towel :straightface:

Nettles_Last_Feed_1_.jpg
Nettles_Last_Feed_4_.jpg

Nettles_Last_Feed_3_.jpg

Lakshmi [Singh - NPR Washington correspondent] Last feeding. Maybe. If she needs to go to August well, then, IDK. Never had a Female Photoperiod...?

BC_Last_Feed_1_.jpg
BC_Last_Feed_2_.jpg
BC_Last_Feed_3_.jpg

As always, thanks for stopping by :420: :party:

Ditto on the pictures of plants. After I take them I can zoom in on the computer /phone and am always amazed how pretty they are!

Ditto on the pictures of plants. After I take them I can zoom in on the computer /phone and am always amazed how pretty they are!

Yeah. I can pretty much see every aspect of the plants better. My main problem is bifocals LOL. Never wore glasses until 40 - then slammed with bifocals. But, when it comes to the, I don't know how to say it...Health? In general? I have to look at the plants themselves. Sort of like a general impression of health. After the two harvests I've had, I always miss "looking in the closet."

Happy Saturday, my bifocaled TopCat. I got prescript. readers at 44 but I know darn well I am really close to bifocal-ville myself. :geek: The girls look to be filling out nicely! I can hardly wait to flip to flower!

It looks to me like end of July is a good estimate. Do you have a ppm meter? I noticed you fought a bit with low soil PH. This usually corresponds to salts released from fertilized soil. The PH/ppm relationship is beneficial to understand for your "soil type" to really nail down future grows. You'll have an easier time tackling soil PH if you know how to stay 1 step ahead. The second beneficial part is that you can judge your flush as it progresses over the next couple of weeks. Your runoff could be as high as 2000ppm. If you feed straight water for a week and it drops considerably... You may want to supplement with some light feeding if you can gauge it to finish exactly where, how, and when YOU want.

Now for my disclaimer. I just moved to CO, I purchased a ppm and PH pen and haven't even opened them yet at 3 weeks old. It's not at all because I know what I'm doing. It's strictly because I don't want to know for fear of catastrophic consequences of overreacting to hard data. So, the moral of the story, do as I say and not as I do...

The KISS theory says... Your plants look awesome today! You only have a month or so left! You will finish just fine! Only thing that could hurt you is overreacting to something that is meaningless. Finish strong!!

Back
Top Bottom