Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Oh. My. Fucking. God!

Have you gone corporate?!

Congratulations :)

Stay out of my PM’s, and I look forward to being spanked by you soon…. Teddy’s hand must be exhausted. He will appreciate the break.

LOLLLLLLLLL
Trala, you kill me! :laugh:

Damn! How did I fall 5 pages behind! I stopped getting notifications. Guess it had something to do with your transition to an official 420 staffer.
Congrats to you on that. :bravo:

I've caught up, and I was heartened to hear so many stories about how weed has delivered folks from prescription painkillers. It's wonderful to rsad such tales.

I've heard many first-hand accounts from friends who had kidney stones and I believe they must be very painful.

But (one of) my afflictions(s) has to be a close second: gout. Not even our cherished weed can ease the pain of a full-blown gout attack. Not in the least. Only a proper diet will keep it away. Hence, no shellfish, very little red meat and very little of a lot of other stuff that I love (beer: only Lite, peanuts: limited to what I can get out of my weekly Mr. Goodbar, fried food - Fish every Friday, chicken some Sundays and that's about it.) I dare to eat half a steak about once a month.

I was offered a prescription drug that I would have had to take everyday but which would have allowed me to eat whatever I want. But I found the prospect of taking prescription meds every day for the rest of my years quite unappealing.

When diagnosed, I had absolutely terrible eating habits, eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. at 6 feet 4 inches tall, I weighed about 190 lbs. Today I float between 155-160 pounds.

Initially, I had to explain to a lot of my friends that I wasn't sick - that this is what happens when you replace bacon with oatmeal and steaks/burgers with broiled fish. Eventually I was able to convince folks that I didn't have cancer or AIDs.

Am I rambling? I feel like I am.

Bye.

Wow, that's as bad as it gets. Sorry to hear that.
I thank the RN for being alive today on that one. Funny part of the story is this:

I was close to a stroke/heart attack my blood pressure was through the roof. The RN that answered the code blue asked If I (sick part) I had a bowel movement recently. I said no... not since I was admitted (About 3 days). She warned me saying my bowels have shut down and stuck her finger up my ass. Within about 3 mins I let out the loudest fart you have ever heard. My brother-in-law at the time and wife busted out laughing! I swear the whole floor heard it. :rofl: The RN was right outside the door and heard it too, she walked in smiling asking If I felt better... :rofl: She took my blood pressure and it had dropped to the point I was no longer in danger. That was in my late 20's I will not ever forget it.

Closest a man can come to having a baby passing a stone so the doc says.
Have to agree passing one is the worst.
Only time im sent for hospital treatment is when they get over 2mm in size.
Does that mean smaller ones dont hurt to pass no just that they will scrap down and pass.
Heres some meds to control the pain bye.
If you stop peeing you might be blocked get to a/e straight away
Rant over ;)

Glad everything is working out paul. :green_heart:
I'm cringing just thinking about it! o_O

Hey squiggs

It's pretty much all we smoke it's the only thing that let's me have a regular sleep pattern, for the past 20 yrs since stopping illegal opiates, hadn't been able to sleep more than a couple hrs a night
It's only this last Yr since finding kush plants that I now can sleep 6hrs a night on :ganjamon:
At the moment I'm growing in some way or other a white kush, jedi kush, critical kush, and a OG kush
I've just ordered all those you've listed :cheesygrinsmiley: thanks for that. Glad it helps you though mate.. you found the one for you, eventually.

Damn! How did I fall 5 pages behind! I stopped getting notifications. Guess it had something to do with your transition to an official 420 staffer.

I've caught up, and I was heartened to hear so many stories about how weed has delivered folks from prescription painkillers. It's wonderful to rsad such tales.

I've heard many first-hand accounts from friends who had kidney stones and I believe they must be very painful.

But (one of) my afflictions(s) has to be a close second: gout. Not even our cherished weed can ease the pain of a full-blown gout attack. Not in the least. Only a proper diet will keep it away. Hence, no shellfish, very little red meat and very little of a lot of other stuff that I love (beer: only Lite, peanuts: limited to what I can get out of my weekly Mr. Goodbar, fried food - Fish every Friday, chicken some Sundays and that's about it.) I dare to eat half a steak about once a month.

I was offered a prescription drug that I would have had to take everyday but which would have allowed me to eat whatever I want. But I found the prospect of taking prescription meds every day for the rest of my years quite unappealing.

When diagnosed, I had absolutely terrible eating habits, eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. at 6 feet 4 inches tall, I weighed about 190 lbs. Today I float between 155-160 pounds.

Initially, I had to explain to a lot of my friends that I wasn't sick - that this is what happens when you replace bacon with oatmeal and steaks/burgers with broiled fish. Eventually I was able to convince folks that I didn't have cancer or AIDs.

Bye.
Ramble away mate.. it's an interesting read.. can gout go away or are you stuck with it for life?

Thanks for the well wishes, I really appreciate it...

I thank the RN for being alive today on that one. Funny part of the story is this:

I was close to a stroke/heart attack my blood pressure was through the roof. The RN that answered the code blue asked If I (sick part) I had a bowel movement recently. I said no... not since I was admitted (About 3 days). She warned me saying my bowels have shut down and stuck her finger up my ass. Within about 3 mins I let out the loudest fart you have ever heard. My brother-in-law at the time and wife busted out laughing! I swear the whole floor heard it. :rofl: The RN was right outside the door and heard it too, she walked in smiling asking If I felt better... :rofl: She took my blood pressure and it had dropped to the point I was no longer in danger. That was in my late 20's I will not ever forget it.
The wife just burst out laughing when I read her this post..Ive got the uncontrollable giggles too :rofl:

Howdy do folks. Hope alls well with you lot.

I'm going to do a brief summary on the Sylstar Gl400a.

Its got meanwell drivers and Samsung diodes, so it's got all the top end bits on it. At the start of the grow I did one of those par test thingys Par test . It had impressive results; it was on "par" with a few of the leading brands.

It sucked 490 Watts out of the outlet on full power, but this is where I ran into my first problem with it. The heat it generated was too much for my extraction to deal with; so I upgraded to a 6 inch system to try and cope. That failed to keep the heat below 35°C. So, I had to remove the drivers; that were not designed to be removed. Driver removal

The back of the heat sink still got up to 55°C. The aluminium heat sink is more of a heat soak. It could have done with some fins to increase the surface area; to dissipate the heat a little better. If you run AC, it wouldn't be an issue and it would be ideal for a winter grow..

Apart from that, it grows plants, exactly as its designed to do. But is it worth the money?
It's on the wrong side of £400, but I would have to say "yes". its slightly cheaper, than other makes of the same performance.

But it did its job and I would like to thank @Sylstar for giving me this opportunity to test it.

Anyway folks, that's it for this journal. I would like to thank each and everyone one of you for following, sharing and caring and most of all, helping. I've enjoyed the ride with you lot, so thanks..

I will be starting my new adventure tonight, I will tag you all in if you don't mind..
Hopefully this grow goes smoothly, but I doubt it. I just hope I don't get any
Leggy seedlings again, like the last timeLeggy supports

thanks again folks

Speak soon

Paul

Oh!! The Gl400a is going in the project pile. I'm going to make 4 smaller lights out if it and use them for side lighting. Chop it into quarters and wire it back up. What's the worst that could happen?:hmmmm:
DSC_1110.JPG
DSC_1109.JPG

Bye.
I love the fact you chose to be proactive and take control of what you can do for better health, rather than a pill.

I churn out so much allopurinol in my working day to people who choose a quick fix - controlling the gout symptoms while eating bacon - rather than making healthy changes.

Good on you :)

PS not rambling at all

Back
Top Bottom