Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

If you want to you can. You're set up to do it because the autos will likely finish before it's time to flip the photo you put in there. If you're running the autos on 20/4 or 19/5 you may need to train the photo to keep her manageable.

You would not want it the other way around, where you had to flip a photo with autos still growing. A 12/12 light schedule results in a significant decline in yield for autos.
Yup!!! When I flipped the lights on that last auto for 2weeks; she didnt fatten up at all.

Hi mate. That s#!t definitely kills weeds, my plants are wrecked:rofl: a lot of the old tomato growers I know use it, to bring up the pH when using liquid organic fertiliser..i only used it because I had ran out of PHup. Keep it simple? Simples boring:laugh: thanks for joining in mate

Howdy do growings.. I know I should get specific nutrients and eliminate all the guess work, but I like a challenge. Like at the minute, I'm nursing the sick plants back to full health, but I've also found the cause! (Me)
So it's all knowledge I have gained first hand. Luckily we don't use much product, so I can afford to muck up once or twice..
. oooooohhh!!!!! Where do I buy this fairy p!$$:laugh: taa for chipping in mate. Appreciate it

Hi mate, Thanks for those reassuring words, and I totally agree. I also appreciate the kind words of gratitude. Cheers man.. but if you have learned anything from me; Erase it from your mind, it is all wrong:laugh:
thanks again maytee:green_heart:

There's no reason why not. Just veg it until the autos finish..
just done similar, apart from I had to put my auto on a 12/12 for 2 weeks as I needed to get the photos in flower ASAP, as they were getting to big for for my liking..
How long do you plan on vegging the photos for?
Hey thanks for the advice! I’ll have to look at what I have for photo seeds, but I get it now and it should be fine. Looking forward to trying to train her like crazy!

Thats exactly wot I'm doing right now I got 6 auto's growing with about a month to go on some and I've already planted 6 photos a couple of weeks ago,

20210903_115545.jpg

An my jars r empty but that's ok I've chopped a couple of branches of 2 auto's close to finish line, one is a fast gorilla shizzle an a jack herer 47 this one still putting the odd pistils out so another week or 2 before finish but it has to b done when jars r empty
Hey squiggs nice difference in the plants they lookin better,,,

Evening sguiqq. Are the ladies still up? And are they any better?

I read that at the end of the day it was pH related problem? Or am I missin something? :rolleyes:

Thats exactly wot I'm doing right now I got 6 auto's growing with about a month to go on some and I've already planted 6 photos a couple of weeks ago,

20210903_115545.jpg

An my jars r empty but that's ok I've chopped a couple of branches of 2 auto's close to finish line, one is a fast gorilla shizzle an a jack herer 47 this one still putting the odd pistils out so another week or 2 before finish but it has to b done when jars r empty
Hey squiggs nice difference in the plants they lookin better,,,
Looking good in there mate. Pretty jealous of your set up; two working tents and lots of lights. What grower doesn't dream of such a thing :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm crammed into the back room, and I can't swing a cat in there... so yup, jealous

Yes, I have nipped a bud or two early, got to be done. What's it like?
Taa for the compliments, they are still sickly,but improving..

Evening sguiqq. Are the ladies still up? And are they any better?

I read that at the end of the day it was pH related problem? Or am I missin something? :rolleyes:
Howdy do mate..

They still look bad, but they are better, and Yeah! You were right about the soil ph! Did you read why it was so high? A build up of bicarb soda in the bottom of the pot...
Lesson learnt.
Im using a store bought up & down pH adjust again..I was trying to see if I could use something natural; But it failed, miserably!
Good call though! You nailed it!

U kill me mate ,,bicarb in the bottom of your grow
Lesson learnt I bet :rofl:
But I'm the same learn as u go ,its the only way to learn,,I could read up all day but nuthin sticks but I gotta say nice detective work on catching the problem, hope things pick up for you
Have decided to start another journal with a Bruce banner an black diesel ,hope u can find the time an pop over :ganjamon:

Howdy do mate..

They still look bad, but they are better, and Yeah! You were right about the soil ph! Did you read why it was so high? A build up of bicarb soda in the bottom of the pot...
Lesson learnt.
Im using a store bought up & down pH adjust again..I was trying to see if I could use something natural; But it failed, miserably!
Good call though! You nailed it!
Ahh daymn, but glad you figured it out! :)
I thought theres something in the soil which makes the soil pH too acid or alkaline or makes it bouce between.

You can use in an emergency for example baking soda to raise pH and to lower it use lemon juice. Though its not worth using either of them more than once. Lemon juice kills good bacteria from the soil, but your case was to bring it back up.
pH minus is fuggin acid slop careful with that xD

and heh glad if I helpd even a bit :Namaste:

But I'm the same learn as u go ,its the only way to learn,,I could read up all day but nuthin sticks
I Agree, hands on learning! I haven't got the concentration to read, my mind always wanders and wonders.
pH minus is fuggin acid slop careful with that
Tell me about it, the fumes sting ya eyes.. I think I will be disposing of that, as I won't use it anyway. Taa for joining in mate
I still have faith in a quality yield squiggs The BB was a monster and will take more than abit of posion to stop her!
Thanks for the confidence mate, appreciate it.. unfortunately she is really unwell. She's fighting back, only barely. The sour diesel has sprung back with anger! It's like it's getting fed on adrenaline..
I will update later.. she's a sorry sight, especially after what she was like..

Howdy do folks. Thanks for popping in.

As you are aware, I poisoned my plants just over two weeks ago.. anyway, after two weeks of a mineral water diet only, there has been a vast improvement in the sour diesel. She is starting to drink more now, so that's a good sign
DSC_0712.JPG
DSC_0701.JPG
There is still the odd fleck of yellow in the older sugar leaves; but the new growth is near perfect..
I'm stil holding off the feed, until I check the soil ph again. There should be enough in the new soil they got on the re-pot, to keep them going for another week. I will be doing another soil test these coming days; I will cut a window into the plastic pot, near the base, to take a sample..

Anyway.. I'm happy with the sour diesel, as I think she will make a full recovery..

Now for the blueberry,.
Remember how she looked? This was her, until I mucked up.
DSC_0636.JPG

And sadly, this is her tonight
DSC_0708.JPG

She's letting some flowers die
DSC_0718.JPG

Whilst trying her best to be pollinated; So she can pass on her genes..
I really wish I had some pollen, so she could die doing the thing she fought for.
DSC_0706.JPG

I think she will get to the finish line, but she will be a fair few grams lighter in weight. She is barely drinking..
Luckily I still have two seeds of the blueberry yet to germinate; So I can try growing her sisters..

Things are pretty slow growing at the moment. Hopefully, I will see more recovery through the week..
That's it folks!
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your time..

Squiggle

DSC_0693.JPG

Hi mate.
I see the benefits of coco now. As it takes weeks to change a problem in soil.. coco has never really interested me. With soil, I can feed and walk away for 3 or 4 days and not worry about them. That's the benefit I like from soil.

Set up a drip feed mate.I feel you on hand watering its a commitment in coco.But dont take much money setting up a bucket and pump to feed them for a few days. ;)
Hi mate.
I see the benefits of coco now. As it takes weeks to change a problem in soil.. coco has never really interested me. With soil, I can feed and walk away for 3 or 4 days and not worry about them. That's the benefit I like from soil.
But i know you favour soil so im sure next time you wont have any issues.

Squigs, mate, COCO

setting up a bucket and pump to feed them for a few days
To keep you lot happy :laugh: I will do one plant in coco, next run; just to see what all the fuss is about.
@skunksa , I really do prefer soil, as it is always trouble free. This is the first time I've made an arse of it; Purely my fault.

Are you going to pop more blueberry your next grow? And well on the topic what all ate you planning to grow next ????
Hi mate, definitely a blue Berry and I've just ordered a JH and a GSC. I'm looking at a skunk aswell. There's just so much choice out there. Do you recommend any?

Hey squiggs,,COCO is a trap mate ,,u no why it sounds to good to b true it is ,, :rofl:
If u like soil for the same reason as me ,,basically laziness :rofl:
But to b fair to coco that was only my experience,,it was one of my first Grows an I thought I'd give it a go,,,I found it very unforgiving but I now appreciate coco for wot it is a fantastic medium for non lazy growers

Back
Top Bottom