Squiggle Is Testing The Sylstar GL4000a: Multi Strain Grow, In A Brand New Set Up!

Hey squiggs,,COCO is a trap mate ,,u no why it sounds to good to b true it is ,, :rofl:
If u like soil for the same reason as me ,,basically laziness :rofl:
But to b fair to coco that was only my experience,,it was one of my first Grows an I thought I'd give it a go,,,I found it very unforgiving but I now appreciate coco for wot it is a fantastic medium for non lazy growers
:rofl:

Yeah! Coco ain't for me.
What??? Feeding them every day! Sod that; when I can just water and walkway :laugh: I will try it though. Just incase I am missing out

Ey m8 some of them lookin better already! Gotta repeat that squigg coco!

coco has lots more benefits and since u already got all those pH testers n stuff I would go cocoloco :D

Im lazy to why i use a pump and a bucket. All in cost me about 30/40£ to setup a system to water upto 3 plants.
With 3 i will get about 3/4 days watering of cause more the less ladies that are getting feed from it.If i really wanted to be lazy i would grab a water butt and feed them for a week or two.You can make coco just as lazy a grow as soil there is just a cost. ;)

Im lazy to why i use a pump and a bucket. All in cost me about 30/40£ to setup a system to water upto 3 plants.
With 3 i will get about 3/4 days watering of cause more the less ladies that are getting feed from it.If i really wanted to be lazy i would grab a water butt and feed them for a week or two.You can make coco just as lazy a grow as soil there is just a cost. ;)
Have had a look at autopot system and running coco and perlite se what happens as I'm a bit lazy aswrll at times

cheap me had an old wilma system bought a new pump a mixer and some pipe boom.Alot of the pot auto systems feed back run of into the system/tank im not a fan of that in coco.But i seen a few i would not mind but im not paying silly money.

I want to try coco when my room/sheds done interested to se how you get on
Starting most likely 2morrow a new diary where ”testing” all three mediums with same strains in hydro, coco and soil. Never tried coco before so going to be interesting. Also to see how it differs from soil for example root growth should be much faster

I feel you get a kick start in coco at the start other than that and its forgiving nature its pretty close with soil i have found.
But will be lurking see the out come.
Starting most likely 2morrow a new diary where ”testing” all three mediums with same strains in hydro, coco and soil. Never tried coco before so going to be interesting. Also to see how it differs from soil for example root growth should be much faster

I started in soil, then hydro, then discovered coco in Oz and never looked back
To me coco is hydro without the tanks, pumps air stones and all the other fuss with which I can't be bothered

I started in soil, then hydro, then discovered coco in Oz and never looked back
To me coco is hydro without the tanks, pumps air stones and all the other fuss with which I can't be bothered
I feel u. Coco has to stay moist all the time and in coco u can, and basicly have to manipulate and influence in pH and EC values for better growth. Instead of mixing and carrying gallons of water for DWC-system u can hand water coco just every now and then.
Being able to quickly adjust pH and EC values at different stages of growth from the first roots to ripen, is IMO one of the biggest key element for the success. Hydro(DWC) beats coco with more oxygenated water available

Adjusting pH and EC vaules sure does help.But i guess like DWC there is no debate i know whats in coco nothing. no fried seedlings early. no buying two mediums no lock outs well its hard to lock out better put.So for me with limited knowledge of DWC and lost knowledge of soil i been growing coco so long your test will interest me.

Old Salt has a coco thread you might like .
He got me started on rosin capsules and have been hooked since .
Had to move down here to type up above went wild . I know there is more coco threads but this one was interesting.

Adjusting pH and EC vaules sure does help.But i guess like DWC there is no debate i know whats in coco nothing. no fried seedlings early. no buying two mediums no lock outs well its hard to lock out better put.So for me with limited knowledge of DWC and lost knowledge of soil i been growing coco so long your test will interest me.
Ik this forum has not much discussion about DW Culture..
Dont either have ”whole growth-experience” from DWC, but been using it and got the general idea, so I’ll be learning A LOT from the coco and hydro on upcomming round. And glad if theres ppl who wants to follow their pros and cons real time in action! :)

Hi folks.
@Squiggle sorry to hijack your thread with my coco fan boy stuff :oops: ;)
Be my guest mate..it keeps the thread alive with useful info... if you were talking about football (that's soccer, to our American friends) I would have to say something. I can't stand the sport. I think I'm the only 'Geordie' that doesn't like the game..

Back
Top Bottom