Stand up freezer grow build!

ChanChan203

OK so my stand up freezer just went out and I was wondering what you guys would think about a seal grow room inside a stand up freezer. I was thinking about using a 250 watt cfl for light and supplement co2 through a yeast water mix inside the freezer it currently so cold here I do have to worry about cooling it I have to worry more about heating it which I'm hoping lights and maybe a heat mat or small heater can heat it freezers are well insulated so it will retain heat well. Any comments or thought would greatly appricated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm pretty new at this so I may be off a bit (or alot lol). Would think one would need fresh air flow, so not sure if an airtight sealed container would work well. Cutting holes in metal slightly harder than wood for ventilation. I would think metal more prone to condensation whereas wood absorbs it to a point, so not sure if mold be an issue as you are wanting to be a lot warmer inside than a freezer/refrigerator would be. Should be plenty of CO2 in just the air around, as not like you can fit a forest in there, and if a sealed environment would work you would need to regulate the CO2 to make it a constant and not an all and then nothing approach. Haven't seen any metal box grows here, but there is so much on these Forums there may be a bunch of them and I just haven't seen them yet.

Ya heat was a concern and alot of grow box that you buy are made of metal I'm currently building me a larger grow box but I was wondering about starting plants and vegging them in there while I was building my other box

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom