Stem and stalk turning dark help!

I don't think there was really much of an issue to begin with. Red stems mean basically nothing and the plants looked fine. Sorry if I missed it but what kind of water is being used here? The plants look worse from what I can see. Droopy, yellowing tips running down the edges, looks kinda like potassium deficiency due to high calcium. The other fading could be mag def due to high Ca. I'm not seeing the typical speckled damage on mid upper fans getting the most light like I would expect with an actual lack of Ca uptake. Who really knows with the medium as it is... Can we get some pics of the entire plants? Ya definitely lower the pH, 6.5 is too high for sure, that could be the whole problem even.

I’m using a filtered water from a fancy water store, it’s not RO but it’s filtered quiet a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Not to argue with you either @Buds Buddy ! It's a complicated situation under the best of circumstances let alone with a mixed medium and unknown water. I too am just going by what I have learned and seen in my own plants.. Hopefully the OP will have some success one way or another that's the main thing!

I’m using a filtered water from a fancy water store, it’s not RO but it’s filtered quiet a bit.
They are still growing well it appears? That's good then about the water. Hopefully it's safe to assume it's not throwing things off. They don't look horrible in the pic but it's a little fuzzy on my end. The lighter green new growth is normal in my world especially just after flip, but some leaves appear a little faded between the veins and the yellow near the tips.
I think he has the light dimmed and raised so it's definitely not light bleaching.

I started them off in a 2x2 tent with a 600w phlizon blupurple and they where very happy and healthy no issues with anything at all along side my AN schedule and I was using the same water and I didnt PH it, they where in the 5 gal pots in the 2x2 tent for about two weeks till my new tent came in and they where still happy. Put them in the 2x4 tent under the Mars hydro tsl 2000w 30 inches away and that’s when things started to go south. Now there in my 3x3 tent under two Aglex 1200w COBs.

Here’s some more pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 38
I’m using AN cal mag extra. I added it with my weekly feeding after some folks recommended it even though the base parts have cal/mag in them and I just started adding to my watering In-between feedings before i wasn’t adding it. I like to wait till the plants tell me when they need water but recently I’ve been using a soil monitor. It goes in 3 inches in the soil. Right now they are drying up pretty good after 3 days.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 34
  • 0CD5242F-16C0-4BF4-8816-4FFDCD832023.png
    0CD5242F-16C0-4BF4-8816-4FFDCD832023.png
    128 KB · Views: 39
For the feeding of AN I start with the water I’m the container and add the 3 bases first then the cal mag extra and the other AN nutes to go along with it.

Oh I thought you had already changed to 12/12...I'd hang on a moment on that. Sensi cal mag xtra? 4-0-0? That's an awful lot of extra N. Yes you're suppose to mix the calmag into the water first has always been my understanding but not sure that's the issue. Personally I'd drop the calmag like a hot turd and grow under the TSL2000.

They no longer fit in my 2x4 tent its only 60 inches tall with the mars tsl. They are 25 inches away from my Aglex in my 3x3 that’s 72 inches tall. I’ve been following this chart and feeding what’s on it ever sense they had 5 nodes mind you I dumbed it down a bit when they where smaller. I’ve had no issues with the feeding, I’ve only added the cal mag the wrong way once.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    733.1 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.4 KB · Views: 29
I can’t raise my lights much higher so that’s why I want to start 12/12. They already take up all the width in my 3x3 tent and I can’t raise my lights any higher.

Wish I could do more for you, that's a much more complicated feed routine than I would ever attempt. Throw in the mixed up medium... Ya got a lot going on there. Not saying it can't be done, you're in good shape overall, but if things start to go downhill I'd recommend bringing it back to basics ie base nutes only... Ya if you only have 25 inches it's arguably far past time to flip.

Back
Top Bottom