Stem rubbing?

Hello my green brothers and sisters :ciao: . I've been watching many of you and doing it myself, so what is it that I'm communicating to my smell senses? I've rubbed and sniffed the scent of pine, menthol, shit, lemon pledge, janitor in a drum, house on fire, but what do these smells relate to later when we set the buds on fire? Memory of a maybe great grow from the past? I don't know?

So if you wouldn't mind, why do we rub and sniff? Being a man I'm on board without any answers of course! But smells are a big part of "420 play" weather growing or smoking, we like to smell what's combusting or being vaped. What does a stem rubnsniff tell you? :Rasta:

I have never bothered tbh, my nose probably isn’t good enough to tell anyway. Until they get about mid flower, they all smell relatively similar to me :rofl: there are exceptions though, that big Cluster Bomb I could get a whiff of skunk once in awhile most of the summer. Funny thing is though, once ripe and after a cure, it’s a lemony pinesol smell. Been quite a while since I have had any Cluster Bomb, but if memory serves, the taste was a sour pine, maybe more of a sour dry gin taste.

I don’t stem rub other than to tell how loud a plant is. Stem rubs never translates into the final aroma or taste to me. Honestly I can only tell a difference in the major groups. Sweet Skunky, Fuel, Citrus, Earthy and Pine. To me the candy, cookie, ice cream is BS.

I don’t stem rub other than to tell how loud a plant is. Stem rubs never translates into the final aroma or taste to me. Honestly I can only tell a difference in the major groups. Sweet Skunky, Fuel, Citrus, Earthy and Pine. To me the candy, cookie, ice cream is BS.

i actually go by how it smells while flowering now.

hell my mom opens the grow room ... and tells me which ones are going to to be good
and she's never smoked weed ever :p

her favorites though are the ones with limonene terpenes i think. so she probably has a bias that way to a degree. but she knows which ones are gonna be straight up dank too lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh boy, now. The term loud. Is that what you're thinking the intensity of the smell is? How strong smelling it is?

i actually go by how it smells while flowering now.

hell my mom opens the grow room ... and tells me which ones are going to to be good
and she's never smoked weed ever :p

her favorites though are the ones with limonene terpenes i think. so she probably has a bias that way to a degree. but she knows which ones are gonna be straight up dank too lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:
I like her already!

I like her already!

she's got a bible and a walker. pretty much uses them in that order. :cheesygrinsmiley:

edit: she figures god gave us this plant. she uses both thc and cbd topicals, takes cbd pills everyday, and will use a thc pill if necessary for pain relief and a sleep aid.

Yes just the intensity of the smell, for me it seems to translate into potency.

smell is still the number #1 thing most humans go by. it's hard wired. and is still is the best meter, no matter the thc% measured.

the "high" has far more to it than just the thc, humans pick up on the terpenes, etc through smell. even the quality of cure will come through in smell. there's a reason dogs are still used to detect stuff.

smell is still the number #1 thing most humans go by. it's hard wired. and is still is the best meter, no matter the thc% measured.

the "high" has far more to it than just the thc, humans pick up on the terpenes, etc through smell. even the quality of cure will come through in smell. there's a reason dogs are still used to detect stuff.
Usually if something smells good to you then you need that.
So i think we're creating a "stink bank" if you will, in our brains. Remembering from that and dreaming to the future. Sounds natural to me.

Never heard of the term to be honest... I don't really wanna walk that path eithe,r being political correct !

Mmm normal mid to late flowering will give you a hint of the flavours & once you done the wet trim before drying will release even greater odours.

The first stage of the slow air dry will always be a damp hay smell but if you conditions are good the smells changes towards the later part of the slow air dry.

Personally I find max aroma after the grinding the bud this may change slightly over period of days if the fresh grind sits around in the grinder & age or cure of the bud as well.

So fuel often dominates the fresh grind with back ground notes earthy, moss, fruit, berries etc I rarely combust these days & prefer to vape where other notes of flavour can be expressed like spice, more define fruit flavour & other flavours are shown in the expression of the strain.

Never heard of the term to be honest... I don't really wanna walk that path eithe,r being political correct !

Mmm normal mid to late flowering will give you a hint of the flavours & once you done the wet trim before drying will release even greater odours.

The first stage of the slow air dry will always be a damp hay smell but if you conditions are good the smells changes towards the later part of the slow air dry.

Personally I find max aroma after the grinding the bud this may change slightly over period of days if the fresh grind sits around in the grinder & age or cure of the bud as well.

So fuel often dominates the fresh grind with back ground notes earthy, moss, fruit, berries etc I rarely combust these days & prefer to vape where other notes of flavour can be expressed like spice, more define fruit flavour & other flavours are shown in the expression of the strain.
I didn't hear of it until a year or so ago. I'm guessing it's another way of enjoying the grow. Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom