Stocking Up For The Apocalypse: Goody's Perpetual Grow By The Beach 2020

REALLY liking how it’s filling out
Yeah- it looks great! I'll do my best not to screw this one up!
It'll also be the first indoor plant that I'm growing in ProMix HP, so that should also help -the DrSeedsman seems to really like it-

Yeah- it looks great! I'll do my best not to screw this one up!
It'll also be the first indoor plant that I'm growing in ProMix HP, so that should also help -the DrSeedsman seems to really like it-
Got some promix loose potting soil and I love the texture of it (very fine) and it smells great. Using it from now on to start seeds, and that GelatOG clone is growing in it and loves it.
Man that Dr Seedsman is just going crazy
E9E47532-FB06-45AF-929C-DF4A64A9FC7C.jpeg

Glad I flipped it when I did!

Glad I flipped it when I did!
I think the technical term for what yours is doing now is "going apeshit" ;)

I'm planning on letting my Dr.S flower when it reaches 24"- so 3 more inches... the way it's growing now, that'll only be about 5 more days...it seemed like a slow starter, but it's making up for it now!

I think the technical term for what yours is doing now is "going apeshit" ;)

I'm planning on letting my Dr.S flower when it reaches 24"- so 3 more inches... the way it's growing now, that'll only be about 5 more days...it seemed like a slow starter, but it's making up for it now!
You can see in that pic that I have branches bent over, same thing I had to do to the WCC, before it touched the light. Another variety that seems to like 80-85 degrees and really bright and lots of food. That one is mostly going to be infused oil for Mom and E, and I’ll press some so I can have a CBD rosin dab pen. Really pretty plant so far.

How I got 2 clones from an autoflower plant-
Yes I got a little lucky. I picked the right variety, experienced the right conditions, and apparently did it during the right phase of the moon. Could I duplicate it? We shall see in the future.
I started with (1) Seedsman GelatOG autoflower seed, a freebie with my last order. I sprouted it like I normally do, which is shown in the beginning of this journal. I don't do the paper towel, just a float overnight and then straight into my regular soil in it's final pot. The GelatOG was the first of 4 seeds to pop out of the ground. It was a really fast moving baby, and at day 14 I decided on topping and training. The new top was barely out so I just pinched it off and tossed it. Usually I'd take all 4 full lower branches. This time I only took the bottom 2. I cut a few small slices up the stem, like I do sometimes during cloning but instead of using gel, I just put these into water. I used the same container and water that I had just used to help a houseplant cutting get roots. I believe the hormones that come with rooting may have helped this entire process.
There was no supplementary lighting. The cuttings sat in that water in the windowsill facing the ocean (looking east) for 10 days during July, and something about that was magic. On day 10 I had this-
IMG_6844.jpg

I feel like I would have a problem getting roots from ANY 14 day old cutting, but this one got roots. And the next day, the other one had roots. I put the first one in my new seedling soil (loose ProMix) and hoped it was about to do what I think it was going to
IMG_6850.jpg

It took a few days more in the windowsill before I knew for sure, but it was growing so I carefully exposed it to the light in the tent over the next day or so.
IMG_6945.jpg

Not knowing really what I should do, I decided to try to possibly prolong the flowering by giving it a little trim, hoping that time might get me some more growth. At this point, the mother is 28 days old and has not started flowering yet
IMG_7006.jpg

The ProMix says it can feed for a month, but I want to put this thing into overdrive and maybe get another whole plant. So I did the next thing I probably shouldn't have. I caught it up to all the other plants feedings in 3 days. I did 1/4 strength, 1/2, then Full, all in 3 days. Now it was drinking 5g/G MegaCrop, 1g/G sweet candy 3ml/G Silica Blast, 1ml/G terpinator with every feeding. Mom is finally starting to show flower at around 32 days. The light schedule in this tent has remained the same at 19 light/5 dark.
IMG_7061.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

A few days later, it's showing sure sign of flower. Never having considered it might become a real plant, I had it in this tiny catnip pot. So what else shouldn't I do to this thing? How about Up Pot it. Great Idea!
IMG_7098.jpg

And I really believe this shock may have kept it from going into flower for even a few more days.
IMG_7117.jpg

It's grown another few inches since this pic and is now into flower. I can't explain exactly what happened. I wish I had 100 more pics, but I never thought it would be that interesting. It wasn't supposed to happen, but it did. Watch it finish right here over the next few weeks! This is about 5 minutes ago-
IMG_7197.jpg

Have a great week, my fellow growers/farmers.

And this is clone #2, who has received no food and only sunlight through the kitchen window. She’s also in flower but is more decorative and just a cool second half of my Auto clone experiment.
C7EACB44-7C73-437A-88E6-9A88B310C570.jpeg

The GelatOG really started out looking stout and low, looked almost like a salad
C54699B8-73D2-4555-BFF4-C749C374BB40.jpeg

and now that it’s into flowering, it’s shooting out spears and starting to really fill out nicely
43916A78-A195-43B0-BBFB-B846B51A08C8.jpeg

This Freebie plant continues to amaze me. Really was looking like it wouldn’t produce much, but now my confidence is restored.

And outside, this little LRx plant in the turtle boat will have to decide pretty soon what it wants to be when it grows up. It hasn’t added much size recently, or any clear sign of sex. But inside the plastic container I can see another round of healthy roots popping through, so I know it’s doing something. I have removed some strange dead growth but nothing major, and this thing is still eating pond water and staying alive.
8AEE01A9-3358-4F64-ACB7-B2390ED4EECA.jpeg

Nice writeup on the auto clone, and her mom is also looking great- I was wondering where you got the 2 "extra" branches for the clones- I'm gonna have to try that.
this thing is still eating pond water and staying alive.
and that's as impressive as the auto clone-it ain't huge, but it sure ain't dead either!

The Purple Lemonade is a pretty one- I've grown 2 Alaskan Purples, and not even a suggestion of purple on either one-
both your brothers have asked "why isn't it purple?"

Nice writeup on the auto clone, and her mom is also looking great- I was wondering where you got the 2 "extra" branches for the clones- I'm gonna have to try that.

and that's as impressive as the auto clone-it ain't huge, but it sure ain't dead either!

The Purple Lemonade is a pretty one- I've grown 2 Alaskan Purples, and not even a suggestion of purple on either one-
both your brothers have asked "why isn't it purple?"
Thank you!
Reading about that purple lemonade (after the fact of course) and it actually suggests little to no food, and a flush if any food is given. This one has been getting huge doses of everything along with the other plants. The leaves are kind of burning now, same as some of the WCC, so it’s time to back it all down a bit anyway. It’s had a rough life and still looks great, I’m going to try the next one without much food at all.
That GelatOG loves the food though, but it’s also about 6” lower from the light than the WCC.
The one in the pond is just trying to figure out why it’s here I guess lol. Sort of hoping it’s a male, it could be father to some really interesting children.

That GelatOG loves the food though,
That one of mine was on 7g/gal of MC for about 5 weeks,and it never did get as green as I wanted it to.
Of course, it didn't get as big as I wanted it to either... ;)
That ChemDawg is also a hungry one-she's getting 6.5g per day now, and loving it....

Some of you may have seen this one pop up with the oddities post- This is another LRx that I’m doing (indoors now) just for fun and science. I’m using water from our turtle pond and living in the bottom of it are a couple goldfish from the pond. The root system has been interesting and has renewed itself several times. Suddenly this plant is drinking LOTS of water every day. Will be an interesting finish if it ever has one-
EF79ADDF-52D8-4232-A7DE-56BAF223568C.jpeg
EB588344-E1C8-4621-8423-B3C3CBE1FA63.jpeg
CF2FEE8D-0CFE-47B9-8190-4E9C1ABB4E27.jpeg
A12045C2-C065-4C25-AA16-D3863222D475.jpeg
C8A6C8A5-22B6-4DDA-8F83-B048CC437139.jpeg
BF25A80E-9F88-416D-A344-CC3B9EBF57D9.jpeg
794221F3-87DC-4D37-B331-6E5DE99AD805.jpeg
30D04166-AE3A-448E-9A74-0105CE349119.jpeg

Good job bud on doing something out of the norm. Ive giveing aquaponics lots of thought before and I like where your going.
I'd believe that the turtle pond water alone feed to a plant would suffice, adding the few fish would mantain the nitrogen likely, but may fail after a while with a dead fish from high toxicity.

I'm not saying you should change anything, but hear me out. Fill the bottom half of that container with pond plants and remove the fish.

Plants + a few smaller rocks from the pond will have microscopic organisms liveing in it ( look up Mysis shrimp) together, the micro shrimps will poop/pee, the plants will eat this and turn it into nutrients (nitrogen) and provide your cannabis with nutrients, untill atleast flower.

During flower you may end up with smaller buds then normal, simply because your only providing nitrogen and not much phos. You could maybe toss in some fresh water seaweed that could be higher in phos.

Just food for thought, keep up the good work.

Outside ladies are loving the weather and have grown about 20% bigger in the last week. Hopefully they will get their asses in gear and flower before the sun turns off in mid September.
6EC21E99-5888-4AE6-9C72-F3B48383DA65.jpeg

I’m not the tallest guy but this @carcass plant is going to be taller than me soon.
0C5D3E59-730C-4B7F-A1B5-B50CFF093B09.jpeg
D9A0F74A-BD5C-4BA3-948C-DED22CFA3E48.jpeg
751B2DC4-274B-4860-9F83-E3B4EE8FEB56.jpeg
233FAFC8-7C4C-4651-A640-F1ECA9707466.jpeg

54E360DB-49AC-425F-9259-98022A340295.jpeg

Haha looks like you figured this out anyways by placing the plant directly into the turtle pond. Sweet. Looks great.

Haha looks like you figured this out anyways by placing the plant directly into the turtle pond. Sweet. Looks great.
Yes it’s suspended and the roots are all down in the pond water. There are about 30 goldfish in there, along with the slider turtle, which seems to provide N at least. Tried to add other aquatic plants, and the turtle just eats them all. Will be interesting to see what happens when it flowers!

Got another (possible) freebie clone, but this time from the Dr Seedsman. I almost gave up on this one, it had been 3 weeks and algae is about to take over this tiny container. Next stop ProMix
FFE93570-B4C1-4C7F-AD70-9C78D8338A9C.jpeg

For my sweet tooth, GelatOG
56E0150C-44CF-45B1-92C3-81338E7E64F8.jpeg

A pretty girl, she’s filling out very nicely and staying fairly short overall. Especially when compared to the Wedding Cheesecake on the right-
2ED5CEBA-D0B3-466C-81F1-95FB7AA5B2AB.jpeg

Her leaves are burning up a bit on account of the sweet candy and terpinator OD (a fine line indeed) but with autos there’s really no time to fix anything with only 2-3 weeks left. Just slide into home with your ass on fire and the bud should be fine :laughtwo:

This guy knows the spot to hang out and catch flies
8D6CD9D2-CAEA-42AE-84A6-9E40D2AE2A9C.jpeg

The 2nd @carcass LrX is in flower...and huge. She’s the tall one in the back, I moved her out from her spot tucked between the wall and the post because she was begging for more room to spread her wings
69414DCF-6412-4AF0-820C-7401F55E7F5E.jpeg

This Gorilla Glue “Auto” lol in front of her is huge and pretty but still just sitting there not flowering.
The other LrX is loving life and flowering is going smoothly
99E28C33-FA28-4566-9469-881E7C4A63BF.jpeg
1A046953-304E-43C3-9083-8B0A6E9679A7.jpeg

So now it’s 2/3 flowering, just waiting on the turtle boat plant which has sort of lost mass and become almost a bonsai with no visible sex.
8CE0C204-9FD9-4EA9-AD19-DEB05E2394E4.jpeg

Have a great weekend everyone!

LrX is in flower...and huge.
Damn...She's pretty! Hard to believe her mom was a 14" LowRyder#2...actually, her dad was only 2' tall, but that's because he stayed in a 1 gallon pot when I found out he was a he.

Your ChemDawg is a little bit behind the LRx in flowering- she's still stretching- she's grown 2" (and drank 3 gallons) since Monday-
she's going to have some long ass colas on her...
1596827872239.jpeg

Damn...She's pretty! Hard to believe her mom was a 14" LowRyder#2...actually, her dad was only 2' tall, but that's because he stayed in a 1 gallon pot when I found out he was a he.

Your ChemDawg is a little bit behind the LRx in flowering- she's still stretching- she's grown 2" (and drank 3 gallons) since Monday-
she's going to have some long ass colas on her...
1596827872239.jpeg
That LRx closer to the beach (which gets more sun) must take after the shorter plants. It’s perfect and round and short, and started flowering about 10 days before the other one. Both of these are huge considering I thought they were gonna flower like 6 weeks ago haha.

Back
Top Bottom