Stony's Super-Organic SCROG

StonyGeoff

Ok here they are :)

DSC005311.JPG

DSC005301.JPG

DSC00529.JPG

They arrived today :ganjamon: I've been told they are a hybrid, Afghani and Hindu Kush, Indica. The medium is roughly 50% perlite, 50% worm castings and compost plus a few clay balls, it drains really well. The clones came rooted in small rockwool cubes, and the pots they are in for now are 6" tall and 5 1/4" across at the top, probably hold about 1 Litre or Litre and a half. The grow space is 1.5' x 2' x 4 feet in height. Temps stay around 24*C with lights on, dunno about lights off yet, I'll check later.

I've got them on 18/6 while they get settled in, I'll be leaving it on 18/6 for a little while so I can supercrop them to get them ready to fill the screen. The smaller of the two is 5" tall and the one on the right is 6 1/2" tall. I watered them today from the top with 200ml of quarter-strength nutrient solution each. The grow formula I'm using is "Ozi Magic Gro Juice - Magic Bud Grow" with NPK rating 2.5-0.37-3.05 which contains seaweed extract, beeswax extract, humic and fulvic acid and plant extracts, I read this off the back of the bottle.

DSC005341.JPG

They'll be under my 164w CFL rig for the entire grow till harvest. Only problem is I've got 8 cfl's in there and only 2 are cool white, the rest are warm. I'll have to go grab 2 or 4 extra cool whites to chuck in while they're vegging, then I can chuck the warms back in there for flowering ;)

Tell me about it lol. My sister's bf keeps telling me to f*ck off the CFLs and stick a 400 watter HPS in there, and I keep telling him I'm poor right now and this is all I can afford right now until things pick up :) If I get the HPS I'll need extra ventilation, maybe cooling, ballast, reflector, probably a much bigger filter then what I've got in mind.. It all adds up unfortunately :( But that's ok, I have plans down the track when I get a second cabinet for a MH & HPS system :cheesygrinsmiley:

Camera batteries are dead.. I'll grab some more during the week and get some clearer shots of the babies up here.

This is an old shot of the box I'm using. It's outside dimensions are 3.5'x5'x1'8" inside the left side is the grow space for now, and the right-hand side is being used for storage. Very soon I'll be removing a couple of shelves from the right side and building a small vegging/cloning area, which will be 1.5'x1.5'x1'11" and lit with CFLs most likely.

DSC00276.JPG

Here's a few shots of my lights taken from my first grow. 8 CFLs in total, 164w total power usage, equivilent to 790w output. I am planning to make reflectors for the edges, just waiting for the right kind of simple & cheap idea to come along .. and going to paint the inside of the box with some donated white paint from a mate.

Lights off
DSC00344.JPG

DSC003452.JPG

Lights on
DSC00351.JPG

DSC003501.JPG

no problemo... U made me look at an old Printer stand/cabinet I have in my basement; It made the move to my new home not having any idea where it would fir in; I think I have discivered its new purpose in life.

Where's your Seasol. A must for good grows. The bud swell additive is very low in Potassium, and Potassium is vital for floral stimulation, floret size, and colour, as well as overall vitality. I think the one you have has only a small amt of sea weed.

Oh man is that gro juice I'm using just an additive? I thought it was a complete nutrient fertilizer. I'm getting a bottle of seasol tomorrow, and some fish emulsion next f/n to use aswell.

Sweet man :cheesygrinsmiley: no more sitting around collecting dust!

Are you thinking of something similar for your cabinet?

yeah I am.... I even think I am going to use some cabinet space I just adopted with my new house. I took over the prior owners arts/crafts room and have more cabinetry in here than I have EVER had in a kitchen...

I am thinking I will use a cabinet I have already built in, light proof the door with black adhesive felt and hang a light from the top.. The big question is WHAT KIND OF LIGHT? I just happen to have a spare 12" x 12" blue led panel I could easily suspend in a cabinet... think it would work or is it to much?

What size is your cabinet man? The led panel should work, I dunno much about using LEDs.. have you had any experience with them? I use CFLs cos they're affordable and effective. You can go MH or HPS in a cabinet space but it requires better ventilation and possibly cooling.

--

Just some info on the strain(s);

Afghani & Hindu Kush Cross (100% Indica)

Afghani
A pure variety, never hybridized, imported from Afghanistan, grown in Holland. Very broad leaves, 100% Indica. Heavy buds with lots of resin. Some plants turn purple at harvest time. Rather high flower to leaf ratio. Aroma and flavor are heavy, almost medicinal. Very strong, physical, practically narcotic high. Average yields. Specifications: ~ Flower: 8-9 weeks

Hindu Kush
Pure Indica, one of the most constant kind. Best start for anyone who wants to grow his own Indica. Hash like taste, large firm buds, above average yield. Specifications: ~ Flower: 8 weeks

:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom