Stumped's First Grow - 400w MH Closet - Pineapple Kush Bag Seed

Stumped

Hello. This is my first grow. I've grown under cfl before, not knowing much and got smoke out of it.... We will leave it at that lol.
Onto the room. Its a 3x5 footprint, and about 8 feet of headroom.
For lights I have a single 400watt mh(I have to use this for flowering, let's not elaborate why)
Soil is pro mix.
I have air intake and exhaust setup. About 150 cfm intake and 100 cfm exhaust. Keep a neg pressure in the room.
Smell isn't a issue. Everyone around me smokes it and grows it. So screw an air filter.
I did a temperature test a few days ago and the hottest I've seen the room is 84 lights on. Lowest was 73 with lights out

Seeds are in germination process. Will post pics once there is something worth showing.
Seeds are from a bag of pineapple kush got about 1000 of them. Germinated a few before summer. There outside and every one is female. Does that mean my seeds are feminized?
I plan on using water only until flowering. And using a 42 watt cfl for the short vegging process. I'm gonna flower after I see 5 nodes and they are topped.

Questions about fertz. I have been keeping aquariums for almost 10 years and I buy all my plant fertz from a local hydroponics shop. Kn03 , KH2PO4,K2SO4 and a trace element mix. These are all dry fertz and I got 5 gallon buckets of each. My question is can I make my own mix for my plants with what I have? Can i dose how I dose my aquariums lol if so this is going to be easier then i expected.

Questions, comments or anything i forgot?

Thank you for your support.
I have been reading non stop and I think I am right about what I have. Im going to start once I'm in flowering and I'll be dosing as I do my aquarium I guess to start and we will see how that goes.

Here is a list of my solutions I'll be adding to get desired ppm. My watering tub is about 10 gallon. I'll run an aquarium filter on it to keep it from going stagnant.

KNO3 16.8 grams to 250 ml of water. 1 ml drop of this will give me 1.08 ppm of NO3 in 10 gallons of water.

KH2PO4 7.2 grams 250 ml of water. 1 ml of this will give me 0.53 ppm of PO4 in 10 gallons of water.

K2SO4 will be added dry 1.5 grams of K2SO4 will dose 10 gallons of water to 17.72 ppm

My trace mix don't give me an exact science. But I'll dose that as I do my aquariums. Its csm+b

So if I have this right these 3 solutions are my N-P-K witch is the core of growing all plants. I get comments all the time on how lush green my aquariums are, I have 22 planted tanks around my house. But are these solutions strong enough or too strong, for grass?. I guess i will find out unless anyone has any further info.

Thanks. Time to check on the seeds :)

Not sure about the nutes but if all ur seeds r fems maybe the plant it came from hermied for some reason......just keep an eye on it late in flower......or maybe u have stellar luck lol, I use a 400watt and love it I sometimes wish I went with a 600 but I'm happy and have pulled 3 ounces a plant, this time I'm hopping for 4 per plant but don't care if I only get 1 as its for me friends and family. Good luck brother and have fun!

OK thanks for that info. I will keep an eye in late flower.
Do you use a 400 watt mh to flower?. 3 oz a plant that's pretty sweet with a small light. U got me excited a bit. I was expecting half oz a plant

I too am purely doing this for myself and friends.

Few seeds popped. Nothing to plant yet. Pics coming in next 48 hours.
I also have 2 plants coming 2 feet tall already half way through flower. So Im setting up a small starter box for germination and early vegging.

Edit. I found this formula I will be following for my fertz. 100 N 100 P 200 K 60 Mg ppm. Apparently I can use this for vegging and flowering.

IMG_20130908_115513_zpse87178ce.png

Mysteriously some of the seeds just never did anything after planted. I got 5 strong ones 1 fucked up "clone" and the rest don't know what there doing. Just on straight water. I Put them in the mH room today to give them some good light. Shitty pic I know. They will get better, this was just a quick one With my s3

Looks good man, silly question though.....do you have drainage cut into the solo cups? Yeah you can def pull more then a half per plant under a 400 watt light, I think 10-15 is what I remember people getting per clone in a sog, I'm going more of a Scrog with out the screen, I veg under a 8 bulb t5 ho for a couple months and then switch to the 400hps a week after flipping the lights.....I feel like it helps with stretch. Feel free to stop by my journal some time+reps for the experimentle nutes! I like learning new stuff

Looks good man, silly question though.....do you have drainage cut into the solo cups? Yeah you can def pull more then a half per plant under a 400 watt light, I think 10-15 is what I remember people getting per clone in a sog, I'm going more of a Scrog with out the screen, I veg under a 8 bulb t5 ho for a couple months and then switch to the 400hps a week after flipping the lights.....I feel like it helps with stretch. Feel free to stop by my journal some time+reps for the experimentle nutes! I like learning new stuff

hey man thanks for stopping by. silly question... no I did not cut holes. going to cut holes now I totally forgot dammit, was going to put them into there 3 gallon pots next week any ways (with holes lol). thanks
in the future i plan on vegging the plants alot longer. as of now i don't even know if i have males or females :(. so first crop will be a quick veg, if female ill take some clones and veg them for a few weeks/months before flowering. i would really like to fill this space. i used a light meeter (android app) and i get about 38 000 lux all around the room pretty much at about 12-18 inchs from the bulb. foot print of the floor is actually more then i said. its closer to 4 feet wide and about 6 feet long

you use t5 like aquarium lighting? i have a few aquariums and a few ballasts laying around. i have a few ice cap 660s t8 ho. can run 4 110w ho bulbs 440w total. you got me thinking now.... that is where i recycled my 400w mh ballast and reflector lol good enough for coral gotta be good enough for pot lol

checking out your thread now.

cheers :)

Small update. I've decided to just use the 400 watt room for all seedlings for now. I sprouted another 24 seeds. And repotted the 6 strong seedlings. Also as of today I started with 1/4 dosage of my homemade fertilizer mix on the 6 original plants. The older plants are about 24 inch from the bulb. And the smaller seedlings are about 36 inch from the bulb. Lights are on 18 and off 6.

Pic update coming Sunday. I'm going to make Sunday my weekly picture update day.

Pic update. Got 12 going in the room total. Keeping them about 18 to 24inch from bulb. Fed with 25% fertz. Still going on 18/6.

6 older ones day 15 veg
IMG_20130915_155341_zpsce1b2f8f.jpg

6 newer day 2 veg
IMG_20130915_155346_zpsed676115.jpg

Group shot
IMG_20130915_155329_zps7deb8384.jpg

Seeing a bit of discoloration on 3 of the older ones. Looks like its low on mg. I upped my homemade dose of trace elements from 50ppm to 100ppm. Let's see if I can correct it.

So if I flower these 12 hopefully ladies on Oct first. By finish will I get 100 grams? With a 400 watt metal halide only. I plan on topping on 5th node and doing some lst on the 6 newer ones and a scrog on the 6 older ones. Might need more veg time?

Subscribed, I've seen a lot of journals where seedlings stretch like crazy under a MH, a lot of people use cfls since they don't usually stretch as much with them. I think it's all about getting the right distance for the lights you have, and it is a fine line, from what I've seen. You can buy a 400 watt hps lamp for like $50 or less, it would be a good investment for flowering, if you can swing it.

Hey and thanks for stopping by.
I have read of the stretching that was why I planed on scrog for some and LST and super cropping for the others.
As for a 50 buck hps ballast I have looked locally buy and sell and I've come up with nothing.

I read that most my ballasts are switch able. Mine has no switch but it does have an unused wire inside the housing, this ballast is pretty old in a galvanized box. Maybe I should take some pictures. And someone can tell me if I can just change this wire and run hps .

Does your ballast have a model number? Some ballasts will operate both, but some won't, so you should probably google it, if you don't have any info on the equipment. Hps has a far better spectrum for flower, and the plants will definitely reward you for the the switch. Hopefully the ballast has a label with a model number, then you can look it up. GE makes the M-59 ballast, that will operate both, but that's the only one I have personal knowledge of.

Back
Top Bottom