Stumped's First Grow - 400w MH Closet - Pineapple Kush Bag Seed

I would not use pea gravel for your net pots, I would either use hydroton, Rockwool croutons, coco coir or nothing except a neoprene net pot collar. I would use either a air stone or a spray bar or both, Stinkbud's container system uses spray bars and is said to work quite well. if you are going from rooted clone to a Deep Water Culture then 300 PPM may be good to start with as long as the roots reach down into the nutrient solution.

Harvest a pound every three weeks! The Stinkbud way

Thanks for that promo helpful info king john! U rock dude lol

I got nothing to loose. 6 plants in flower and 8 in veg. Plus i got thousands of good seeds.... So I took the plunge, made a 18 gal rubber maid tote dwc system. I used 2 aquarium filters with spray bars attached. Each pump does 200 gph. Water is spraying across the roots pretty evenly. I made net pots from 591 ml water bottles. Cut the hell out of them and they hang down about 3 inch, I did use sterilized pea gravel, put I'm going to pickup some neoprine inserts today or tomorrow.. The system I made is set for 6 plants. The tote is filled up about 15 gallons. About 2 inch from the bottom of where the net pots hang. So the roots can touch the water and the net pots are not, just sprayed with water.
I put just plain ph'd water in last night and transplanted some plants to it. Today I'm going to add 100ppm n 100ppm p and 100 ppm of k. I'll add 50 ppm of trace as well. And I'm going to add some air stones.
Over night 1 plant drooped a bit. The rest look fine.

Droopy seems to be recovering. Others look fine. Roots are just touching water. Gonna try some diy plugs from pond liner. 5 inch squares with a slit. So they fold over them self's and give good support along with easy access. I'm going to cover my rez with this rubber as well to block light.

Checked my pH today and it was at 7. Yesterday I added a super weak dose of fertz, today I added more and it brought the pH back to 6.2. Water is a bit cloudy thinking of a water change tomorrow.

Can I use my aquarium water for my rez if I filter it of sediment first? My piranha tank and a few others are very acidic. PH of 5.5 to 6. Water is well established as I only do water changes once a week. Tomorrow happens to be that day. So can I use it?

TDs meeter took a dunk in the rez :( . I'll be guessing my ppm till I replace the meeter. I did just fire up my r/o unit. I think it need new carterages. PH coming out of it is 6. Out the tap is 7. It should be 5 right?

Plants look good. 2 in the Dwc didn't take, 4 are doing great. The 6 in the flower room I tied down yesterday With some LST, to go with my hst lol. Even out the canopy and let some of the under growth catch up. I took pics yesterday but I didn't have time to upload. I will tonight when I get home. So the pics will still count as yesterday lol as they were taken yesterday. Massive amount of growth since last week. No flowers showing yet in the flower room.

here i am at the start of week 6! end of week 1 of 12/12.
lots of growth from last weeks update. i think my nutes are working just fine, what do you guys think?
number 5 wasnt one of the stronger ones, and number 10 was started a week later and was strongest out of the second 6. so this is the 6 gone into flower. its been 7 days since the switch. no sign of pre flowers yet.

IMG_20131006_160310.jpg

IMG_20131006_160326.jpg

IMG_20131006_160334.jpg

IMG_20131006_160342.jpg

#6 cant see the tag
IMG_20131006_160357.jpg

IMG_20131006_160402.jpg

here is my little dwc project. the 2 plants that look like crap are gone now. the other 4 are alive, i see new roots in the "net cups" today. so i guess its working.
got my ph stable between 6 and 6.5. i added a half strength of nutes before my tds took a dunk. was getting a ppm of 650... so lets see how good i can guess till the new one arrives!
and the tinfoil is down lol dont yell at me. it was to block light leaks for a few days, im vegging at 18/6. i now have pond liner hung up blocking light and sound. gonna put some panda film on it sometime.

IMG_20131006_160145.jpg

IMG_20131006_160223.jpg

im going to pop a few more beans for the hell of it. my veg box 6' L x 1.5' W x 3' H (under a 100 gallon aquarium) can hold quite a few solo cups hahahah. 2x 42 wat spiral cfl, 4x 13 watt spiral cfl and im going to add 2 40 watt 4' floro tubes.

thanks for all your help, comments and suggestions!

Cheers

I built a bubble cloner. Took a clipping yesterday to test it out. The new dwc project is working. Lots of root growth. But no new growth uptop yet. PH is slowly climbing, today it was 6.9 I used some pH down and now I'm back at 5.6.

Planted 5 of the 20 seeds I put in a cup of water to pop.

Was up till 5 am trimming outdoor. 23 out of 101 plants are down trimmed and hung, I got 5 pounds of wet trim I put in the freezer at 5 am. I'm going to try some gumby hash!
I'm going to do it in batches. First Bach I'll try with about 1 pound of sugar leafs. Water is frozen. How long should I let the trim freeze for? And how long should mix this trim for with the ice.? I see some people say with fresh only mix for 7 to 15 min. Other places say 30 min. Lol

Just a few plants then eh!
Lol. Well it is outdoor and all lol. 1 pound was just too much to run in ice at once. One pound got me 3 runs. 2 are dry 3rd and the biggest I let sit over night for the first settle.
So far dried I got a 4 gram chunk of nice hash. Ill post pics tomorrow!

Just checked the girls. I see pre flowers!
On my way out to trim some more outdoor. Bubble hash is coming nicely. Got about 10 grams of black hash. Still got over 4 pounds of sugar leaf to run and whatever I take home tonight. We are keeping fan leafs separate. I'll run them last along with everything again to see what it gets.

I seen balls on one plant for sure. Chopped down. 2 more possible males. 2 for sure females and one still not towing sex. Sorry no pics, I been so busy with outdoor season helping a friend. Stuff I'm trimming is hashplant and green crack.

Got a lot of shit drying from bubble hash. I just finished the first 5 pound bail. I'll know my weight by wensday on the first quarter of the 20 lbs of sugar leaf I got. And 5 or so lb of fan leafs.

I'm going to just skip this weekly update I'm just not home when the lights are on for the next few days.

Sorry I missed a week. Here is the pics from start of week 8 from seed, day 20 since 12/12. pics taken yesterday in a hurry on my way to work.

The 2 in the back started drooping when I did some supercropping a day before the pic. also think i may have double watered them by mistake. ill let the pots dry out and feed with just ph'd water next watering.

my hydro experiment is failing big time, I simply dont have the time to pay attention to all this crap lol. my own mistake, I probably wont switch them back to dirt ill just see them till the end for the hell of it. my bubble cloner works perfectly is what sucks. hopefully them clones will take to dirt. if not im taking more clones next weekend and putting them in rockwool.

and now onto the girls. no pics of the veg structure. forgot to take them i will add them to next weeks update.
IMG_20131020_191527.jpg

closeup bud shot
IMG_20131020_192245.jpg

my "hydro"
judging by the pic u can probably tell I need a heater in my rez lol. And my ph was out a whack. i put a heater in the rez, changed the water, re added nutes. left with a ph of 6. so lets see if its corrects itself.

IMG_20131020_191532.jpg

here are some pics form harvesting the outdoor with my buddy.
IMG_20131010_215957.jpg

IMG_20131011_002147.jpg

gumby hash ive been making. this pic it was about 40 grams. i made more and now got a 50 gram ball along with the making of another 50 gram ball in a few days. 38 grams now. its got a good high and a decent taste. i was expecting a much lesser quality product but to say the least im vary happy.
IMG_20131019_002839.jpg

2 plants seem to be wilting. Edges of leafs a bit brown, curling down and yellowing. Going to do a emergency flush today, 5 gallon flush. I did water them with the wrong jug, they got a double feeding for sure. Stupid me.

The hydro expirment is doing slightly better, new growth has green not yellow lol. Rez ppm is 700 and pH is right at 6. Roots are getting big, about 10 inch long and nice n white.

Also, what is a good place to order seeds in eastern Canada? Not looking for crazy expensive strains, just looking for something that isn't bag seed.

Herbies one of our sposors are supposed to be awesome for stealth, cost and general service for beans. Oh and if thats you in the pic behind bud then you might be my long lost twin lol. Had a good laugh thinking damn that looks like me?!?

Lol no that's not me, thats my buddy :)
I bought some beans off a old friend. He charged me 50 bux for over 200 seeds from seed banks. Slight problem, there is no label on the bags so its a guessing game lol. One step forward two steps back lol
Checking out Herbie's now thanks.

OK before I do this weeks update I have a question. Danklover pointed out I should count day 1 of flowering the first day I see pistols. Not when I switch to 12/12.

I switched the lights to 12/12 Oct 1st. I didn't see pistols till the 12th. My strain is a 7-8 week.
My question is do I count the 7 to 8 weeks of flowering from the 12th? Or from the 1st?

Because if today is day 15 of flowering I'm doing OK in yield I think. If I'm day 25 this is not looking good for me.

Day 1 should be counted from the appearance of pistils, and don't go by the seed bank info, it's usually a week or two longer than they say it is.
OK before I do this weeks update I have a question. Danklover pointed out I should count day 1 of flowering the first day I see pistols. Not when I switch to 12/12.

I switched the lights to 12/12 Oct 1st. I didn't see pistols till the 12th. My strain is a 7-8 week.
My question is do I count the 7 to 8 weeks of flowering from the 12th? Or from the 1st?

Because if today is day 15 of flowering I'm doing OK in yield I think. If I'm day 25 this is not looking good for me.

Day 1 should be counted from the appearance of pistils, and don't go by the seed bank info, it's usually a week or two longer than they say it is.

OK thanks. I'm not going by seed bank info as these were not purchased from any seed bank. They were bag seed from confirmed pineapple kush. All the sites I found says 7 to 8 weeks. So I guess in minimum 8 weeks I should start looking for trichs color and cloudy from the day I seen pistols 15 days ago. Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom