Suggestions on 5g Wifi Hygrometer?

I bought one of the Inkbirds last week but it only supports 2.4g wifi. Try as I might I could not get a 2.4g connection to work on my 5g wifi. So I am looking for a similar hygrometer that supports 5g. Does anyone have any suggestions?

whatever you use has to match the data plan you carry from the telcom. 5g is a bit ahead of some mfgrs and apps at the moment. others make a distinction so you can purchase the correct one when you order.

i know folk who work with app developers, it can be an issue. most lesser apps will work with 5g, but many are left in the dust. it all needs to be fixed in development before release.

I realize that this is late to the thread…

Dig into your router and get the 2.4 GHz network fired up.

5 GHz will be used in devices like Inkbird at some time but one of the reasons why all of our cannabis-tending devices use 2.4Ghz is that it's better suited for the task than 5 GHz. And, though I haven't checked, I'd wager that it's cheaper and saving even a few cents in terms of cost of manufacturing makes a difference in the consumer market.

5 GHz is able to carry much more data than 2.4 but it also has a much shorter range. In contrast, 2.4 can't carry the amount of data that 5 GHz can, and that's fine because the amount of data being passed is tiny, but it has a significantly greater range and has an easier time going through walls.

Most routers have both networks because 2.4 is optimal for many home WiFi devices which are doing nothing more than passing small packets of data.

An analogy - we can use USB for a mouse or a keyboard but we have fiber optic to do the really heavy lifting (that's an extreme analogy, granted).

Back
Top Bottom