Yes, it was in Tejas.
My oncologist always responded indirectly. Like he would day things like, "I suggest continuing your herbal protocol". Plus, he's funded through MD Anderson.

There are many private studies by public entities being done on cannabinoids all over the state now. A few hospitals including Cook's Children's, are knee deep in medicinal marijuana.

I like that "Continue your herbal protocol." :laughtwo: Good man. Lol! We're gonna look back on these years and laugh.

It's good to hear research is getting up to speed at long last. The writing's on the wall.

Apologies for not replying earlier, looking after the girls has been a bit of a full time job recently!

I wish I could mix them when the CCO is fresh but unfortunately I get the CCO by post so that's not really an option until the girls are ready (still a long way off for now).

It looks like I'll have to heat it slightly, I'll probably try heating it to 40-50 degC at the most and see how I go. Then I can hopefully write up what I did :)

I've had great luck with bringing a water bath to boil, turn the flame off and set the dish with the CCO and carrier oil into that and just wait a couple minutes. Within two minutes I've been able to combine the olive oil and CCO and then mix lecithin in with no problem at all.

Since I've been playing with the basic Budwig recipe I though this was relevant to the thread, so I've copied it from Cajun's thread.

Some info...
The Canna Budwig protocol uses cottage cheese. This causes many things to happen with the mix & in your body.
I'm not going to go into the details here, but one of the things that happens is oxygenated cells which cancer doesn't dig.

Allow me.

The cottage cheese contains the amino acid cysteine. Cysteine contains sulphydryl groups, which are groups having a sulfur atom bonded to a hydrogen atom. The carrier oil contains polyunsaturated fatty acids, most importantly alpha-linoleic (omega-3) and linoleic (omega-6).

When you combine the cottage cheese and the carrier oil the sulphydryl groups and the polyunsaturated fatty acids cause a chemical reaction that makes the carrier oil water soluble. This allows the carrier oil, and the meds we've bonded to that carrier oil by also using lecithin in our mix, to be absorbed into the cell membranes.

The cell membranes are supported by the unsaturated fatty acids, which have an electron cloud, allowing them to bond to oxygen. This aids in cellular respiration. Without the essential fatty acids the cells struggle to get adequate oxygen. Cancer cells can't survive in a highly oxygenated atmosphere. One of the things that needs to happen to allow cancer to get a foothold is a breakdown in the cellular respiration rate.

The take-away here is to make sure you get essential fatty acids into your diet. Your body deserves that advantage.

PsyCro! How's your pressure cooker batch going?! I was beginning to wonder if it went too well and we wouldn't hear back from you! :rofl:

That project is happening this week :winkyface:

.. although i'll be using the same grass to oil ratio as before. I might try making a more concentrated oil later on, but for now i've gotten feedback that this current ratio and dosing regime is just fine as is.

Please pardon my rant here..

Plus, he's funded through MD Anderson.

So... money is making a difference in the way any individual doctor communicates with you?
This would cause me to change doctors. If I were for one moment to think that in any way my medical provider were altering plain communications with be because of ANY outside reason... I would develop a significant lack of trust.
How does a physician not see this as a basic challenge to his/her Hippocratic Oath?
I mean... FFS, would they feel the same about wearing a muzzle when speaking to patients?
I find dishonesty (of any flavor) completely unacceptable from my physician!

Back to your normally scheduled programming....

Yes, it was in Tejas.
My oncologist always responded indirectly. Like he would day things like, "I suggest continuing your herbal protocol". Plus, he's funded through MD Anderson.

There are many private studies by public entities being done on cannabinoids all over the state now. A few hospitals including Cook's Children's, are knee deep in medicinal marijuana.

My neurologist phases it in a similar way in my records. "MS specific herbal supplements" is the way he puts it. :) :peace:

That project is happening this week :winkyface:

.. although i'll be using the same grass to oil ratio as before. I might try making a more concentrated oil later on, but for now i've gotten feedback that this current ratio and dosing regime is just fine as is.

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the pressure cooker!

For now, what is it you're doing that's getting good feedback? You mentioned on page 16 you tried an experimental batch in a normal pot (I assume on a stove/cooktop?) with 12ml olive oil, 20 g fresh material, and some water. You're using the same oil/material ratio but how much water are you using? Is the feedback you're getting from medicinal or recreational users?

Please pardon my rant here..

So... money is making a difference in the way any individual doctor communicates with you?
This would cause me to change doctors. If I were for one moment to think that in any way my medical provider were altering plain communications with be because of ANY outside reason... I would develop a significant lack of trust.
How does a physician not see this as a basic challenge to his/her Hippocratic Oath?
I mean... FFS, would they feel the same about wearing a muzzle when speaking to patients?
I find dishonesty (of any flavor) completely unacceptable from my physician!

Back to your normally scheduled programming....

I appreciate the rant, but we have to keep in mind that these medical professionals operating in prohibitive states run the risk of losing their liscense by encouraging the use of medical cannabis. It's not dishonesty between the physican and patient, as much as a rephrasing for the "powers that be", for the protection of the patient. By using careful phrasing they continue the protocol without raising red flags with the authorities.

Well... OK... I can see how words in public have to be colored. These are not public discussions. These are private interchanges between doctor and patient. Specifically protected communication done for exactly these sorts of reasons. We have that law in place to allow for the free and open flow of communications between physicians and patients because we know the importance of such things.
A doctor that felt the need to color his communication with me in private for any reason simply could not be a physician I would have faith in.
Perhaps I draw that line in my world with a sharpie a bit too dark, but that's just not one I'm willing to smudge... and I wouldn't want to put myself in the hands of anyone that did.

Of course, I realize others have different standards and draw that line much differently than I, and of course, that's cool... but I'll keep my line where it is.

Well... OK... I can see how words in public have to be colored. These are not public discussions. These are private interchanges between doctor and patient. Specifically protected communication done for exactly these sorts of reasons. We have that law in place to allow for the free and open flow of communications between physicians and patients because we know the importance of such things.
A doctor that felt the need to color his communication with me in private for any reason simply could not be a physician I would have faith in.
Perhaps I draw that line in my world with a sharpie a bit too dark, but that's just not one I'm willing to smudge... and I wouldn't want to put myself in the hands of anyone that did.

Of course, I realize others have different standards and draw that line much differently than I, and of course, that's cool... but I'll keep my line where it is.

I can certainly understand that. Everybody has their own standards. I suspect that finding yourself in the care of a talented oncologist willing to encourage you in your cannabinoid therapy but choosing to couch his language in careful terms to keep himself on that razor's edge our federal government has made them live with, you might modify that tune a bit. I can see the need to exercise a strict control over language in a circumstance like this, if only to keep communications habits soundly in place. It's an unfortunate reality and one, I hope, we're going to see the end of soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if the private verbal communication was a little more open. But once the doctor starts making notations to the patients chart, a little more care and discretion is called for to protect both parties, particularly in a non-permissive state. Hell, even in Colorado a doctor lost his license for admitting he used cannabis to treat his own illness. That's the reality in even the most permissive of environments.

I appreciate the rant, but we have to keep in mind that these medical professionals operating in prohibitive states run the risk of losing their liscense by encouraging the use of medical cannabis. It's not dishonesty between the physican and patient, as much as a rephrasing for the "powers that be", for the protection of the patient. By using careful phrasing they continue the protocol without raising red flags with the authorities.

Well, in 2011 and before, it was rare to find a medical corporation willing to allow there doctors to sign off on a qualifying condition for MMJ in NM. I was lucky, but it took two doctors and a year of hassles to get a card. Now, some are starting to sign the application forms for the program.

Most patients have just resorted to "Doctor Weed" and bring there own documentation to the interview. That service runs around $100 + from a Nurse Practitioner.

It is a small club here with just over 20,000 in the program.

But once the doctor starts making notations to the patients chart, a little more care and discretion is called for to protect both parties

What's recorded for the insurance company's use is one thing, but when my doc has to resort to winks, nods, and vague references in person, I loose respect.
I, of course, have already abandoned respect for 'the system' regarding MJ.
I do, however, feel that an MD has a personal contract with other humans to be as open and honest about any given regime or treatment. I feel it's delineated in the Hippocratic Oath.
Any thing other than complete honesty and openness simply violates that very hard and fast rule.

And let's not forget that these things are written in stone for very good reasons. Reasons that have caused masses of deaths.
For example, there were many medically related evils done in Nazi Germany. The doctors involved no doubt knew they were drawing way outside the lines, but bent to social and political pressures.
Sure, that's a crazy example, but how do you thing the snowball turned into an avalanche?

I look forward to hearing what you have to say about the pressure cooker!

For now, what is it you're doing that's getting good feedback? You mentioned on page 16 you tried an experimental batch in a normal pot (I assume on a stove/cooktop?) with 12ml olive oil, 20 g fresh material, and some water. You're using the same oil/material ratio but how much water are you using? Is the feedback you're getting from medicinal or recreational users?

Pretty much everything from MS to herpes, dermatitis, burns, arthritis, and also some cancer patients. But what i meant about good feedback was about oil to grass ratio. At the moment its not necessary to make a more concentrated oil because people are comfortable with it the way it is. The small experiment with water was to make oil 5 times stronger than what i currently make, and it worked. I'm sticking to 100drygrams/1L for the pressure cooker.. for now. Amount of water doesn't matter either way, more is better but the important thing is to have more liquid than raw material.

Pretty much everything from MS to herpes, dermatitis, burns, arthritis, and also some cancer patients. But what i meant about good feedback was about oil to grass ratio. At the moment its not necessary to make a more concentrated oil because people are comfortable with it the way it is. The small experiment with water was to make oil 5 times stronger than what i currently make, and it worked. I'm sticking to 100drygrams/1L for the pressure cooker.. for now. Amount of water doesn't matter either way, more is better but the important thing is to have more liquid than raw material.

How are they dosing?

Tead,

Caution and fear of mostly Federal prohibition cause most doctors to avoid cannabis issues. Rather than faulting them, we need to appreciate the risk and hassles a few are taking.

The world is cumming around to where it was going in the late 60's. With the crackdown on opiates, cannabis is going to become a more acceptable form of medication.

The cat is out of the bag.

Best

Caution and fear

I get it... I see why it's occuring.. but these 2 words don't belong in the sphere of thought that literally holds my life in it's hands. I refuse to accept it. Further, I just can't understand how a physician could dodge any subject with artful euphemisms about any aspect of my care.
I've had open discussions with my physicians in the past. They've spoken openly with me regarding the subject. I've never visited one that isn't. Perhaps it's changed with our governmental involvement with health care... but that would be a change I simply would be unable to accept and would find another provider.

Of course, the Lovely Sue points out that when the rubber meets the road, my opinion my be altered a shade.

I won't quote all the posts, but this post seems to have started a discussion regarding doctors and their involvement with medicinal cannabis.

For me, modern medicine is best described as "bitter-sweet" as I consider medicine to be among the most important occupations around, however, I seem to be hearing about/dealing with more and more doctors that I would consider to be incompetent, if not negligent.

Unfortunately, I can't let doctors off the hook in this instance. Whether it's the best approach or not we live in a world where governing bodies have decided that average joe/jane is not capable of determining what medication they need, or what dosage to take, etc. for certain drugs and that it's up to doctors to prescribe them. As such doctors are the ones in the best position to get medicinal cannabis to the point where it should already be. Average joe/jane can plead all they like, the governing bodies have already made it clear they don't think average joe/jane is capable of determining what's best for themselves.

I watched something that was on TV here a year or two ago discussing medicinal cannabis. They had doctors on the show giving the same tired pseudo-logic I've come to expect about how we need more trials and we need to test the safety, etc. This sort of mentality is at best a joke, at worst it's causing unnecessary suffering. I believe if these doctors could use real logic for a change they'd realise that there's more than enough information regarding the safety of cannabis. There are even studies showing that recreational cannabis is less harmful than other legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, let alone medicinal cannabis. More importantly, at least some of these doctors prescribe medications with some pretty severe side effects and don't seem to have a problem with those medications.

I think what I'm getting at is we have at least some doctors saying things like "we need more trials" regarding cannabis while at the same time saying to some patients "well, there's nothing more we can do". If they were even half as intelligent as they think they are they'd be saying "well, cannabis can't make this situation any worse, I should be able to offer it, and the medical community is in the best position to make that a possibility".

Caution and fear
I get it... I see why it's occuring.. but these 2 words don't belong in the sphere of thought that literally holds my life in it's hands.

Precisely!

Back
Top Bottom