My daughter has an anxiety disorder. She's struggled with it all her life. The pharmaceuticals dispensed for this are dangerous, in my opinion, but she's had no tolerance for them anyway and at 33 she'd accepted that this might be her fate and she'd have to fall back on Vallium or Xanax for desperate times. Then she finally decided to try cannabis therapy. Friday night she had her first dose, using a vaporizer. Her anxiety level's been at 3-4 since then, with regular dosing. She says when she's home that's typically at a 6-7. This is in her "safe zone".

Today she made her first trip out of the house medicated. Not high, because this doesn't get her high at all, one of her prime concerns. She medicated before she went out. This is a repost from my grow journal. As you read this remind yourself that this protocol is illegal where we live. How insane is this?

Update about the daughter's protocol.

My daughter lives in a world where she swims in a sea of anxiety. Her extreme sensitivity to any medications has made it impossible to find a maintenance drug to help her live with some relief from this emotional onslaught. I've know for years that cannabis might be the drug that would give her the highest quality of relief with the least amount of side effects. Finding out she was sensitive to sativa-dominant strains and possibly THC made it more challenging, but now we can choose from strains like the Criticals I'm growing, which are a balanced ratio of THC:CBD, reducing the euphoric effects while providing the medication in CBD form that we believe would be most beneficial to her.

The Med GOM 1.0 that she's testing out now can exceed that balance and come closer to 1:2 THC:CBD. The relief she's experiencing with this strain is nothing less than miraculous. She's offered to author her own testimonial on her day, but I'll tell you that she spent the morning traveling by bus to see her doctor, and then following up that trip with a grocery run through the local Target as she waited on the connecting bus home.

This is the point where we typically have me walk down to meet her so she can survive the trip through Target without a panic attack. She usually has one anyway, but at least I'm with her.

This morning, as she was preparing to leave the apartment and the tremors of fear began she decided to take her morning dose. Why not? She's confident now that euphoria is not a concern, so now she sees it as medication. What surprised her were things like the absence of her nervous sweats, which always start on the way down the stairs so that by the time she hits the streets there're beads beginning to run down her face. Her bus trip was non eventful. The visit with the doc casual and relaxed. By the time she got through the rest of her morning and was on that connecting bus on her way home she realized the prevailing attitude for her day out was not panic but an uncustomary nonchalance.

This is unbelievably good news for her mother.

Pretty much everything from MS to herpes, dermatitis, burns, arthritis, and also some cancer patients. But what i meant about good feedback was about oil to grass ratio. At the moment its not necessary to make a more concentrated oil because people are comfortable with it the way it is. The small experiment with water was to make oil 5 times stronger than what i currently make, and it worked. I'm sticking to 100drygrams/1L for the pressure cooker.. for now. Amount of water doesn't matter either way, more is better but the important thing is to have more liquid than raw material.

So let me see if I understand your methods before you get in to the pressure cooker methods :)

Originally you blended fresh plant material with olive oil to get as much plant material as possible in to the olive oil which resulted in 400g plant material with 1l olive oil (0.4g/ml) . This was decarboxylated in an oil bath at ~105 degC for ~2 hours and then you get about 850ml of oil after straining out the plant material.

The next method you tried involved fresh plant material, olive oil, and water in a pot on the stove. I'm assuming that again you blended the plant material with olive oil and enough water to cover the plant material which resulted in 20g plant material with 12ml olive oil (1.67g/ml). This was decarboxylated at ~100 degC (due to the water content) for 4 hours and I have no idea how much oil you finally end up with.

Have I got that right?

How are they dosing?

Another good question I should have asked! I liked the idea PsyCro mentioned of using a spray bottle with a more concentrated extraction :)

So let me see if I understand your methods before you get in to the pressure cooker methods :)

Originally you blended fresh plant material with olive oil to get as much plant material as possible in to the olive oil which resulted in 400g plant material with 1l olive oil (0.4g/ml) . This was decarboxylated in an oil bath at ~105 degC for ~2 hours and then you get about 850ml of oil after straining out the plant material.

The next method you tried involved fresh plant material, olive oil, and water in a pot on the stove. I'm assuming that again you blended the plant material with olive oil and enough water to cover the plant material which resulted in 20g plant material with 12ml olive oil (1.67g/ml). This was decarboxylated at ~100 degC (due to the water content) for 4 hours and I have no idea how much oil you finally end up with.

Have I got that right?

Another good question I should have asked! I liked the idea PsyCro mentioned of using a spray bottle with a more concentrated extraction :)

That's the jist of it. The next step via pressure cooker is for more steady temperature levels and maximum substance retention, ie very very little evaporation loss. I measured that my old pressure cooker is the low pressure type, operating at 4-4.5psi, that's 106-107 degrees Celsius.. perfect!
For dosing, its all over the place. Anywhere from .3ml doses to 3ml doses (although i'm sure its possible to go even higher for some people and cases), depending on condition and tolerance levels. For skin conditions, and arthritis, not too much is needed to get the skin oily.

The spray bottle works very very well. As is, a 1ml dose is 8 sprays, easy peasy.. its when the doses are larger that it gets inconvenient. A concentration 3 times as strong would probably be optimum, so that low tolerance people could get on with one spray, while high tolerance people could avoid dosing with syringes.

Putting the placebo effect to work - Harvard Health

The Placebo Effect - Drugs.com

Placebo Effect May Account for Half of Drug's Efficacy

I've been contemplating posting this for quite a while now, and since no one has been able to show the reasoning as to why some methods don't get you high, but are therapeutic at the same time, i've gone and done it. Obviously by now most have gathered that i do not believe in this no euphoria hype, and think that its all just due to poor absorption. Sure maybe enough gets in to help, but maybe a lot is being wasted. In any case, for some these methods work, for others no. For some though, a large number of people no less, going by statistics at least, the mind is very very powerful medicine...

All they're really achieving, beyond the needless suffering, is fostering the attitude of civil disobedience this country was founded on. We'd all just appreciate them getting out of our personal lives and let us make sound decisions for our own bodies. I'm willing to take the risk and full responsibility for my cannabinoid therapy, thank you very much.

So my daughter, the ultimate law-abiding citizen with a deep moral and ethical core, is now a criminal element by definition of our governing bodies.

Something's very wrong with this picture.

Something's very wrong with this picture.

Money and power... they were mixed in by Hearst and his butt stupid lackey Anslinger respectively.
I do have to take my hat off to the success of their efforts... they both achieved their goals in a very effective manor.
We've been living with their lies and deceptions for nearing a century now. Unfortunately, I'm forced to call that effective... way effective.

Money and power... they were mixed in by Hearst and butt stupid lackey Anslinger respectively.
I do have to take my hat off to the success of their efforts... they both achieved their goals in a very effective manor.
We've been living with their lies and deceptions for nearing a century now. Unfortunately, I'm forced to call that effective... way effective.

I think what disturbs me most is how they've brainwashed our medical professionals to ignore an entire body system and the possibilities this system offers for healing with the addition of some innocent phytocannabinoids, and that they keep up the lie in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Obviously money and greed are busy at work here.

... and why has it been so insane for so long?!?! A schedule 1 narcotic... FFS!

I've been peeing into that windstorm for decades... I just end up wet and smelly.

Not sure how old you are, Tead, but do you remember John Erhlichman from Watergate fame and is bossman, Richard "Tricky Dicky" Nixon? From a Harper's Magazine article by Dan Baum:

I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. "You want to know what this was really all about?" he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. "The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."

It's a cruel world full of liars and thieves in high places, my friend...

To this day, I actually spit on the ground when I hear the name 'Nixon'. I'm way unable to forgive him and I don't see his later successes as anywhere near making up for it.
Yea... I remember all the tapes. His words were so vile and mean. They dripped of hatred at every phrase.
Don't get me started....
Then, his little protege Reagan and his wackadoo wife..... Meh!

It's a cruel world full of liars and thieves in high places, my friend...

ahhhhhhmen!

Putting the placebo effect to work - Harvard Health

The Placebo Effect - Drugs.com

Placebo Effect May Account for Half of Drug's Efficacy

I've been contemplating posting this for quite a while now, and since no one has been able to show the reasoning as to why some methods don't get you high, but are therapeutic at the same time, i've gone and done it. Obviously by now most have gathered that i do not believe in this no euphoria hype, and think that its all just due to poor absorption. Sure maybe enough gets in to help, but maybe a lot is being wasted. In any case, for some these methods work, for others no. For some though, a large number of people no less, going by statistics at least, the mind is very very powerful medicine...

Thank you for this PsyCro. I firmly believe in the healing power of the human mind. I'll check these out when I'm done with gardening chores.

IMG_49239.JPG

Marks out of 10 please Sue ?

Sue, I've spent the last few months slinking around your journals, dropping in at odd times and places, lifting up edges and peeking in trying to glean the basic info on what you've learned about CCO. I think now I've finally learned one thing. I have to go back and read from the very beginning...;)

Sue, I've spent the last few months slinking around your journals, dropping in at odd times and places, lifting up edges and peeking in trying to glean the basic info on what you've learned about CCO. I think now I've finally learned one thing. I have to go back and read from the very beginning...;)

There is so much information here, it may take 2 or 3 readings!!! :) :peace:

:laughtwo: I hear you Weaselcracker. I have to periodically go back and read this one from the beginning, and it's only been up a month. Lol!

There is so much information here, it may take 2 or 3 readings!!! :) :peace:

Amen to that. :laughtwo: And we've just started.

Chewey :hug: You did all the hard work, my friend. I'm so proud of your tenacity I could burst. :battingeyelashes: :love:

PsyCro, thank you for that delightful journey through the wonders of brain chemistry and the power of expectation. I've always held that within every human brain is the power to heal you of anything. To find that the placebo effect is even stronger than we realized is confirmation of that. Expectation and intent create a chemical field that can change reality, the effectiveness of which is driven by your own ability to suspend doubt.

Or, as my children heard pronounced over and over again in their home

"Your brain doesn't know the difference between reality and what you tell it. It's going to believe what you tell it every time."

The lack of feeling high with certain delivery systems is really a combination of building a tolerance, entering the system without passing through the liver at first and dosing in a way that the THC load is distributed more evenly throughout the day and so doesn't create a massive psychoactive reaction. There is euphoria, it's just controlled. I can't speak with authority as to the bioavailability of the medications being dispensed through these methods, but certainly members of our own site have had significant positive results that suggest something far beyond the placebo effect is going on.

There's a lot going on in cannabis medicine right now geared towards dosing for efficacy without problematic euphoria, and many of these medical professionals are creating data bases of their own patients' labs that appear to be backing up this approach. How high you get is not an indicator of the effectiveness of your cannabinoid therapy.

Certainly the placebo effect comes into play with cannabis therapies as well. This is a good thing, but it doesn't discount that tacking and suppositories work without strong euphoria, and my expectation is that the medications administered through these delivery systems are, indeed, getting cannabinoids into the system in doses large enough to make a difference.

Reading those links though left me feeling very positive about the future of the human race. We're getting closer and closer to Cosmic Consciousness. There's hope for us yet.

Back
Top Bottom