I'll jump in here with my take on how much also. I make my own cannabis oil but use virgin coconut oil instead of olive oil. It's not really the cco as this thread does. But on to the dosing, everyone is different I can take a single 0 capsule an hour before bed and sometimes feel lucky just getting to bed. My wife can take a double 0 capsule at the same time and sez she can just feel a little buzz. Hell I'm six foot tall and weigh 210, she's seventy lbs smaller. So start small and work your way up.

I will try every strength I make. I also have a tolerance that is above most that I have been around so I will take that into consideration.

:laughtwo: An indication of the level of euphoria - it didn't occur to me until just now that I could make it in a more diluted mix. Lol! When I make the next batch I may make it with a higher ratio of olive oil.

Hahaha! That tickles me. Such a blonde sometimes. :rofl:

An additional note on the capsules, I gave some to my BIL to try and he reported back that this dose knocked him out with an evening dosing and he's been sleeping better than he has for years. So at this strength it's good sleep meds. I took my last one yesterday at 1:30 AM and slept like a babe.

Ive been following this with great interest. I'm wondering the extent to which the terpines are contributing to this? The whole flower synergy factor possibly.

I've been making infused oil with this strain for many months, coming up on a year now, and all previous oils were made with the ratio of 100 grams dry to 500 ml of olive oil. Done with dried flowers this oil doesn't give me a euphoric effect beyond a sense of wellbeing, which is what you'd expect from a CBD dominant.

Made with fresh flowers it's an entirely new ballgame. It's 5:30 PM and that means I've been flying now for 7 and a half hours with no end in sight on my morning dose of one capsule. I'm really high, but also functional, as today's posting history would demonstrate. I gave it some thought earlier and I believe I'm higher on these capsules than I was I was on my 5:1 BioBombs. Last night I couldn't take the third capsule in my regimen until I went to bed at 2 AM. I was simply too high to risk another dose. Five days in and I'm still trying to figure out how to dose this properly. I haven't made any changes because I'm enjoying this unique rolling euphoria that keeps lifting me, like waves on the ocean. Never felt this type of euphoria before.

It's not like I'm a novice to cannabis. I have a legendary reputation for my tolerance level. This is a new experience for me, and a delightful one at that.

Oh! I just felt the first signs that the dose is beginning to wane. That's early signs that I'm beginning to recognize. I still won't be able to take a dose for another hour or so, because I'm still too high. :cheesygrinsmiley: gosh, I'm having fun with this. :laughtwo:

When you get your strains it's a matter of working the math. So much THC in each and so much CBD. You're looking to get the ratios as close to balanced as you can, without stressing over it. Once you know what you have to work with we can help you reason it out, if need be.

The lowest temp in my oven is 170 F. The directions on that oil were simply to go with the lowest setting. Oldbear's 210 F in the toaster oven would work as well, but you might want to take it out closer to 24 hours than 36 hours. I no longer stress so much about the conversion rates because I now understand that there's tremendous benefit to the acid cannabinoids too, so it doesn't bother me to have more THCa or more CBDa in the plant material I'm using.

In a cancer case, we'd be doing everything possible to get the maximum THC expression.

Hi All,

I hate to be a spoil sport, but mixing two plants together will halve your THC and CBD percentages, assuming you are mixing equal amounts.

For example.

I plan to mix one gram of Hash Plant (12% THC and 3.5% CBD) with one gram of Freedom Dream (1% THC and 8% CBD).

Hash Plant: 1 gram; times 12% THC = .12g THC
times 3.5%CBD = .035g CBD
Freedom: 1 gram; times 1% THC = .01g THC
1 gram; times 8% CBD = .08g CBD

That gives you 2 grams of cannabis with .13g of THC and .115g CBD. Divide by two and each gram of the mix will have .065g THC and .0575g of CBD, the average of the two strains. As percentages, 6.5% THC and 5.75% CBD.

You can adjust the amounts of each strain used to produce different profiles, but you will always bring the highest trait down and the lowest up, because you are blending, not breeding.

Peace. :peace:

The Industrial Plant Auto is one hell of a good plant. I do have small difficulties in growing her but that's, it really is a must have if you want a high CBD strain. What I am planning on doing next whe I've harvested her i'm going to mix her up eith a high THC strain for RSO, I was thinking about Aurora B or White Widow but we'll see. That means that I will have a 20%CBD and 25%THC RSO... Sounds like something I would use after one hell of a deployment out in Afghanistan!

Hey KingstonRabbi,

Maybe I'm just obtuse, but I don't understand what "over 20% total cannabinoids" means.

It is not a measure I have ever heard of, and I don't see how it tells me anything about the profile of the oil you are creating. Did I miss something?

I don't know if you're being a spoil sport as much as just clarifying the math. Mixing 25% THC with 20% CBD is still over 20% total cannabinoids that will make some potent 1:1 oil. :)

Ive been following this with great interest. I'm wondering the extent to which the terpines are contributing to this? The whole flower synergy factor possibly.

I'm positive about that Oldbear. There's no other explaination that I know of. With the full entourage effect and a ratio closer to an equal balance you get a vastly improved high. This suggests the medicinal values have increased appreciably.

All these years we've been chasing higher and higher THC values, ostensibly to get higher, no? Turns out you'll get higher on a landrace with a diverse terpene profile and 12% THC than you will on a high THC with 28%. We're chasing the wrong golden calf.

Hi All,

I hate to be a spoil sport, but mixing two plants together will halve your THC and CBD percentages, assuming you are mixing equal amounts.

For example.

I plan to mix one gram of Hash Plant (12% THC and 3.5% CBD) with one gram of Freedom Dream (1% THC and 8% CBD).

Hash Plant: 1 gram; times 12% THC = .12g THC
times 3.5%CBD = .035g CBD
Freedom: 1 gram; times 1% THC = .01g THC
1 gram; times 8% CBD = .08g CBD

That gives you 2 grams of cannabis with .13g of THC and .115g CBD. Divide by two and each gram of the mix will have .065g THC and .0575g of CBD, the average of the two strains. As percentages, 6.5% THC and 5.75% CBD.

You can adjust the amounts of each strain used to produce different profiles, but you will always bring the highest trait down and the lowest up, because you are blending, not breeding.

You know, I read this and all I could think of is "How much difference would it make to the euphoric experience if the ratio was flipped?" What I meant was, looking at your numbers the THC ends up just slightly higher than the CBD, and that will create a particular effect. So how much difference would you feel if the CBD was the one with more dominance?

With numbers this close do you think there'd be much difference at all? Cannabis is still such a mystery to us.

Felonius, your math is correct. This is the part of this game that gets me all twisted around sometimes. :laughtwo:

I'm of the current opinion that the balance of the ratios and a more complete entourage are going to make the greatest difference in the end. Once you have balance and can guage the effects you can begin increasing the component loads to give you the relief you're seeking.

....You can adjust the amounts of each strain used to produce different profiles, but you will always bring the highest trait down and the lowest up, because you are blending, not breeding.

Yes. There are times that that is the desired result.

If you think of blending strains as adding something new to the profile of the individual strains rather than as one profile diluting the other(s) it may help understand the benefits.

I have a strain that I am finishing the last of that tested at 27% THC and no CBD detected. It is fine smoke but you are not going to get Sh** done if you smoke very much of it. If I mix it with Shark Shock at circa 8% and 8% and a different profile, I get something I can smoke all day without a nap. The kicker is, it is a better high. SS by its' self will barley get you a buzz, however it is calming and helps muscles to relax.

It is a short leap from changing a perceived high to wanting to find better medical profiles.

I never know

I had an interesting experience today that I'll share on my way to bed.

I've been enjoying the sweet rolling buzz from the CBD Critical Cure fresh harvest oil. Today, after 5 days without a brownie I decided I wanted one. The brownies are approximately 75 mg of THC. The CBD CC is around 5-10% THC and 10-15% CBD. The increase in THC made the euphoric experience "harder" for lack of a better term. The capsule buzz is soft and pleasant, even though it's this potent. Adding the additional THC threw the ratio way out of whack and messed with the buzz.

I think tomorrow I'll have a brownie and forego the morning capsule, to see if I can decern the differences.

We're learning that balance and lower numbers are likely where we should be looking. We have decades of training to go for the high THC, and it's turning out to be the wrong direction. Even in cases of cancer they're seeing healing with ratios closer to balance and with more diverse terpene and cannabinoid profiles.

I need to get my butt to bed. I'll see you all tomorrow. Thank you for your insatiable curiosities. :hug: :love:

So my question is, how do you get an oil with high amounts of both THC and CBD?

Hi All,

I guess the answer is breeding. But I can't recall a strain that is higher than 10% in both THC and CBD. Maybe the answer is you can't.

Strain - Volume - THC % THC mg - CBD % CBD mg - Unit Cost Cost

ABC ...... 2 ......... 6 ......... 120 ........ 8 ....... 160 ...... $5.00 ..... $10.00

XYZ ....... 1 ........ 20 ........ 200 ...... 12 ....... 120 .... $10.00 ..... $10.00

Total in mixture ................. 320 ................... 280 ..... 600 ......... $20 ..... $/mg $0.033

A spreadsheet format version of whats being said (for my math brain). :thumb:

What Ive learned:

a) is that you can mix anything with anything in an oil based or water based solution. These two can also be combined.

b) LSL in the first stage of processing - mixing blending simmering - seems to help; stage 2 - separation (optional but if you do then); stage 3 - processing the extract liquid; stage 4 - processing the mash)

c) these extracts can be supplemented with other things for use as food. They can be flavored.

d) the cannabis mash is fully edible and can be added to lots of things

e) "No Cannabinoids or Terpines Left Behind"

Mixing purchased concentrates into a solution can be done either at stage one or 3.

Its fascinating to me that we are processing cannabis by going back to food processing methods used 000s of years ago. Turning tomatoes into tomato sauce or paste, canning tomatoes.

Hi All,

I guess the answer is breeding. But I can't recall a strain that is higher than 10% in both THC and CBD. Maybe the answer is you can't.

I do have an answer to that... For example the Industrial Plant auto CBD with 13% CBD and 5% THC crossed with a high THC strain for example white widow, Aurora Indica, Ayahuasca Purple. All strains with more than 20%THC

Home canning has been used for centuries to store items that wont keep in their natural state and improve flavors.

A very important step in the process is killing any pathogens so the products store longer, and dont make you sick.

I remember helping my grannies and a few health and safety tips come to mind:

The working area, tools, and containers must all be sanitized. The mason jars, tops and lids were placed in a boiling water / steam bath. The simmering of the material, or blanching in some cases, reduced bacteria. Simmering has the additional benefit of reducing liquid content of the solution.

Often the jars were filled with hot material to that it would produce a vacuum seal when it cooled. The tin lid gets sucked into a concave position. That's how you knew it wasn't spoiled - if the vacuum seal is intact.

Natural preservatives include salt, vinegar, sugar ... probably lots of others. But for cannabis extracts au naturel is the best so boiling must be done.

My recent habits have been to store my home made extracts in their original form, and clearly labelled.

I like little syringes.

I can make a combination of anything with anything to create a custom thc:cbd profile. A few squirts or squeezes on a spoon then take it.

If I find a blend I particularly like, I can make a supply and store it in little jars, dropper bottles, in a syringe, or in capsules.

The simplest way to increase cannabinoid content - take 2 doses.

To create a higher concentration, the liquid must be reduced, or a stronger base product used.

My inventory has an almost 1:1 thc:cbd strain, a thc only strain, and a cbd only strain - I can make anything.

I do have an answer to that... For example the Industrial Plant auto CBD with 13% CBD and 5% THC crossed with a high THC strain for example white widow, Aurora Indica, Ayahuasca Purple. All strains with more than 20%THC

Hi All,

I used your white widow (Crop King Seeds: Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy White Widow Feminized Seeds ) which has 24% THC and 1% CBD. Mixing the white widow equally with your Industrial Plant Auto (5% THC and 13% CBD) results in 14.5% THC and 7% CBD.

Mixing 1g of White Widow with 2g of Industrial Plant will result in 11.33% THC and 9% CBD, just short of the 10 and 10 I cited.

As for crossing strains I don't know what is dominant, and therefore, what the new strain characteristics will be.

I'd like to learn someday.

Back
Top Bottom