Sue (and others),

Decided to do an inventory of the trim and sugar leaves I've been collecting. I have approx. 100 g each of an Indica mix (Blueberry, Northern Lights and White Widow, and 100 g of Sativa (Blue Dream, Krystalica and Super Silver Haze). I also have 14g of Indica AVB. Gearing up to cook!

The Indica strains tested out averaging over 20% total Cannabinoids. Ditto for the BD. The Krystalica and SSH weren't tested.

I've made infused oils, CCO, caps of decarbed bud and caps of AVB and can continue to do so but for a couple of issues:

No matter what I ingest, or when I ingest it, it takes upwards of three hours and sometimes longer for it to hit me. This presents a problem when 1) I need relief now (vaping is nearly instant but not always practical), 2) I never know how hard it's going to hit me and 3) I'm always reluctant to take another dose to soon for fear I'll over do it.

What I'm looking for is a way/method to 1) get quicker results (I've tried squirting the contents of my infused oil caps and my bio bombs caps(not together, of course) into the mouth and let then dissolve under the tongue and it still takes upwards of three hours.

I haven't tried "tacking" yet, as I haven't had any "oil" thick enough to do so.

What I would like is a product and a method for maintaining a certain level of effect throughout the day. I suppose I could micro dose all day long, but that's not always practical either.

So, I've looking for suggestions on how others manage their doses throughout the day without having to experience roller coaster rides all day long!

Sue (and others),

Decided to do an inventory of the trim and sugar leaves I've been collecting. I have approx. 100 g each of an Indica mix (Blueberry, Northern Lights and White Widow, and 100 g of Sativa (Blue Dream, Krystalica and Super Silver Haze). I also have 14g of Indica AVB. Gearing up to cook!

The Indica strains tested out averaging over 20% total Cannabinoids. Ditto for the BD. The Krystalica and SSH weren't tested.

I've made infused oils, CCO, caps of decarbed bud and caps of AVB and can continue to do so but for a couple of issues:

No matter what I ingest, or when I ingest it, it takes upwards of three hours and sometimes longer for it to hit me. This presents a problem when 1) I need relief now (vaping is nearly instant but not always practical), 2) I never know how hard it's going to hit me and 3) I'm always reluctant to take another dose to soon for fear I'll over do it.

What I'm looking for is a way/method to 1) get quicker results (I've tried squirting the contents of my infused oil caps and my bio bombs caps(not together, of course) into the mouth and let then dissolve under the tongue and it still takes upwards of three hours.

I haven't tried "tacking" yet, as I haven't had any "oil" thick enough to do so.

What I would like is a product and a method for maintaining a certain level of effect throughout the day. I suppose I could micro dose all day long, but that's not always practical either.

So, I've looking for suggestions on how others manage their doses throughout the day without having to experience roller coaster rides all day long!

Nice inventory Mike. My first thought was that if you know it's going to take that long you schedule the doses to overlap, then you don't have any times when the cannabinoids were used up. It'd take some trial and error, but I maintain my levels by making sure I take my doses on schedule. I have alarms on the phone so I don't miss.

You need to have an awareness of how long the edibles will carry you, but when you have that figured out you take the next dose about three hours before that. I find that edibles on a steady and consistent schedule work much better than vaping or smoking. They're good administration choices for immediate pain relief, but the effects wear off too fast for me.

You're not the first person with chronic pain to share that edibles don't hit fast enough, if at all, and even with BioBombs. I'm not sure what causes this, and I haven't seen it addressed in the classes I've taken to date or any of my research, but then I haven't dug into it that deep. Most of these complaints come from men, suggesting it may be tied to the male genetic makeup, but I'm just guessing there.

It frustrates me though, because I'm driven to find ways to reduce pain, and for those like you this can be a real challenge.

Micro-dosing with capsules may be the way to go, and doesn't come with the concerns of vaping in public.

Hi medmanmike

You folks deal in quantities of raw materials that I'm not familiar with :)

I'm either blessed, or cursed, with a fast metabolism. Caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and cannabis all make their effects known within 30 seconds.

Some things I find helpful: Any dose taken by mouth I let sit for a few seconds then, with an ample supply of saliva, I swish it around in my mouth. I'm trying to coat every skin surface in there because they are all receptors.

There are good tips on here for preparing your system through diet in advance of a dose a meal with some fats in it for example. Also the use of liquid sunflower lecithin helps a lot with quantity of absorption. It must help with speed too in some way.

For stealth I've been using a few methods.

Oil melted in to sugar cubes works. Also tiny gel caps in a medicine container works. Dissolve and swish, let the swallowing look after itself.

I carry a small syringe with me. Takes but a few seconds to squirt some in my mouth or on some food, in a drink, or on a spoon.

Ive has some good results with water based cannabis extractions. A few milligrams in a drink works - Gatorade for example. That or even bottled water doesn't get a second look. Any portable drink container really.

All this by mouth dosing means I end up with cannabis breath lol

Having some breath mints, with a drop or 2 of cannabis infused liquid on each one, provides stealth, handy micro dosing, and solves the breath complication. Or gum.

Something on my to do list is to fill a tiny spray / spritzer bottle with some form of cannabis extract. Add liquid coconut oil, a couple drops of peppermint essential oil, and voila - breath spray, or squirt it on skin and rub it in.

I cant find any in Canada yet but I've got a cannabis infused transdermal patch on my bucket list. Marys in Colorado makes them.

If I come across anything to assist take up speed Ill gladly share it.

Take good care

Sue (and others),

Update for you and others sue.
I've never had a strain like this 1:1 so not sure what I'm looking for but,I'm relaxed,kinda tingling going up and down my body. Feels neat. Head is clear but floating. Not at all what I'm use too but I do like the relaxing feeling. Things that hurt don't,but I'm not in chronic pain or even close. I'll report back with my uncles opinion in a few weeks.

I've never had a strain like this 1:1 so not sure what I'm looking for but,I'm relaxed,kinda tingling going up and down my body. Feels neat. Head is clear but floating. Not at all what I'm use too but I do like the relaxing feeling. Things that hurt don't,but I'm not in chronic pain or even close. I'll report back with my uncles opinion in a few weeks.

That's something I've been pleasantly surprised by with both my 1:1 strains. CBD definitely moderates the psychoactive effects in brain, but that doesn't mean there's no high. It's just a really clear headed full body high, feel good everywhere feeling. Unless I use it like I did the first time I tried to treat cancer. Back then I took 200+ mg of oil orally without supplements. I was still conscious and able to function but man my head spun, and not at all pleasant, in fact very unpleasant. So glad I learned how to do this right.
:Namaste:

Hi sweetsue,
Sorry to bother you again, but do you know if anyone on this forum can message me even if I have below 50 posts? Or do I have to have 50 posts?

Well hello there Canadiangirl. How's it going? We can PM you, but you can't PM anyone back until you have 50 posts. Wander the neighborhood and engage yourself in conversation and observation. Before you know it you'll have passed the mark.

Is there anything I can help you with?

Good to hear New B. What concentration did you make? I also found the balanced ratios pleasant as an inhaled, and definately more euphoric than I expected. It is a very pleasant buzz.

I used 346g fresh to 500ml olive oil. Was going for a touch less then you as its for my uncle and he's a total non user.

For a new consumer you might want to split it into half doses or use size 0 capsules. The smaller you can get the initial doses the better. You always want to start sub-therapeutically and come up slowly. Have you read the section on new patients in the Dosing and Delivery thread? It's recommended you carefully ease an inexperienced ECS into handling so many additions to the system.

Hi Sweet Sue, Kingston Rabbi, CajunCelt and everyone.

I'm back to ask more questions this year as my crop dries after harvesting.

My good friend D has been growing for me at his farm (we are currently selling our house and I thought it would be tempting fate too much to have plants in the backyard with prospective buyers snooping around) and we've had a very cold and bitter autumn here in Oz.

Consequently we waited too long to harvest this years crop and got varying degrees of mold and bud rot on ALL the plants. The bud rot has been cut out but D says the mold is spreading in his drying room. He doesn't have any experience growing so he's done his best, but it's a fair trip to his farm so I don't get out there enough.

I believe that decarboxilysing the oil will kill the mold so we'll get enough of a crop for a new attack on my Stage 4 with mets prostate cancer.

Last year I did all (what I thought were) the right things with dosing etc, but after I did my 60 grams of oil my PSA rose instead of dropped.

My friend D was also on exactly the same protocol using the same oil from the same plants and his PSA stayed stable and did not rise, much to his and his doctor's delight. That was fantastic news! So I believe I need a longer stint this time.

D has been taking a maintenance dose very day of 50mg and his PSA has not moved for 8 months.

I am back on the hormone treatment of a four-monthly injection which is bringing my PSA back to safe levels, under 15. And I'm also taking a 50mg maintenance dose every day too, just to keep the cannabis in my system.

When our crop is ready I'll hopefully go further than 60 grams, having a PSA test every month to see how I'm going.

Other than that I'm fine - no pain or discomfort, and no worries usually.

It'll be another month or more before I can start dosing again, and this time also I'll be doing the BioBomb, having found some Liquid Sunflower Lecithin locally.

So all was going swimmingly until the cold weather hit, but I'm hoping we get enough plants for a serious attack on this disease.

I've been checking in weekly or so, but I don't have enough knowledge to help anyone yet - I'll leave that to the experts, Sweet Sue, Kingston Rabbi, CajunCelt and many others who's names escape me for the moment.

So that's my story at the moment, and I'll keep you all posted as to my new protocol when I'm ready to go.

Huge thanks to all the above mentioned folk, and may everyone be healed by our wonderful plant and our wonderful healers!

Cheers, Nobby.

Nobby, I figured you'd be headed here and I wanted to tell you we have a new thread dedicated to the BioBombs.

BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

I wanted to also tell you that I've been trying out PsyCro's olive oil extraction and I believe his contention about it being as powerful as CCO may have merit. We don't have any testing to verify my theory, but obviously retaining so much of the entourage is beneficial.

The liquid sunflower lecithin reference made me smile real big nobby. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'm glad to hear you're doing well and that you've been checking in. Say hello every now and then buckaroo. :laughtwo: Let's anticipate that this time it's going to be the support your ECS needs and things shift back to balance. :hug:

Thanks SweetSue! :hug:

I've already seen the new BioBomb thread - excellent!

Also I've been Vegan for the last 7 months - I think Cajun suggested that if I was serious about controlling my disease I should look into it.

Every now and then as I watch my kids tuck into some amazing delicacy that's forbidden to me I wince, but I believe I'm doing myself a service by quitting red meat, white meat, poultry, fish, eggs and dairy. I went cold turkey and really, it didn't hurt a bit once my head was in the right place...

Ok, that's all I've got for now.

Sue, you are a champion among champions and we are so indebted to you for your unwavering kindness and patience, not to mention your endless research. I wish you lived next door - I need to give you a real honest-to-goodness hug.

For now though :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww nobby...... that's just so sweet.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:laughtwo: You're using the wrong strains. Lol! Napping...... I don't know this concept. :hmmmm:

Everything I grow seems to put me to sleep. I grow mainly hybrids, with effects for my recreational smokers, but I ingest them, usually without decarbing before cooking or infusing.

Even handling/trimming my ladies puts me to sleep. LOL!

I need brainstormers. I want to make a pain cream, but I want it 60% THC and 40% THCa. How would you suggest I go about getting the THCa values into the oil? I'm wondering if I bring my infused grape seed back to room temp and add undecarbed bud to it I might be able to get the oil to release from the new addition with a couple hours of low heat and agitation. Smash it about with a fork every few minutes in an attempt to get the trichomes open.

What do you guys think?

It's logical. If you had a vacuum sealer for bottles that might also work.

That's on my wish list. :cheesygrinsmiley: Is there ever an end to the wish list? Lol!

Back
Top Bottom