Hi all,

Forgive me for this, but I've been searching and searching for all the lovely messages wherein people were so generous as to offer names of strains that might help me with my various ailments. Unfortunately, I have found precious few of them, due to the active participation of everyone on this thread.

May I ask, one more time, for the names of the strains you all so generously suggested I try to medicate my:
1) back pain
2) anxiety
3) depression

If I could receive those messages again regarding the strains and what they are good for medicating, I will copy them down in my grow journal (the physical one I keep on my desk). I'd like to start my own spreadsheet of which strains I've tried, what the effects were, what the side effects were, how I used it (how I dosed with it), etc etc, with a rating from 1 - 10 for myself. Who knows? It might wind up being the basis of a future book? How much fun would doing THAT research be, eh?

Also, if you offhandedly know where to purchase these seeds from, that would be oh-so-helpful. Don't worry if you don't know offhand, since I'm an old hand at internet research...

I am wanting this because I will be ordering new seeds by Friday (it's now Wednesday), and need a bit of time to research where I can buy them from.

Thank you so very much.

Further to my above posting, I am particularly looking for a powerful pain reliever that won't necessarily put me to sleep. My current Big Bud seeds and growing plants are rumoured to put the user to sleep within 10 minutes! Egads! I need to be able to be cognizant enough to work on my book throughout the day...

Does anyone here know whether or not Propylene Glycol can be used as a solvent? I don't know the properties of solvents, so I don't know how to determine this myself.

The recipe for 420 eJuice maintains that you use Vegetable Glycerine as your solvent for releasing the trichomes from the leaf/bud. I have my own reasons for wanting to use Propylene Glycol instead.

Can anyone answer me this?

Alternatively, does anyone know the properties of a substance that makes it a solvent so I may be able to figure this out myself (always one to take the bull by the horns, I am).

Your generous help would, of course, be greatly appreciated.

Further to my above posting, I am particularly looking for a powerful pain reliever that won't necessarily put me to sleep. My current Big Bud seeds and growing plants are rumoured to put the user to sleep within 10 minutes! Egads! I need to be able to be cognizant enough to work on my book throughout the day...

Keep in mind you have that anxiety disorder to work with. Most of the most potent pain meds that will also keep you alert are going to be higher in excitable terpenes than you're going to likely be able to deal with easily.

For your anxiety issues I'd recommend something with a balanced ratio of CBD:THC. There are any number available, and that part of the market is exploding. I've been very happy with the CBD Critical Mass and the CBD Critical Cure.

Given your anxiety levels, I might look for a strain with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio.

I was sharing with my daughter about your fear of windows and she laughed outright. She can't rent on the first floor for this very reason. As a child she was always uncomfortable on the first floor of our home and her most persistent nightmare about the home she grew up in is her, flattened to the wall, in hopes of escaping detection by the relentless people knocking on the door.

Until she shared this, I had no idea she'd lived with this fear.

Does anyone here know whether or not Propylene Glycol can be used as a solvent? I don't know the properties of solvents, so I don't know how to determine this myself.

The recipe for 420 eJuice maintains that you use Vegetable Glycerine as your solvent for releasing the trichomes from the leaf/bud. I have my own reasons for wanting to use Propylene Glycol instead.

Can anyone answer me this?

Alternatively, does anyone know the properties of a substance that makes it a solvent so I may be able to figure this out myself (always one to take the bull by the horns, I am).

Your generous help would, of course, be greatly appreciated.

I may have found the answer to my own question, but I'll post what I found up here for all to see, in case anyone else would like this info. I found this on the Dow Chemicals site:

In addition, propylene glycol is an excellent solvent for many organic compounds and is completely water-soluble. These properties make PG ideal for a wide array of applications, such as:

Antifreezes, Coolants and Aircraft Deicing Fluids
Chemical Intermediates
Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
Flavors and Fragrances
Food
Etc.

This would seem that I could use it to make eJuice, especially since it indicates that Propylene Glycol is particularly well suited to acting as a solvent for "many organic compounds."

Vegetable Glycerine is very viscous, hard to work with. Keeping it in the freezer would make it a very difficult product to work with, even more so than it naturally is. It is ideal to keep your solvent in the freezer prior and during the extraction process would be a very helpful tool to developing an eJuice for ones self. And having a personal 420 eJuice would be great when you are away from home and need to dose.

Hmmm. Am unable to find Critical Mass nor Critical Cure, and the only outlet for Strawberry Cough sells minimum 12 seeds at $150 USD. I cannot afford that.

What does this 1:1 ratio mean, and how do I find out the ratio when I am researching seeds at seedbanks? They don't seem to give any info about any ratios at these seedbanks that I can find, anyway.

Please?

Hmmm. Am unable to find Critical Mass nor Critical Cure, and the only outlet for Strawberry Cough sells minimum 12 seeds at $150 USD. I cannot afford that.

What does this 1:1 ratio mean, and how do I find out the ratio when I am researching seeds at seedbanks? They don't seem to give any info about any ratios at these seedbanks that I can find, anyway.

Please?

1:1 is the ratio of THC:CBD. Seedbanks usually don't list CBD levels, but if strain is 1:1 they will say so in the description.

GYO (sponsor) has Critical Mass in singles, 3-packs and 5-packs. Also CBD Critical Cure.

Please?

Not sure about sources Magnus, but here's some strains we've had good results with for my wife's Rheumatoid arthritis pain.

AK-47 - good quick pain relief
Blue Dream... pretty good for pain... creeps
Violator Kush - makes her cough, kills the pain.
Blaze - Wife loves it, I'm 50/50 on it..

We are currently enjoying some Blue Dream... if I could grow, that would be my first seeds.

Hope this helps..

A thought:

A strange one, coming from a wordy wench, but it's been brought to my attention that my study hall is a different type of atmosphere from the other medical threads, and the success of all this meandering will depend largely on my ability to consolidate what we learned into something more usable than the mishmash we have here now.

But brainstorming requires a different mindset and a different type of interaction. We've learned some interesting things here just sharing back and forth in a manner that might not have flown anywhere else. That's a freedom of expression I want to continue to encourage.

It worth remembering that the other threads attempt to control data input to the thread subject areas, and rightfully so. I made this room an exception on purpose, and it's still evolving. There aren't many rules at all here.

I'd ask that we try to respect the integrity of the other threads. They've put a lot of time and effort into getting everything nicely separated to make serching easier for incoming patients and caregivers. They'd appreciate it if we helped them keep the fields clean, so to speak.

Here, all bets are off, within reason. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Not sure about sources Magnus, but here's some strains we've had good results with for my wife's Rheumatoid arthritis pain.

We are currently enjoying some Blue Dream... if I could grow, that would be my first seeds.

Hope this helps..

Hey Danolo,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer me. I truly appreciate it.

I'm not too sure about the Blaze, but the others are sufficiently well-known enough that I should be able to find them! Again, thanks for the suggestions. I've heard a lot about the AK-47, but not sure if I'm confusing it with hearing about the gun...

1:1 is the ratio of THC:CBD. Seedbanks usually don't list CBD levels, but if strain is 1:1 they will say so in the description.

GYO (sponsor) has Critical Mass in singles, 3-packs and 5-packs. Also CBD Critical Cure.

Hello my Friend,

I will check into GYO. Is that an acronym for another name I should readily know, but don't? I'll check into it right away and see what I can find. Maybe some of the other sponsors will carry some of the more obscure seeds, too, like Blaze and such.

Thank you, again, for checking into this for me. I truly appreciate it.

Hope this helps..

Chew gave me his highest recommendation to date on the Blue Dream. This sounds like one that should be on my must-have list. When I read this I got goosebumps. Chew said the creep caught him off guard too, but it was one of his best buzzes.

Hmmm...... If I ever get the vouchers for the seeds I won last month this is a must. Thanks Danolo. :hug:

I was sharing with my daughter about your fear of windows and she laughed outright. She can't rent on the first floor for this very reason. As a child she was always uncomfortable on the first floor of our home and her most persistent nightmare about the home she grew up in is her, flattened to the wall, in hopes of escaping detection by the relentless people knocking on the door.

Until she shared this, I had no idea she'd lived with this fear.

Wow! I've never come across anyone else before who exemplified the same levels of anxiety. I know my case is one of the worst cases my doctors have worked with. I feel sorry for your daughter and my heart goes out to her. I know what it is like to live like that. Please pass on a message for me, if you will. "You are not alone. No matter how big and terrifying this old world can sometimes get, there's someone in central Alberta who knows your pain, knows your experience, knows your anxiety -- and lives it on a daily basis too."

She is not alone.

I, too, have flattened against walls. I have hidden in garages. I have crawled under windows. I have even spent weeks at a time living on the roof of my building so that no one would be able to discover my whereabouts. No, she is not alone.

Wow! I've never come across anyone else before who exemplified the same levels of anxiety. I know my case is one of the worst cases my doctors have worked with. I feel sorry for your daughter and my heart goes out to her. I know what it is like to live like that. Please pass on a message for me, if you will. "You are not alone. No matter how big and terrifying this old world can sometimes get, there's someone in central Alberta who knows your pain, knows your experience, knows your anxiety -- and lives it on a daily basis too."

She is not alone.

I, too, have flattened against walls. I have hidden in garages. I have crawled under windows. I have even spent weeks at a time living on the roof of my building so that no one would be able to discover my whereabouts. No, she is not alone.

Thank you for that concern Magnus. Her psychiatrist once shared that in her experience my daughter exhibited one of the most profound cases of anxiety she'd come across in her years of practice. She was impressed that we'd managed to get so far on humor and unconditional love alone. We weren't aware our daughter was so desperate until she attempted suicide in her early 20s. Apparently she was adept at covering it. She says it was because she thought everyone felt like she did.

We homeschooled. Nothing about my life is normal. :laughtwo: Homeschooling spared us the judgemental attitudes that would have sent her over the brink in her teens, but it also deprived us of the objective eyes that would have been trained to pick up the signs of mental illness.

She's a shining example of why you and Sara have so much to be hopeful for. Cajun recommended the CBD Critical Cure. I grew it, harvested and processed it into oil and filled capsules with it. She takes four of them a day. When she hit this dose she discovered that she could wake up in the morning feeling warm and cozy.

Wellbeing is her norm now, not her dream. Cannabis works. Supporting your ECS works. We're not hoping and dreaming here, we're healing.

You're not an exception Magnus. It's just a matter of fine tuning.

:thumb:Sue , This waking positive works-wow I feel great. Felt you needed comic relief at times as we all do. Coffee break over now. Cajun, my thoughts and prayers are always with you, and I dont even know you ! Please allow me one last positive thought, I hope you understand. Topper Harley: My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.thought I hope you understand.

Back
Top Bottom