I worked on my grow calendar this evening. I'm sure we've all done one... You know, mapped out how long our girls stay in veg, how long in flower, how soon we can plant new seeds/clones, etc etc etc and mapped it all onto a calendar to see how many/much we can grow in a certain amount of time.

Well, I'd like to announce that this year alone I'll be able to get in 4 full harvests and 1/2 of another grow by year's end! That's four lovely harvests to try to figure out which strains work for me to settle down my depression, my anxiety, my back pain, etc.

I am freakin' THRILLED!!! I cannot wait to try out all those lovely strains. And that's with doing about 2 or 3 strains per grow, too!

I"m thinking... 8 weeks veg, 8 - 10 weeks flower, all under a scrog to maximize bud production. Wow. Lovely.

SweetSue said to focus on the positives, and this is a definite positive. All that lovely weed to ingest/use as suppositories/eat as edibles/vape/smoke/whatever fancies me/even drop in my eyes (NOT going to try that method of dosing, no way, no how, no sirree...)

On another note, I've been able to write my backstory for my character, Gus, in my novel. Tonight I'm going to work on editing it (needs some) and try to send it off to my editor by tonight's end. I"m hoping she'll return in kind by having the first couple of edited chapters that she's done back to me by Friday so I can have a look as soon as possible. I"m itching for this process to hurry along, but however I try to hurry it, the date for the book to be released is still 14 Nov 17, and I cannot move that ahead. Shouldn't want to, since it has been decided upon thinking of Black Friday and pre-Christmas sales in mind. My publisher really believes my book will have "good" sales and will do "excellently," but what does "good" and "excellently" really mean in terms of money? I have no idea. But gawd knows, I sure could use some. I'd be happy with -- overjoyed, really -- with low six figures, but I know that's dreaming pipe dreams. But I've always been one to dream big. But if other books can make it big, why not mine? It depends so much on competent marketing and whatnot, so I have no idea how competent my publisher's marketing team is. I really have no idea. Wish I had benchmarks to help me understand what to expect, but I really don't. All I know is that most books by new authors flop. Like a fish, dying out of water. Flop flop flop flop flop.

I don't want Finding Max to do that. At all.

Maybe that's another reason to have some euphoria strains in the grows... To help me deal with the big FLOP that's sure to happen, if statistics reign supreme.

On another note, I've decided to go to HempFest this year. It is happening on 11&12 March, in Edmonton. That'll mean driving myself the 2 hours there and back. I'll try to find someplace to stay overnight so I don't have to drive 2 hours in the dark. The dogs'll be okay overnight for one night. I've had to do it before when I've had doctor appointments. They'll be fine. But I cannot wait to go to HempFest to see all there is to see. And my nephew is going to come with me. I'm thrilled. We used to have a great relationship when he was younger, and I'd like to rekindle that. Looking so forward to doing so over 420 and good times and having fun. He just got his medical card, too, btw. And mine is coming, mine is coming. Only one more week until I see the doctor...

Good lord Magnus.
Unplug your keyboard & use your phone to type. Lol.
My ADHD kicked in way before I was through reading.
You're online my friend on busy threads. Most of us have dozens of these & PM's to get through.
Maybe a little less composition & more "to the point"?
I apologise my friend. Not trying to be rude. Just helping out.

Good lord Magnus.
You're online my friend on busy threads. Most of us have dozens of these & PM's to get through.

Then don't read it.

Short. To the point. No need for a phone. Is there a strain to help your ADHD?

BIT OF ADVICE: If you're not trying to be rude, then don't be.

Good lord Magnus.

:laughtwo: He's even wordier than me, isn't he? Lol! Writers.... we're something of an indulgent lot. :battingeyelashes:

Magnus, I'm thrilled you're planning to get to Hempfest. I have a great appreciation for the courage it takes to even make the declaration of intent. :high-five:

Those plans for future harvests are fun to play with, but I never get them to pan out. Life has this way of changing the well-laid plans. Lol! I'm learning the art of rolling with it. I'm having to unlearn a lifetime of erroneous training first.

Magnus, from this moment on, every time you think of your book I want you to feel only successful. Deal? Find the feeling of that particular flavor of joy. You know the one I mean - the one with the money stream attached to it - yeah that one. :battingeyelashes: :love: That's the feeling you'll have when you think of the book. Watch the universe make it so. :slide:

I'm trying to do just that, Sue. The events of the past week have left me rather raw and dejected. You don't yet know me and the positive force that I live by. You'll come to know the better me in time. I'm afraid that the physical pain and the emotional pain has just got my nerves and outlook frayed.

But listen to this. I found a publisher. On my own, without an agent. They want to publish MY book. The one I wrote. The one I laboured over with love in my heart this summer, with nothing to go on but love, hope and belief in myself and what I was doing.

Maybe this isn't the place to write about the book, but it's such a humongous part of my life right now, that it's wrapped up in my healing. And I like to let those interested parties who want to know more about me to give them something huge about me to know. My book is my life right now. And so is my healing. And so is my grow. And so are my dogs, especially my Dobby. But also, so is my pain. And so is my anxiety. And so is my depression. Et al. So I write about it all, because that's who I am. It's what I'm about. It's the life I live. And THAT, my friends, is true homeostasis. Our whole lives. Together.

And thank you, dear friend, for diluting the above. I appreciate it.

I'm trying to do just that, Sue. The events of the past week have left me rather raw and dejected. You don't yet know me and the positive force that I live by. You'll come to know the better me in time. I'm afraid that the physical pain and the emotional pain has just got my nerves and outlook frayed.

But listen to this. I found a publisher. On my own, without an agent. They want to publish MY book. The one I wrote. The one I laboured over with love in my heart this summer, with nothing to go on but love, hope and belief in myself and what I was doing.

Maybe this isn't the place to write about the book, but it's such a humongous part of my life right now, that it's wrapped up in my healing. And I like to let those interested parties who want to know more about me to give them something huge about me to know. My book is my life right now. And so is my healing. And so is my grow. And so are my dogs, especially my Dobby. But also, so is my pain. And so is my anxiety. And so is my depression. Et al. So I write about it all, because that's who I am. It's what I'm about. It's the life I live. And THAT, my friends, is true homeostasis. Our whole lives. Together.

And thank you, dear friend, for diluting the above. I appreciate it.

Awww.... Hey, I'll probably blather on about my own books in the future so much they'll start screaming. :laughtwo: It's hard to think of myself apart from the writing. I mean, have you even seen my post count? :rofl:

I'm thrilled to hear about the publisher. Haha! Well done buckaroo! :high-five: You and I both know it's the journey, the thrill of catching the delicious words before they move on. What comes after is rather inconsequential, eh? Right after you release one there're two more beating their wings against the window, vying for your attention and commitment.

Then don't read it.

Short. To the point. No need for a phone.

BIT OF ADVICE: If you're not trying to be rude, then don't be.

:laughtwo: Play nice boys. :hug: :kisstwo: :hug: :laughtwo:

He'll learn to read over your posts Magnus. Lol! I'm pretty certain he skips over many of mine too. :battingeyelashes: We'll give him some leeway. He's had a wicked couple days himself. :hug: Anyway, I like to encourage expression, and apparently I'm kinda drawn to the ornery ones.

You and I both know it's the journey, the thrill of catching the delicious words before they move on. What comes after is rather inconsequential, eh? Right after you release one there're two more beating their wings against the window, vying for your attention and commitment.

You said it, sister!

Water Proofing
Well the roof bid came in at less than half the cost of the one for the house. That is about a forth less than I dared hope.

I have been checking around the seed banks looking for high CBD/very low THC strains. I am not having a lot of luck. Most of the more known strains are clone only. Though, I would not rule out a trip to Colorado in the spring If I could get a good strain.

I doubt I could even buy live plants as a non resident, even with a medical card. Clone only flowers are starting to show up in Albuquerque so, clones could follow.

Best

Water Proofing
Well the roof bid came in at less than half the cost of the one for the house. That is about a forth less than I dared hope.

I have been checking around the seed banks looking for high CBD/very low THC strains. I am not having a lot of luck. Most of the more known strains are clone only. Though, I would not rule out a trip to Colorado in the spring If I could get a good strain.

I doubt I could even buy live plants as a non resident, even with a medical card. Clone only flowers are starting to show up in Albuquerque so, clones could follow.

Best

Great news on the roofing Canyon. :woohoo:

Cajun mentioned just yesterday on his cancer protocol thread that CBD Crew had some new CBD strains he recommended. I remember one was CBD Girl Scout Cookies. You might want to check them out.

Hi Sue :hug: Hi all :hug:

Canyon :thumb: Sounds good. I was afraid it would be a massive price.
Where have you been looking and where do you want to buy? If I don't forget, I will send you a PM with some ideas.

Magnus :hug: I am happy book is coming and growing is going to make you feel better too, you will see.

cajun :hug: In my heart and sending goood vibes all the way :hug:

Funny thing about evolution is that traits develop for one reason but can pick up other purposes equally beneficial. So anandamide may have evolved originally for physiological reasons, but it also made us feel good and this reward motivated behavior that contributed to our continued evolution and success as a species. Think of it this way. There are many chemicals we could have evolved for vasorelaxation, in fact we have others. But the one that is most prevalent in our system is the one that also gets us high. Not a coincidence in my book.

Oxytocin, the hug drug, is another example. It has physiological role in child birth and lactation, but it also helps bonding, another evolutionary advantage. Otherwise why would males need hugs. Speaking of which it's time for my next dose. :hug:

Never let it be said SweetSue missed out on a hugfest. :laughtwo:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I worked on my grow calendar this evening. I'm sure we've all done one... You know, mapped out how long our girls stay in veg, how long in flower, how soon we can plant new seeds/clones, etc etc etc and mapped it all onto a calendar to see how many/much we can grow in a certain amount of time.

Well, I'd like to announce that this year alone I'll be able to get in 4 full harvests and 1/2 of another grow by year's end! That's four lovely harvests to try to figure out which strains work for me to settle down my depression, my anxiety, my back pain, etc.

I am freakin' THRILLED!!! I cannot wait to try out all those lovely strains. And that's with doing about 2 or 3 strains per grow, too!

I"m thinking... 8 weeks veg, 8 - 10 weeks flower, all under a scrog to maximize bud production. Wow. Lovely.

SweetSue said to focus on the positives, and this is a definite positive. All that lovely weed to ingest/use as suppositories/eat as edibles/vape/smoke/whatever fancies me/even drop in my eyes (NOT going to try that method of dosing, no way, no how, no sirree...)

On another note, I've been able to write my backstory for my character, Gus, in my novel. Tonight I'm going to work on editing it (needs some) and try to send it off to my editor by tonight's end. I"m hoping she'll return in kind by having the first couple of edited chapters that she's done back to me by Friday so I can have a look as soon as possible. I"m itching for this process to hurry along, but however I try to hurry it, the date for the book to be released is still 14 Nov 17, and I cannot move that ahead. Shouldn't want to, since it has been decided upon thinking of Black Friday and pre-Christmas sales in mind. My publisher really believes my book will have "good" sales and will do "excellently," but what does "good" and "excellently" really mean in terms of money? I have no idea. But gawd knows, I sure could use some. I'd be happy with -- overjoyed, really -- with low six figures, but I know that's dreaming pipe dreams. But I've always been one to dream big. But if other books can make it big, why not mine? It depends so much on competent marketing and whatnot, so I have no idea how competent my publisher's marketing team is. I really have no idea. Wish I had benchmarks to help me understand what to expect, but I really don't. All I know is that most books by new authors flop. Like a fish, dying out of water. Flop flop flop flop flop.

I don't want Finding Max to do that. At all.

Maybe that's another reason to have some euphoria strains in the grows... To help me deal with the big FLOP that's sure to happen, if statistics reign supreme.

On another note, I've decided to go to HempFest this year. It is happening on 11&12 March, in Edmonton. That'll mean driving myself the 2 hours there and back. I'll try to find someplace to stay overnight so I don't have to drive 2 hours in the dark. The dogs'll be okay overnight for one night. I've had to do it before when I've had doctor appointments. They'll be fine. But I cannot wait to go to HempFest to see all there is to see. And my nephew is going to come with me. I'm thrilled. We used to have a great relationship when he was younger, and I'd like to rekindle that. Looking so forward to doing so over 420 and good times and having fun. He just got his medical card, too, btw. And mine is coming, mine is coming. Only one more week until I see the doctor...

If I may make a suggestion. I have 8 strains going right now in a perpetual garden. What that means is I have a separate area for veg and one for flower. My flowering plants are staggered about ever 2 weeks. I do not/can not use a scrog net because everything is at different stages. I put blocks (in my case tiles) under my plants to lift them all to the same height. If I am chopping 1 plant every 2 weeks and getting 3-4 oz per plant, well, you do the math. You may find this technique works for you.

Oh. And Congrats on the book deal!!!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

One more time if I may, a most positive thought in a curious way. Pondering the past holiday season I thought about a very old story about 3 wise men who traveled far to reach a child born under a special star. Gifts were given. Gold and spices. Gold I understood but spices-bag weed? No These guys knew what they were doing being wise and all. I am certain these spices were the finest in the world and most likely in the form of concentrated/essential oils to last and provide health to body and mind of this child which he likely had with him for a long long time. Special gifts indeed. walleye

By the way sue, you mentioned earlier that you had supplies to make Cannabis oil? Do you have a store then or something?

Sent from my SM-G920F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Supplies come from every direction rikvasen. Making oil is more cooking than anything else. The more compromised the patient immune response, the more deliberate you are about sterile practice, but it's still cooking with a different purpose.

When I'm making oil I gather equipment and supplies in advance. Equipment depends on whether I'm making an infused oil or a concentrated oil, as well as whether I'm making a large batch or a small batch.

Supplies are also dependant on the type of oil. Infused oils are the easiest to make and only call for decarbed buds, the chosen oil (either olive or coconut) and liquid sunflower lecithin.

Concentrated oils require an ethanol solvent. This is the trickiest part for me. I live in Pennsylvania, a state that decided the citizens can't be trusted to be careful and responsible adults and so they restrict the sale of the more pure ethanol. What I have available has too much water in it to get the best pull from the trichomes. I can order on line, but at a high cost. A very high cost.

To be honest, it's this concern that keeps me from producing more CCO. When I get this part of the process worked out and learn to consistently get a reliable harvest, I'll be making CCO all the time.

You've reminded me that this year I wanted to put together production kits, set up for the different types of oils, so I could more quickly set up. Hmmmm...... I wonder how functional an idea that impulse really is?

If I may make a suggestion. I have 8 strains going right now in a perpetual garden. What that means is I have a separate area for veg and one for flower. My flowering plants are staggered about ever 2 weeks. I do not/can not use a scrog net because everything is at different stages. I put blocks (in my case tiles) under my plants to lift them all to the same height. If I am chopping 1 plant every 2 weeks and getting 3-4 oz per plant, well, you do the math. You may find this technique works for you.

Oh. And Congrats on the book deal!!!!!:circle-of-love::peace:

Hey SuperGroomer,

Your system sounds wonderful, and I think it would work beautifully for me. I had thought that the scrog would be the best way to produce a lot of cannabis over a relatively short period of time, but I think your way would work better.

The wife-bot and I had to spend a bit of time this morning trying to figure out exactly how you had set it up to work, but I think we got it into our little brains. Thank you so much for posting this. I truly appreciate this! I'm very grateful to you, and am definitely going to try to set up your system. Enough of the scrog idea. Your idea rules.

Hope you're having a great day. And thanks, man, for the kind wishes about my book. I truly appreciate that, too.

Perpetual doesn't rule out scrog. I made individual screens for my plants, each about size of 1'x2' seedling tray. Welded wire fencing secured to plant stakes. Each unit slides in or out as needed. I started with 2 small plants per screen. Now I make screens slightly larger for individual 6 gal plants.
I haven't worked out the timing yet, though. I thought I could harvest an ounce every 2 days, but it's been pretty much boom/bust cycle just so the plants can show me who's really in charge. :rofl:.

Hey SuperGroomer,

Your system sounds wonderful, and I think it would work beautifully for me. I had thought that the scrog would be the best way to produce a lot of cannabis over a relatively short period of time, but I think your way would work better.

The wife-bot and I had to spend a bit of time this morning trying to figure out exactly how you had set it up to work, but I think we got it into our little brains. Thank you so much for posting this. I truly appreciate this! I'm very grateful to you, and am definitely going to try to set up your system. Enough of the scrog idea. Your idea rules.

Hope you're having a great day. And thanks, man, for the kind wishes about my book. I truly appreciate that, too.

Obviously with seeds, just start them 2 weeks apart. What I do is take clones of the strains I have either right as they are moving to flower or just after they have started flowering. They go into a Cloneking 25. The rooted clones go into the veg tents in 1 gal pots. This is where the timing gets a little crazy for me. I have a 2x2 veg tent and a 3x3 flower tent. I up size them to 7 gal pots to veg the last 2-4 weeks. 8 strains is a lot for that space. I try to only flower 4 at a time (2 weeks apart) so one is always just starting flowering, one is just finishing and 2 or in the middle. For me, 4 plants give each other enough light without over crowding. How many you can run will depend on your space. In a perfect world I would have my other 3x3 tent setup, but there is no room at the inn at the moment. :)

If you have already started you babies, put one in in 6 weeks (a little shorter veg time then you might want, but if you are running perpetual, it won't matter if the first one is a little small because you will have a bigger one or 2 coming behind it. Flower the next one at 8 weeks, then 10 etc. If you take your clones before flower, the will root a little quicker. If you take them after flower, they take longer to root, but a generally much bigger bushier plants (this technique is called monster cropping)

Feel free to PM me if you need to. :circle-of-love::peace:

Back
Top Bottom