Oh crap! I let oncologist talk me into starting Femara, a hormone inhibitor...ummm, actually I haven't filled the script yet, and may not. I have 8 weeks till I have to see her again, and it would be great to show her some improvement without that drug...KWIM?
I purchased 2 more vials of the above mentioned tincture today........
any guidance would be very much appreciated.

Hello Ali. :hug: In time you'll be flying through the threads and the language won't seem so foreign to you. Until then, don't hesitate to ask any questions you have. We'll do our best to help you find suitable answers.

I know nothing about the hormone inhibitor, but I'd hesitate to summarily discount everything the oncologist would suggest. I'll try to get some research time in on this Femera. Offhand, I can't see how this drug would interfere with a cannabinoid therapy. Maybe someone else has experience that would suggest otherwise.

I'm assuming your true interest is to stop the momentum of your tumor growth, reverse that momentum and reintroduce the concept of homeostasis back to your body? Then you're gonna need more cannabis, and in particular, more THC than that paltry amount you're getting in the tincture. We recommend strains with a minimum THC value of 20%. THC kills cancer cells. We want numbers, and lots of them.

Where are you planning on acquiring such a supply? You'll need enough to make Concentrated Cannabis Oil, and I'd think you're looking at learning to dose with suppositories. The sheer volume of THC you're going to be using demands it, or you'll be completely stoned all day, every day. Suppositories give you numbers without euphoria.

You'll be learning to tack. There are concerns about competitive inhibition we need to review and reinforce, to be certain you have a working understanding of how one increases the bioavailability of cannabis.

It's a lot to take in initially, but please, keep in mind that we've done this before, and you have time to learn the ropes. Almost everyone shows up frantic. It usually takes a couple visits to help you breath easier and then the fun really begins. :slide:

Initially though, I recommend you treat yourself to a read of my latest thread on supporting the ECS without cannabis and give some thought to what you might be doing now that is straining your obviously overworked ECS. Any improvement you can make to diet and lifestyle that will support your ECS will increase the efficiency of the expensive medication that may well save your life.

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

It's important to remember, IMO, that the system is designed to heal you, and the sooner you can find that playful spirit hidden beneath the fear and let it loose again, the better your chances of getting the most out of the journey ahead.

Cancer is a word, not a paragraph or the entire book of your life.

Beautifully written, true music....having said that, it is time to get to work...all the help is here, just voice what you're going thru and how you need help....

Good grief, it's almost rediculous how happy watching this stuff makes me feel. :laughtwo:

This is how anandamide stops pain. So freaking cool it makes me giggle with glee.

Anandamide

See what I mean? That nerve cell settles down and I get chills, every time I watch it. Lol!

Yeah...... something of a nerd about this. :laughtwo:

I've navigated to GYO, now that I figured out it was the name of a seedbank, and Blue Dream is in my cart. I've been able to gather almost all of the strains suggested by you good people (2 - 3 seeds each) and the cart comes to only about $100 CAD, something I can scarce afford, but I'll have to find a way because my medication is so important to me. So I'll grow 2 of each strain next grow round (go round, grow round -- you geddit) and see what works best for my various different ailments. I'm hoping one or two of them work for my anxiety and one or 2 of them for my pain. Several of them were free seeds, and the only choices I had for one of them was an incredibly powerful THC strain, called Cinderella 99. Gettin' high, here we come! Actually, I've had sativas that didn't cause me anxiety before, I just don't know what their names were. They were very nice to use. Put me in a good mood. Something for my depression, actually.

Including the free seeds, my cart now has:
Blue Dream
CBD Critical Cure
AK 47
Strawberry Cough
Kali Mist
Cinderella 99

Some clear sativas. Some clear indicas. And some hybrids. Sounds like a fun grow...I am looking forward to this next grow, eh?

I've navigated to GYO, now that I figured out it was the name of a seedbank, and Blue Dream is in my cart. I've been able to gather almost all of the strains suggested by you good people (2 - 3 seeds each) and the cart comes to only about $100 CAD, something I can scarce afford, but I'll have to find a way because my medication is so important to me. So I'll grow 2 of each strain next grow round (go round, grow round -- you geddit) and see what works best for my various different ailments. I'm hoping one or two of them work for my anxiety and one or 2 of them for my pain. Several of them were free seeds, and the only choices I had for one of them was an incredibly powerful THC strain, called Cinderella 99. Gettin' high, here we come! Actually, I've had sativas that didn't cause me anxiety before, I just don't know what their names were. They were very nice to use. Put me in a good mood. Something for my depression, actually.

Including the free seeds, my cart now has:
Blue Dream
CBD Critical Cure
AK 47
Strawberry Cough
Kali Mist
Cinderella 99

Some clear sativas. Some clear indicas. And some hybrids. Sounds like a fun grow...I am looking forward to this next grow, eh?

Nice list Magnus. Learn to clone and your seed costs cease. You chose well. The Cindy is a popular one in this crew. Both Cajun and supergroomer have grown her, and both have been satisfied, if memory serves. You can anticipate good oil.

Dear Ali,

I know nothing about curing cancer. I came here for different reasons. But the other people on this thread do know a lot about curing cancer. Listen to them. Learn from them. They'll help you with love in their hearts.

My thoughts go with you.

Hi SweetSue :hug: Hi all :hug:

merryali :hug:
magnus good list. You will love all of them. Don't forget you can mix them too into the dose that works for YOU. And one that will work for your wife.

Sue, the post to merryali was absolutely beautiful. We have read so much and we know cannabis helps, and you showed that beautifully.
My friend with breast cancer, doesn't really want treatment. I have told her over and over, come over and I will help you. She doesn't come, and I feel I can't hunt her down, it is up to her.
Also, I believe she might have AIDS too. Just a suspicion, not a fact.
My husband has spoken to hers too, saying come to our house and we will help..still nothing. So, I just wait.

The father of another friend has lung cancer and is doing chemo. I spoke to her about CCO and she is open to it. Also Turmeric is especially good for lung cancer, so I gave her a BIG bag of it. Hoping I will have CCO in time for her to treat her father.

I have been trying to understand the differences between CCO and RSO. This is what I've learned from watching videos on Facebook. Can someone please tell me if I've got it right?

RSO is made by using solvent, often 99% isopropyl alcohol, to remove cannabinoids from bud or trim and reducing it until a thick, honey-like substance is derived after all the alcohol is evaporated. This thick paste-like substance is then swallowed in capsuls or as is.

CCO is made by using 95% alcohol (potable alcohol) and reducing it until an almost hard substance is left after heat reduction. A carrier oil is then added to the pot and the pot scraped and the substance is mixed with the carrier oil by spoon. The remaining liquid has the consistency of the carrier oil and can then be used in capsuls for dosing.

The primary difference, it seems to me, is in the organic nature of the resultant substance that is used for dosing.

Have I got the basics?

If not, then can someone please correct me? I will need to know if I'm going to be making CCO for myself.

I have a very good understanding of how RSO is produced, for there are tons of YouTube videos out there on it. Less so for CCO. In fact, I found no videos for CCO, but a few for "medical cannabis oil" and that is what I am assuming is CCO.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

The wife-bot''s little brother (he's what, 48 yrs old?) has a very serious case of MS. My wife-bot and have decided to speak to him about trying cannabis therapy for it. I'm thrilled at the prospect. Maybe using what I'm learning to help another person I love. I've been in contact with SuperGroomer (what an amazing man, btw) about this, and he's offered to help/guide me in the process of helping my brother-in-bot (hey, that's funny).

I love how education and aid and compassion and love just spiral out of control until another being is touched by the giving heart. That's what I feel about all of you.

Just needed to say it. Thank you, all. Your love and compassion is not lost on me.

....For cancer I would direct doctor to first page of A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer. If that doesn't get him hooked I'm not sure what will.

Merci beaucoup

Hi all! I got lost, LOL........Am not all that familiar with forums, etc...Thanks for answering me Sue. I've been reading your posts, and was reading Cajun's also and Tim's before that. So, so SOOOOOOOOOO much to pack into this noggin of mine....sometimes too much. I get discouraged and take a break from even thinking.
OK, I am in NY (legal) and have a MMJ card, but they really only carry limited product, namely, tinctures, sprays & vapes. (was dx'd bilateral breast C exactly one year ago, but I knew of it for a few months prior to that and got a card to be prepared for what might lie ahead).
I have the link if you could take a quick look at what they have & what I got.
Products - Etain Health
I purchased the "Balance" formula/equalTHC-CBD. 4.5mg T/4.0mg C
This was prescribed for pain, not curing. A dose is 1-5 drops. I'm not interested in being stoned right now, and I can only get a 30 day supply at a time. This vial contains 46 doses @ 5 drops per dose and cost me $200!! (gotta love NY). It's pretty potent and 2 drops gives me a small buzz.
I sure could use some advice. I haven't had any traditional treatment yet...have been kind of wingin' it with essential oils, liposomal Vit. C, vit D & B's, EFT (tapping) reflexology.......I see my oncologist Thursday, and am prepared to turn down the drugs she wants to start me on, but I need to have my plan firmly down so that I'm not burning bridges for nothing. I hope she will go with MY flow and see what happens.
I am open to any & all suggestions. Thanks all.

What type of breast cancer is it?
Is it ER+?
Has your oncologist discussed estrogen & the cancer?

Knowing what type of cancer it is, especially if it's estrogen positive, makes LOTS of difference in your use of CCO.

Also, breast cancer has one of the highest rates of success when CCO is used.
Best wishes...

The wife-bot''s little brother (he's what, 48 yrs old?) has a very serious case of MS. My wife-bot and have decided to speak to him about trying cannabis therapy for it. I'm thrilled at the prospect. Maybe using what I'm learning to help another person I love. I've been in contact with SuperGroomer (what an amazing man, btw) about this, and he's offered to help/guide me in the process of helping my brother-in-bot (hey, that's funny).

I love how education and aid and compassion and love just spiral out of control until another being is touched by the giving heart. That's what I feel about all of you.

Just needed to say it. Thank you, all. Your love and compassion is not lost on me.

If anyone remembers GreenLiv the member that both he & wife had cancer from Denver.

They have both been rediagnosed as "no signs of disease". They are posting stuff to my clinic's wall of survivors & I've asked him to jump on here & celebrate too.

If anyone remembers GreenLiv the member that both he & wife had cancer from Denver.

They have both been rediagnosed as "no signs of disease". They are posting stuff to my clinic's wall of survivors & I've asked him to jump on here & celebrate too.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ohhh mon ami..... You have this morning joy thing down already, albeit, in your own little way. :laughtwo:

This is wonderful news. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

There.... Got that out of my system. Haha!

From frantic to healing. This is the progression we all hope for. Thank you, every loving soul that jumped in to help soothe and guide. You mostly Cajun. That was one of those moments when you shone a bit brighter. Good news to start the day.

Damn! I think I'll throw on some clothes and go walk in the rain in celebration. I'll be back later. That's the second patient to pass through these doors that I heard good news about in the past week. neikodog has been assisting a friend with colon cancer and lung cancer. Labs just returned to show the colon cancer has vanished, and now they're focusing the treatments on the lung cancer, but the patient has determined that his body can indeed heal, and that's made all the difference.

Is there more rewarding work than helping others find relief and begin to express unbounded joy at the thought of beginning another day in play-mode?

I think not. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:laughtwo: I think I'm addicted to the language. Lol! This paragraph made my blood bubble with joy.

"The endocannabinoid system (Figure 1) is an ancient, evolutionarily conserved, and ubiquitous lipid signaling system found in all vertebrates, and which appears to have important regulatory functions throughout the human bodyFootnote 1. The endocannabinoid system has been implicated in a very broad number of physiological as well as pathophysiological processes including neural development, immune function, inflammation, appetite, metabolism and energy homeostasis, cardiovascular function, digestion, bone development and bone density, synaptic plasticity and learning, pain, reproduction, psychiatric disease, psychomotor behaviour, memory, wake/sleep cycles, and the regulation of stress and emotional state"

Thank you Oldbear. Delightful reading. :hug: :love:

"and the regulation of stress and emotional state"

I've been opportunistically free-falling through the Internet lately, learning all I can about anandamide. What I'm uncovering are the tantalizing pieces to the puzzle that explains the profound effect making a deliberate proclamation to engage the universe at play before you bounce out of bed in the morning.

One of these days the pieces are going to rearrange themselves in my brain and the clarity will come through. This is like being on a treasure hunt, guided by intuition. Lol! God, what an interesting journey this became. :slide:

I have been trying to understand the differences between CCO and RSO. This is what I've learned from watching videos on Facebook. Can someone please tell me if I've got it right?

RSO is made by using solvent, often 99% isopropyl alcohol, to remove cannabinoids from bud or trim and reducing it until a thick, honey-like substance is derived after all the alcohol is evaporated. This thick paste-like substance is then swallowed in capsuls or as is.

CCO is made by using 95% alcohol (potable alcohol) and reducing it until an almost hard substance is left after heat reduction. A carrier oil is then added to the pot and the pot scraped and the substance is mixed with the carrier oil by spoon. The remaining liquid has the consistency of the carrier oil and can then be used in capsuls for dosing.

The primary difference, it seems to me, is in the organic nature of the resultant substance that is used for dosing.

Have I got the basics?

If not, then can someone please correct me? I will need to know if I'm going to be making CCO for myself.

I have a very good understanding of how RSO is produced, for there are tons of YouTube videos out there on it. Less so for CCO. In fact, I found no videos for CCO, but a few for "medical cannabis oil" and that is what I am assuming is CCO.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

Tim and his wife put together the excellent tutorial thread on making CCO. It's one of the major threads in our medical section. The first couple pages of that thread will walk you through the process.

Concentrated Cannabis Oil (CCO) and Rick Simpson Oil (RSO) are the same thing. It's the oil, found in the trichomes of the cannabis plant, stripped from those protective shells and concentrated into medicine. The chief difference is in the way this site chose to approach producing that oil. We have serious concerns about using ISO as a solvent. Yes, it's inexpensive, and yes, it will do the job, and in a pinch, with no better option before me, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

But ethanol is a better option, from a patient standpoint. It's more pure, a prime consideration when even minute bits of filth can be problematic to the compromised immune response of a cancer patient fighting to live another year of joy. For someone with a vigorious ECS, it likely wouldn't matter what solvent you used, if you carefully purged. Add serious disease to the equation and that solvent choice becomes of greater importance.

I'd recommend you study the Making CCO thread, at least the first few pages. That thread is staffed by a hearty band of volunteers experienced at producing using this method, so the support you'll recieve will be invaluable. Here in the study hall we've played a lot with infused oils, and we've come across quite a few formulas that are of interest.

Another twist we have at 420 Magazine is our determination, driven by Cajun's passion, to increase bioavailability of the cannabinoids we're delivering. So where both RSO and CCO can be taken straight, we've learned that you can dramatically improve absorbtion, efficiency and entourage effect with the addition of liquid sunflower lecithin and a carrier oil. These things can't simply be forgotten or ignored once you're aware of the increased potential of the medication you're working so hard to nurture to harvest.

Then we add in the wonder of Gigi's Naturally Decarbed Sap oil. Oh my goodness, this one makes me breathless to consider. This is the next big adventure before us. I'm already working on my stash. :laughtwo:

You have many options available before you Magnus. We play a lot here. A curious lot we are. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom