My query for the day:

I've been giving thought to how one blends to produce oils for particular needs. Cajun mentioned recently that it's more beneficial, in his opinion, to gather your strains and create the blend to include the desired ratios.

I can't get this to settle into anything cohesive inside my brain. I'd appreciate hearing how those of you that do this go about it. I'd ask you to be as specific as possible. I'm looking for the thoughts behind the choices as much as the lists of what you used. There's a mindset I haven't fallen into yet, and with my brain and its ability to imagine and project that means I need lots of data input.

This isn't a subject anyone else is talking about, or if they are they're keeping it mighty quiet.

I have mixed Cannatonic with Death Star and found the CBD seemed to wear off before the THC slightly, leaving me with a mild buzz and ringing ears after about 3-4 hours. The Cannatonic CBD mixed did allow me to smoke a whole joint of Death Star though without a major buzz.

Q; My wife sees' onocologist soon after todays mamogram. 7 year survivor now, I gave her alot of CBD back then without knowing what I was doing. Invasive ductile, takes Arimidex/Femara as estrogen blocker. She is quitting pain pills and drinks a bit too much. I am going to help her ECS and she said someone told her vitamin E is bad for her so she avoids it. Plan was to supplement omega 3 1000-2000mg with vitamin E. Is this OK ? I forgot to add, shes' had bariatric bypass and is on high calcium suuplements and can not take pain pills per bariatric doctor.

I have mixed Cannatonic with Death Star and found the CBD seemed to wear off before the THC slightly, leaving me with a mild buzz and ringing ears after about 3-4 hours. The Cannatonic CBD mixed did allow me to smoke a whole joint of Death Star though without a major buzz.

I'd up the ratio next time to see if you could extend the CBD effects. Hmmm..... got me to thinking, are you trying to avoid euphoria, or simply overwhelming euphoria? I suppose the more appropriate question is why are you using cannabis? What are your personal expectations? I don't believe I've ever inquired.

Q; My wife sees' onocologist soon after todays mamogram. 7 year survivor now, I gave her alot of CBD back then without knowing what I was doing. Invasive ductile, takes Arimidex/Femara as estrogen blocker. She is quitting pain pills and drinks a bit too much. I am going to help her ECS and she said someone told her vitamin E is bad for her so she avoids it. Plan was to supplement omega 3 1000-2000mg with vitamin E. Is this OK ? I forgot to add, shes' had bariatric bypass and is on high calcium suuplements and can not take pain pills per bariatric doctor.

I'm curious as to why the caution about Vit E? It turns out to be a pretty big player in the support of the ECS, so this better be a good reason. I'm not certain offhand of what one could do to replace the seemingly irreplaceable. I work from a principle that there are no impossibilities and no absolutes other than death, so I'm open to discussion and suggestion.

I'm unfamiliar with the calcium connection to bariatric bypass. I'd be curious as to the stability of her magnesium levels. I don't even know if they check these things. Will you be adding a probiotic, or at least some fermented foods? :battingeyelashes: Sorry, I fall into medicine woman/mom mode. Lol!

I smoke MJ since 1969 for depression. Ive had manic bi-polar episodes since a child and it helps instantly.No idea what strains back then but likely sativas. I left the maharishi m yogi because he wanted me to quit smoking pot -unacceptable to me. Diane takes probiotics from natural health sciences and calcium due to bariatric bypass causing cal deff- sounds like my plants !!

My query for the day:

I've been giving thought to how one blends to produce oils for particular needs. Cajun mentioned recently that it's more beneficial, in his opinion, to gather your strains and create the blend to include the desired ratios.

I can't get this to settle into anything cohesive inside my brain. I'd appreciate hearing how those of you that do this go about it. I'd ask you to be as specific as possible. I'm looking for the thoughts behind the choices as much as the lists of what you used. There's a mindset I haven't fallen into yet, and with my brain and its ability to imagine and project that means I need lots of data input.

This isn't a subject anyone else is talking about, or if they are they're keeping it mighty quiet.

Sue, it's about the synergistic & entourage affects.
Mixing the buds first & processing as one has proven to be the winner.

I have been checking around the seed banks looking for high CBD/very low THC strains. I am not having a lot of luck. Most of the more known strains are clone only. Though, I would not rule out a trip to Colorado in the spring If I could get a good strain.

Best

AngryBird, thanks for the link. Seed Supreme is the only place I could find Thunderstruck in stock. I have an order in for Thunderstruck, Industrial Plant auto flower, and (Drum role for Sue please.) DDA.

I have wanted to try autos. I have a spare 1000w HPS setup and a 4X4 space on the veggie side I am mostly using for storage. That should push the power bill up even higher.

The HB kit is still not mixed. I have been rather busy for someone who has been retired for 20 years. Then my back started complaining yesterday. Hopefully I can get it mixed today.

I never know
canyon

Just as I suspected. Mixing together first would naturally produce a distinctly different harmony.

Oh gosh, it's starting to make more and more sense. Lol! That sounds like I'm surprised at my ability to learn. What surprises me is the way all this free falling I've been doing is starting to fall into a pattern. One I wasn't even aware of. :laughtwo: The playful stuff is fun.

Of course, my life has turned into stacks of notes and index cards everywhere I turn. Lol! Oops! Supposed to be helping the daughter restore order to the domicile.

Later guys. :ciao:

........ Canyon....... I didn't miss that. :yahoo: :slide: :yahoo:

Diane will get tested in 2 wks, gonna find out who said no vitamin E for her. I will report then. Too many doctors but she is smart and remembers being told. Now some ECS - Sues fault for this, im sorry. About Manic by-polar depression and a bit about me, youngest of 10, 7th son of a great man. My mother was a saint . Christmas eve at 5 years old sitting on my moms lap looking at the christmas tree, " talking, asking where do you hide the presents, did you get every thing, havent forgotten mine have you ? At that she looked surprised and said "oh my gosh, did I ?" I broke out in tears. ""Pumkin " - she comforted me and reassured me my gifts will be there. I told her yes I knew that, I'm crying because of the kids who really arent getting any. Thats bi-polar PS I never take the time to proof read

I smoke MJ since 1969 for depression. Ive had manic bi-polar episodes since a child and it helps instantly.No idea what strains back then but likely sativas. I left the maharishi m yogi because he wanted me to quit smoking pot -unacceptable to me. Diane takes probiotics from natural health sciences and calcium due to bariatric bypass causing cal deff- sounds like my plants !!

It's very much like your plants. If we fed our plants the mindless way we feed our bodies you'd end up with gardens like mine. Avoid that. :laughtwo: I'm rethinking both my gardening plan and my personal food choices.

All that judgement attached to euphoria. Lol! It tickles me the baggage people choose to carry around in the name of spiritual guidance.

Diane will get tested in 2 wks, gonna find out who said no vitamin E for her. I will report then. Too many doctors but she is smart and remembers being told. Now some ECS - Sues fault for this, im sorry. About Manic by-polar depression and a bit about me, youngest of 10, 7th son of a great man. My mother was a saint . Christmas eve at 5 years old sitting on my moms lap looking at the christmas tree, " talking, asking where do you hide the presents, did you get every thing, havent forgotten mine have you ? At that she looked surprised and said "oh my gosh, did I ?" I broke out in tears. ""Pumkin " - she comforted me and reassured me my gifts will be there. I told her yes I knew that, I'm crying because of the kids who really arent getting any. Thats bi-polar PS I never take the time to proof read

Sounds like you're overly sensitive. I spent the greater part of my life coming to grips with feeling more than what was called for. This is a malfunction of the ECS at some subtle level. My BIL lives below me with uncontrolled Bi-Polar disorder and an explosive anger at the universe for making him so flawed.

I'm very gentle with my persuasion with him. He may never hear me, and I have to be willing to give him that freedom.

What type of breast cancer is it?
Is it ER+?
Has your oncologist discussed estrogen & the cancer?

Knowing what type of cancer it is, especially if it's estrogen positive, makes LOTS of difference in your use of CCO.

Also, breast cancer has one of the highest rates of success when CCO is used.
Best wishes...

thanks cajuncelt, yes I am E&P positive Her2 neg. I am familiar with the effects of estrogen in the role of BC. I am also post menopausal.

I too had bariatric surgery, about 3 years ago.. it saved my life.

But, because of reduced stomach and small intestine, I have less digestive system to absorb nutrients. So, I must take supplements.

Here's what I take:

Calcium Magnesium Vitamin D3 333/167mg/200IU 3 per day
Vitamin D3 25MCG/1000IU 3 per day
Vitamin B12 1000mcg 2 per week
Progressive Multivitamins Adult Women 2 per day
Ultimate Prostate 3 per day

So, I dunno what to say when you mention that she is prohibited pain meds... I had a subsequent gall bladder operation and they gave me lotsa pain meds..oxycodone, etc.

I am now in the process of getting blood tests to see where my various levels are... hopefully, with use of cannabis my system will balance better and I'll be able to reduce all the supplements.

I too had bariatric surgery, about 3 years ago.. it saved my life.

But, because of reduced stomach and small intestine, I have less digestive system to absorb nutrients. So, I must take supplements.

Here's what I take:

Calcium Magnesium Vitamin D3 333/167mg/200IU 3 per day
Vitamin D3 25MCG/1000IU 3 per day
Vitamin B12 1000mcg 2 per week
Progressive Multivitamins Adult Women 2 per day
Ultimate Prostate 3 per day

So, I dunno what to say when you mention that she is prohibited pain meds... I had a subsequent gall bladder operation and they gave me lotsa pain meds..oxycodone, etc.

I am now in the process of getting blood tests to see where my various levels are... hopefully, with use of cannabis my system will balance better and I'll be able to reduce all the supplements.

I had to ask her too because she does take plenty of narcos' and such. She meant aspririn and motrin. Her mamo test was good today and we are celebrating. This is from the Bariatric doctor. She is ready to quit pain pills and I just planted majic bullet x gg4. a cbd/thc hybrid. PS Yeah, she had pancreatitus and then gallblader out as soon as 2 wks after I think. Bariatric came later after healing some.

I had to ask her too because she does take plenty of narcos' and such. She meant aspririn and motrin. Her mamo test was good today and we are celebrating. This is from the Bariatric doctor. She is ready to quit pain pills and I just planted majic bullet x gg4. a cbd/thc hybrid. PS Yeah, she had pancreatitus and then gallblader out as soon as 2 wks after I think. Bariatric came later after healing some.

Congrats on the mamo... Yes I understand about aspirin and motrin.. not good for us.

What I'm curious about is how you determine how much of each to add. Is here some loose formula that can be followed? What thoughts go through your head when you're pulling together the strains chosen?

Without testing to check cannabinoid levels, is there any way to come close, at least, to what's needed for those of us winging it in our kitchens?

I thought I posted this earlier, but apparently I didn't, or at least if I did, it wasn't here, where I'd intended. Lol! If anyone spots it somewhere else, please let me know. Every once in a while I forget where I am at the moment. :laughtwo:

I was doing something else and it just morphed into clarity on supporting the ECS from a biological perspective.

You are one, extended fibrous netting, from the outer layer of skin to the core of your bones. It's this interconnected nature of the myofascial net that allows the ECS to respond to disruption in homeostasis with great efficiency. It's self-imposed tension in that netting that leads to the inflammation that allows disease to take a foothold.

Tension blocks, stalls, or confuses the vibration coming through that the ECS is listening for. Release the tension, mix in liberal doses of joy and playful laughter and you assist healing and support homeostasis through the joyful bolstering of the ECS.

I'm still working out the connections between the ECS, the endocrine, limbic, and visceral nervous systems. These connections will explain why that deliberate wake up call is working so well. It's having an effect on the brain's ability to let yesterday go and enter the now. I'm certain it's tied together in this way. Once you can let go of the pain associated with yesterday you can stop longing for the future and find joy in the now.

The bigger picture is that the function of the ECS is to keep you in the now, where all your real power is. That one tears off down a spiritual path I'm exploring elsewhere. :laughtwo:

Whoa! I don't know where this stuff comes from. What a theory. Any thoughts on this one? I was off writing something completely different and this flew right out of me.

Anybody want to play with this idea?

What I'm curious about is how you determine how much of each to add. Is here some loose formula that can be followed? What thoughts go through your head when you're pulling together the strains chosen?

Without testing to check cannabinoid levels, is there any way to come close, at least, to what's needed for those of us winging it in our kitchens?

It would seem to me, that unless we have the ability to test our bud to determine the makeup, we will have a hard time adjusting our oil without just trial and error. There several different types of in-home kits. It may be something I need to look into. :circle-of-love::peace:

I thought I posted this earlier, but apparently I didn't, or at least if I did, it wasn't here, where I'd intended. Lol! If anyone spots it somewhere else, please let me know. Every once in a while I forget where I am at the moment. :laughtwo:

I was doing something else and it just morphed into clarity on supporting the ECS from a biological perspective.

You are one, extended fibrous netting, from the outer layer of skin to the core of your bones. It's this interconnected nature of the myofascial net that allows the ECS to respond to disruption in homeostasis with great efficiency. It's self-imposed tension in that netting that leads to the inflammation that allows disease to take a foothold.

Tension blocks, stalls, or confuses the vibration coming through that the ECS is listening for. Release the tension, mix in liberal doses of joy and playful laughter and you assist healing and support homeostasis through the joyful bolstering of the ECS.

I'm still working out the connections between the ECS, the endocrine, limbic, and visceral nervous systems. These connections will explain why that deliberate wake up call is working so well. It's having an effect on the brain's ability to let yesterday go and enter the now. I'm certain it's tied together in this way. Once you can let go of the pain associated with yesterday you can stop longing for the future and find joy in the now.

The bigger picture is that the function of the ECS is to keep you in the now, where all your real power is. That one tears off down a spiritual path I'm exploring elsewhere. :laughtwo:

Whoa! I don't know where this stuff comes from. What a theory. Any thoughts on this one? I was off writing something completely different and this flew right out of me.

Anybody want to play with this idea?

Not an expert but, our ECS is called something different elsewhere and is ancient knowledge. A concept that thought is all from one source and in the form of hearing. It bubbles up from the source within your thoughts (hearing). Stress clouds that liquid of your mind and causes " loss of hearing" much of that source of all sound, thought . A clear ECS puts you in more direct contact with all source ?

Not an expert but, our ECS is called something different elsewhere and is ancient knowledge. A concept that thought is all from one source and in the form of hearing. It bubbles up from the source within your thoughts (hearing). Stress clouds that liquid of your mind and causes " loss of hearing" much of that source of all sound, thought . A clear ECS puts you in more direct contact with all source ?

Poetically stated. I believe this walleye. We are individual expressions of the same being. As such, we have access to the thoughts of God. The inspiration always flows. We cut off the clear reception with fear, doubt, anger, negative emotion of any sort.

Not everyone can accept this reality. Their non-acceptance doesn't change reality, only limits their personal access to the knowledge of the ages, there for anyone to tap into at will.

But if you take spirituality out of the discussion........ and I keep coming up against the idea of how ludicrous it is to try to dismiss the greater part of who we are as beings. Without spirituality the guide you were born with becomes nothing more than a hall monitor telling you right from wrong. Accept the idea that we are all one, and you have inspiration pour in from every direction.

I believe negative emotion is your warning signal that you're looking at the situation causing the reaction from a flawed perspective. So negative emotion becomes opportunity to A) immediately choose a happier thought and B) step back and re-evaluate your emotional response.

Beyond spirituality is the message that the ECS needs you to stay playful and chill. Then it becomes necessary in my world to offer easy solutions to the challenges faced. Enter deliberate waking, which appears to do some sort of emotional tone reset.

I'm intrigued. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom