Jacob, in further answer to your question about freezing, dispensaries that process with CO2 now have begun a practice of freezing the plant material within four hours of harvest to secure the monoterpenes that are the most volitile.

It's a fascinating world out there. We're only seeing the teeny-tiny tip of the iceberg.

Jacob, in further answer to your question about freezing, dispensaries that process with CO2 now have begun a practice of freezing the plant material within four hours of harvest to secure the monoterpenes that are the most volitile.

It's a fascinating world out there. We're only seeing the teeny-tiny tip of the iceberg.

That's the process for live resin, too. Some kind of signal is sent out that starts necrosis. Basically saying your dead. I dunno exactly I can't remember.
But yeah I did do that. I was also jet spraying them gently with water on the off days.
But it worked then. I got em again now. Boo.
Meh. Just start spraying them good with water again.
I think that was what really done it Sue
:hug:

So well I'm mad as hell right now. Apperently I did something that my girlfriend didn't like, so she just destroyed my Industrial plant CBD... For no real reason.

Ouch! Take a breath, take a walk, whatever it takes to get past the anger and frustration. Come back to it when you can do so from a point of loving.

She obviously doesn't understand the significant healing potential contained in this one plant, but it's just a plant. You have other seeds. She is more important than the plant, is she not? Mother Nature will once again have your back and before you know it a new plant will bring you new joy.

Relationships bring their own flavors of joy. Sometimes that means we have to make an effort. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Ouch! Take a breath, take a walk, whatever it takes to get past the anger and frustration. Come back to it when you can do so from a point of loving.

She obviously doesn't understand the significant healing potential contained in this one plant, but it's just a plant. You have other seeds. She is more important than the plant, is she not? Mother Nature will once again have your back and before you know it a new plant will bring you new joy.

Relationships bring their own flavors of joy. Sometimes that means we have to make an effort. :battingeyelashes: :love:
Thank you Sue. I really appreciate your support. I'm not bothered about the plant in particular but more bothered that the plant was already 3 weeks old and it was meant for someone that really needs it which means it will take 3 weeks longer to get it to the person who needs it. 3 weeks doesn't seem a lot but 3 weeks to that person in particular are 3 painful long weeks. to make that long story short, the person that I'm talking about can't get her weed or her product that she needs, from nowhere or no one and she can't grow it herself so... 3 weeks longer... just have to find a solution to that.

Hey Vickie..

Sorry to hear about your loved one's battle... You are in the right place for help.

Bio Bombs work for us. My wife started on them a few weeks ago and right away, ewithin an day, started getting results... reduced pain, lotsa sleep...

I think in the early days of using Bio Bombs, lotsa sleep is normal. The first few weeks, she's shove a BB and within 15 minutes she'd be asleep. Even today, they seem to have a sedative effect.

One further idea... last week, she was having a particularly rough day with pain and so she took an extra Bio Bomb. That helped right away. I don't think you can overdose... its a natural substance. But, In all cases I consult with Sue and the other experts here.

After a few weeks, after her tolerance was built up and we had moved to strong concentrations, we noticed less effect...we wondered if it has stopped working for us, so we stopped the bio bombs.

Again, within a day we noticed a worsening of her condition. Swelling in her wrists and ankles, weird bumps popping out under her skin and increased pain. We went right back onto using bio bombs and she came back to her previous level.

So, we believe the Bio bombs work.

Now, having said that, we are treating Rheumatoid Arthritis, not cancer. I have my doubts is CCO is gonna produce long term healing for my wife, but there certainly is an improvement in her life. She is 74 years old and the other day I came home from shopping and found her dancing! Unheard of a few weeks ago.

I wish you well on your journey of healing and if I can help, please feel free to ask. Everyone here in this place will help you.

Thank you so much for your response. I will keep the faith and hope to see him "dancing" again soon. :love:

~Vickie

Yea.... That's probably not the route I would take SS. But I'll keep it to myself. .. On the bright side though, I'm following "The Path". So at least I'm trying, to cool my hothead anyway.

Thank you Sue. I really appreciate your support. I'm not bothered about the plant in particular but more bothered that the plant was already 3 weeks old and it was meant for someone that really needs it which means it will take 3 weeks longer to get it to the person who needs it. 3 weeks doesn't seem a lot but 3 weeks to that person in particular are 3 painful long weeks. to make that long story short, the person that I'm talking about can't get her weed or her product that she needs, from nowhere or no one and she can't grow it herself so... 3 weeks longer... just have to find a solution to that.

Trust the universe to work it out rik. In the meantime do what can be done to support her ECS in other ways. There's an opportunity here to make more progress than it may have looked like on the surface.

Hospice doesn't always mean end-of-life Vickie. What it means is close and caring nursing by angelic professionals whose chief concern is your father's comfort. When they pay more attention to comfort than testing and prodding there are occassions when the patient heals and goes home to continue the joyful journey among loved ones. If it is end of life, the angels that work in hospice are the best at helping the family make that transition without the frustration and trauma of just about any other setting.

We're all here temporarily Vickie. Let's focus on what can be done to stay the course and bring him some relief from the pain. The morphine and the cannabis will work together to give him greater pain relief for a longer period of time.

As to how long it can take, this is entirely individual to each patient. Your post suggests he is gaining some benefit from the therapy, but cannabinoids work on a cellular level, and it can take time to get the results we wanted yesterday. Three weeks is a good start, and it's a positive sign that he's tolerating the doses and gaining some pain relief. Much of the pain associated with disease is swelling putting pressure on the surrounding area.

The reduction of much of that swelling is accomplished by the action of CBD and often requires an extended time to become noticably effective. The effects can be so subtle, though consistent, that you might not notice the difference until you discontinue taking the medication and you feel the return of discomfort you'd forgotten about.

Take your small victories and build on them. Celebrate every achievement of relief and do your best to stay positively oriented during what I know is a stress-filled time. Can you offer him vaping for breakthrough pain? I realize this introduces euphoria back into the formula, but if you can locate a strain with a high CBD content you may be able to ease the discomfort a little more. A strain with a 2:1 CBD:THC ratio can sometimes be almost miraculous in relieving pain through vaping, with far less euphoria than you'd get with the opposite ratio.

Thank you for putting things into perspective. In my mind, hospice was what happens after you give up hope (and really isn't an option as I believe it would be difficult to find a place that would ensure our cannabis protocol is being followed). I am sure it is helpful for some people, but for now we are fortunate in that we are able to provide his care with family and also have nurses coming out several times a week to monitor his vitals, etc.

Having to get him to the his appointment yesterday and then having to sit in the waiting room for an hour was very painful for him and extremely difficult to watch, so yesterday was an exceptionally bad day. Saturday, however, was an exceptionally good day so I just need to accept that this is a roller coaster ride and to cherish the "ups". :love:

Thank you again for the positive comments. I will definitely look into the vaping idea for pain. His capsules are high THC, so adding CBD would probably beneficial.

~Vickie

Yea.... That's probably not the route I would take SS. But I'll keep it to myself. .. On the bright side though, I'm following "The Path". So at least I'm trying, to cool my hothead anyway.

:welcome: Jerry. I noticed your footprints over at The Path. Good to have another lab rat step out of the shadows. :hug:

I live in this pink bubble of unconditional loving Jerry. It's the only way I know to play. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Thank you for putting things into perspective. In my mind, hospice was what happens after you give up hope (and really isn't an option as I believe it would be difficult to find a place that would ensure our cannabis protocol is being followed). I am sure it is helpful for some people, but for now we are fortunate in that we are able to provide his care with family and also have nurses coming out several times a week to monitor his vitals, etc.

Having to get him to the his appointment yesterday and then having to sit in the waiting room for an hour was very painful for him and extremely difficult to watch, so yesterday was an exceptionally bad day. Saturday, however, was an exceptionally good day so I just need to accept that this is a roller coaster ride and to cherish the "ups". :love:

Thank you again for the positive comments. I will definitely look into the vaping idea for pain. His capsules are high THC, so adding CBD would probably beneficial.

~Vickie

It's good to know you have a strong support system Vickie. :hug: :love: The sweep of emotions at times of stress can be overwhelming, and it's helpful to have many shoulders to share the chores and lots of loving arms to hold each other when need be.

Sue, still working through the pages of the "Hall", so my apologies if I ask something that's recently been covered.

Just finishing up my first attempt at making Bio Bombs. I used a CCO recipe from Skunk Pharm and incorporated the bio bomb formula posted early in the forum.

As was suggested, I make up a "test" batch using .2 cc of CCO, 3 cc of Coconut oil and .8 cc of liquid lecithin. This made up four 00 caps. I tried one cap yesterday and found it wasn't very intense, but I'd did last a good 5-6 hours.

With the remainder of the oil - 4 cc, I went for the 5:1 ratio thinking I could add additional carrier oil and lecithin once I determined the best ratio for me. So, that means 4 cc of CCO, 16 cc of Coco oil and 4 cc of Lecithin. Does this look right to you?

I did three washes, the first two with Everclear 190 and the last with water (per Skunk Pharms). After winterizing the water wash, I ended up with 9 cc of CCO. Following the recipe, I would use 9 cc of CCO, 64 cc of Coco oil and 9 cc of Lecithin. Then, if I understand you correctly, I would add another 45 cc of carrier (Coco) oil to the batch. I'm in the middle of this as I type and after adding only half of the initial carrier oil, it just seems like it's too much. Can't imagine adding another 45 cc of c oil! That would make approx. 127 1 cc (or ml) caps! And this is for the 5:1 ratio!

It just doesn't feel right so I wanted to run it past you to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Also, is the below the latest recipe? And, the very last paragraph says that lecithin is always at 15 cc. This is different from the recipe as the lecithin is based on quantity. Please elaborate. Thx.!

BioBomb Capsules - Continuing rework

20:1 = 1 cc CCO + 16 cc carrier oil + 4 cc lecithin

1000 mg cannabinoids /21 capsules = 47 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

10:1 = 1 cc CCO + 8 cc carrier oil + 2 cc lecithin

1000 mg /11 capsules = 91 mg cannabinoids per capsule

5:1 = 1 cc CCO + 4 cc carrier oil + 1 cc lecithin

1000 mg/6 capsules = 167 mg cannabinoids per capsule.

A clarification on the capsules: As you move from level to level, the amount of carrier oil that changes is the initial mix, the one you melt the CCO into. The second addition of carrier oil with the lecithin stays consistent at 45 ml. Lecithin is always at 15 ml.

Sue, still working through the pages of the "Hall", so my apologies if I ask something that's recently been covered.

Just finishing up my first attempt at making Bio Bombs. I used a CCO recipe from Skunk Pharm and incorporated the bio bomb formula posted early in the forum.

As was suggested, I make up a "test" batch using .2 cc of CCO, 3 cc of Coconut oil and .8 cc of liquid lecithin. This made up four 00 caps. I tried one cap yesterday and found it wasn't very intense, but I'd did last a good 5-6 hours.

With the remainder of the oil - 4 cc, I went for the 5:1 ratio thinking I could add additional carrier oil and lecithin once I determined the best ratio for me. So, that means 4 cc of CCO, 16 cc of Coco oil and 4 cc of Lecithin. Does this look right to you?

I did three washes, the first two with Everclear 190 and the last with water (per Skunk Pharms). After winterizing the water wash, I ended up with 9 cc of CCO. Following the recipe, I would use 9 cc of CCO, 64 cc of Coco oil and 9 cc of Lecithin. Then, if I understand you correctly, I would add another 45 cc of carrier (Coco) oil to the batch. I'm in the middle of this as I type and after adding only half of the initial carrier oil, it just seems like it's too much. Can't imagine adding another 45 cc of c oil! That would make approx. 127 1 cc (or ml) caps! And this is for the 5:1 ratio!

It just doesn't feel right so I wanted to run it past you to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

Also, is the below the latest recipe? And, the very last paragraph says that lecithin is always at 15 cc. This is different from the recipe as the lecithin is based on quantity. Please elaborate. Thx.!

A clarification on the capsules: As you move from level to level, the amount of carrier oil that changes is the initial mix, the one you melt the CCO into. The second addition of carrier oil with the lecithin stays consistent at 45 ml. Lecithin is always at 15 ml.

Mike, we've since refined that recipe. Here's our latest rework.

These are the measurements for each cc of the CCO. The original recipe was Cajun's, and he assured us it was effective. Those of us who tried it thought it was too, so you can't go wrong. We simply took it upon ourselves to make it into a formulation that we felt more comfortable tracking doses with.

You've convinced me it's time to ask Mr. Teddy to drop an edit in the original recipe to link people to this new formulation.

I've asked to mods to make an edit at the original post to reflect the improvements we made to the original formula. I'm also drafting a note that'll be placed at the opening post to alert readers that we brainstorm in this room, so it'd be wise to consult us on the current page before trying any of our posted formulations.

Sound like an idea who's time has come guys?

medmanmike, the original formula we used was adapted from the CannaBudwig method, which utilized the chemical reaction between flaxseed oil and cottage cheese to increase cell oxygenation. I think we're all happier with what we worked out, but I still sometimes use the original formula, and I find the 5:1 a wicked ride, with enough capsules. I have a pretty high tolerance.

Remember, it's not about feeling it. What we're most interested in is getting the cannabinoids into the system so they can avoid almost instant metabolization and do some medical assistance. If your feeling the effects of THC as euphoria that means those molecules got metabolized and won't be helping cancerous cells commit apoptosis or modulating any pain signals. I value euphoria for its own benefits, but we'd prefer most of the molecules get some work done.

Remember, it's not about feeling it. What we're most interested in is getting the cannabinoids into the system so they can avoid almost instant metabolization and do some medical assistance. If your feeling the effects of THC as euphoria that means those molecules got metabolized and won't be helping cancerous cells commit apoptosis or modulating any pain signals. I value euphoria for its own benefits, but we'd prefer most of the molecules get some work done.

Ok, how does one avoid the molecules getting metabolized?

Sue, got it! Thanks.

So, what about the additional 45cc of carrier oil? You didn't mention it...

That was the big change we made Mike. No additional carrier oil is added. We decided that it made more sense from a dosing perspective to have a consistent dose of close to 50 mg per capsule at 20:1. Then we reworked the formulations from there for the 10:1 and 5:1, figuring that was what most would be choosing.

Was this helpful for you? They've been therapeutically effective pretty much across the board, although we've really just started seeing them being used more widespread.

Ok, how does one avoid the molecules getting metabolized?

When working with BioBombs the first approach is to get it absorbed into the lymphatic system first by choosing a long-chained fatty acid like olive oil, which has marvelous disease-fighting capabilities on its own. This way you have a bit more time before the circulatory system moves things back to the liver, where they run the gauntlet of enzymes charged with metabolizing them.

You can also forestall metabolization by incorporating competitive inhibition into the regimine. In this way the enzymes in the liver are fighting sheer numbers, and the expectation is that you're winning that game.

The body is most effective in its work of breaking down these molecules. We play our games of distraction and evasion and anticipate the best outcomes. With the ECS the mind games are likely just as important as the physical interventions.

That was the big change we made Mike. No additional carrier oil is added. We decided that it made more sense from a dosing perspective to have a consistent dose of close to 50 mg per capsule at 20:1. Then we reworked the formulations from there for the 10:1 and 5:1, figuring that was what most would be choosing.

Was this helpful for you? They've been therapeutically effective pretty much across the board, although we've really just started seeing them being used more widespread.

So, I'm still not clear if we add the 45 (or 50) add. carrier oil or if the re-formulations includes it.?

Well, I'm only on my second one (took it at noon - still going strong) so not sure of it's efficacy. I will say, that everything's a'kilter - senses enhanced, slight headache (though I spent 2 hours blowing the remaining leaves out of the yard this afternoon which could account for the headache and muscle tension in the neck/shoulders :)

I'm guessing there's too much THC (or it metabolized to quickly as you pointed out ), hence the high/stoned feelings/sensations.

Back
Top Bottom