So, I'm still not clear if we add the 45 (or 50) add. carrier oil or if the re-formulations includes it.?

Well, I'm only on my second one (took it at noon - still going strong) so not sure of it's efficacy. I will say, that everything's a'kilter - senses enhanced, slight headache (though I spent 2 hours blowing the remaining leaves out of the yard this afternoon which could account for the headache and muscle tension in the neck/shoulders :)

I'm guessing there's too much THC (or it metabolized to quickly as you pointed out ), hence the high/stoned feelings/sensations.

No additional carrier oil needed Mike. The formulations tell you how many capsules to expect and the relative cannabinoid loads.

It sounds like the capsules are working, if you get some kind of relief. The extra activity of leaf blowing may have activated more than a more sedentary morning would have.

Are these for your own use Mike?

Hi mmMike I copied a portion of your post to here:

I ended up with 9 cc of CCO. Following the recipe, I would use 9 cc of CCO, 64 cc of Coco oil and 9 cc of Lecithin. Then, if I understand you correctly, I would add another 45 cc of carrier (Coco) oil to the batch. I'm in the middle of this as I type and after adding only half of the initial carrier oil, it just seems like it's too much. Can't imagine adding another 45 cc of c oil! That would make approx. 127 1 cc (or ml) caps! And this is for the 5:1 ratio!

Im thinking for a 1:5 with 9cc you would use a max of 45 cc of carrier oil/lecithin total for the batch? Maybe my math brain is not working today. I'm not sure where the 64 + 9 comes from?

Hi all,

Is there a "recipe" for making CO to vape? I am going to have my dad try this for pain relief in addition to the suppositories for cancer treatment. Also, the suppositories were made with high THC... what do we use to vaping?

Thanks!

~Vickie

Hi all,

Is there a "recipe" for making CO to vape? I am going to have my dad try this for pain relief in addition to the suppositories for cancer treatment. Also, the suppositories were made with high THC... what do we use to vaping?

Thanks!

~Vickie

You can vape flowers if you have a dry herb vaporizer, or concentrates like wax or shatter with a vape pen. ShiggityFlip has an excellent thread on making a stable e-liquid with concentrates.

Making stable e-liquid from cannabis extract

Family share

Arctic Bowl has asked me to pass on some challenging personal news. They'll be burying their 4-yr old grandchild today and ask our support and understanding as they maneuver the emotional minefields that lie ahead.

Let's hold these beloved members in our hearts, knowing they'll come through this and make their way back to our loving arms. :circle-of-love:

First my heart goes out to Artic Bowl and his family.
So I was watching a show on viceland they vacuum sealed bag to decarb it in boiling water. That got me thinking about using my vacuum sealers bottle attachment or marinating container to cold infuse liquids!?
Anyone tried this process? Works really good to marinate food why not cannabis into other liquids.

Arctic Bowl,
What sad sad news. Hearts and loving vibes to your family and you from our home to yours.
Wishing you the best

First my heart goes out to Artic Bowl and his family.
So I was watching a show on viceland they vacuum sealed bag to decarb it in boiling water. That got me thinking about using my vacuum sealers bottle attachment or marinating container to cold infuse liquids!?
Anyone tried this process? Works really good to marinate food why not cannabis into other liquids.

I'm glad you brought the conversation over here. I tend to bleed all over the place and others are trying hard to keep things somewhat organized. :blushsmile: Technically, we're talking about an infused oil extraction, not a concentrated oil like CCO. In the study hall we're brainstorming about oil, in its many manifestations.

I'm fascinated by your idea, and encourage you to experiment. Will you be adding lecithin to the oil?

If this works they way I'm doing it,I will do a batch with all the proper ingredients. Also going to try cooking everything in the vacuum bags and water to see how that works. Will report after Easter.

Sue I'm down for that spliff tutorial lol. If anyone is interested.

420-magazine-mobile1004445825.jpg

Can do inside out rolled ones with only one layer of paper all around.

420-magazine-mobile592047191.jpg

Excess paper was burnt off. Prefer hemp paper in first pic I'm using now. Homegrown watermelon juice in background.

Cheers

Spooks

I'm glad you brought the conversation over here. I tend to bleed all over the place and others are trying hard to keep things somewhat organized. :blushsmile: Technically, we're talking about an infused oil extraction, not a concentrated oil like CCO. In the study hall we're brainstorming about oil, in its many manifestations.

I'm fascinated by your idea, and encourage you to experiment. Will you be adding lecithin to the oil?

I have an old vacuum chamber. Now I am wondering how long it would take to equal hot oil infusion.

I have a branch that did not do well that I did not bother trimming because it was mostly air buds. I could come up with at least half of an ounce with that and some good buds added into the mix.

If you will bring the Kool-Aid and help set it up, I am game. Any idea how to test it.

I have coconut, grape seed and olive oils.

I never know.

I have an old vacuum chamber. Now I am wondering how long it would take to equal hot oil infusion.

I have a branch that did not do well that I did not bother trimming because it was mostly air buds. I could come up with at least half of an ounce with that and some good buds added into the mix.

If you will bring the Kool-Aid and help set it up, I am game. Any idea how to test it.

I have coconut, grape seed and olive oils.

I never know.

Carrier oil choice would be determined by what you needed the oil for Canyon. If you want the euphoria I always go with coconut. It's also the tastiest. If I'm more concerned with getting the most medicinal value I go with olive. For topicals many choose grape.. I have psoriasis, so I go with coconut for topicals.

What flavor of koolaid do you prefer my friend? :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

So, I was just busy with grinding my cannabis for my RSO:
420-magazine-mobile1199335821.jpg

And maybe you already see it but I found some seeds in there which means that my plant has been vertile the whole time wothout me knowing it and I'm pretty happy eith that!

420-magazine-mobile2125552066.jpg

Some littlw green seeds but I found brownish ones too so now this is interesting

So, I was just busy with grinding my cannabis for my RSO:
420-magazine-mobile1199335821.jpg

And maybe you already see it but I found some seeds in there which means that my plant has been vertile the whole time wothout me knowing it and I'm pretty happy eith that!

420-magazine-mobile2125552066.jpg

Some littlw green seeds but I found brownish ones too so now this is interesting

Ooo..... Mystery seeds can be such great fun.

Careful about how small you grind the plant material rik. When you grind it too fine before making CCO it can be nearly impossible to get all the fine particulate matter out of the oil. If you're using it for capsules it won't matter, but if it's being ingested in other ways it can become a concern. Not one we really concern ourselves with much, since we're not professionals, being held to the standards one would expect when selling food-grade medications.

It just makes a prettier oil without the particulate matter. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When are you planning to begin the oil-making process?

Ooo..... Mystery seeds can be such great fun.

Careful about how small you grind the plant material rik. When you grind it too fine before making CCO it can be nearly impossible to get all the fine particulate matter out of the oil. If you're using it for capsules it won't matter, but if it's being ingested in other ways it can become a concern. Not one we really concern ourselves with much, since we're not professionals, being held to the standards one would expect when selling food-grade medications.

It just makes a prettier oil without the particulate matter. :cheesygrinsmiley:

When are you planning to begin the oil-making process?
For RSO it's better if you grind ir almost into a powder because I will put the grinded cannabis into a panty sock which works amazing according to a pretty professional Dutch oil maker named Wernard Bruining. So I should be fine! And I think it will be next week. Then I'll start making oil!

i grind mine in a blender with the alcohol just keep adding the bud , didnt know what i was doing but it turned out great for my capsules
lol :hmmmm:

It's a testimony to the healing power of cannabis. You don't have to follow a prescribed formula or process and get it "just right" for the herb to heal you. Cannabis allows us lots of wiggle room. It's why we don't disparage anyone's process. None of us has the formula for the holy grail of cannabis dosing. Such a formulation doesn't exist. Diversity rules in the canna kingdom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom