Symbiotic Genetics & Others 2023 Summer Grow!

Valleygrown

Hello all, long time fan of the site here. Getting ready to start my summer grow indoors then move outside when the time is right! I plan on growing 6 plants, some in the ground and some in 50 gallons bags. I don't have as much room as I use too so some will have to be in the grow bags.

Strains: both are by symbiotic genetics.

1) Rollina - Wi-Fi mints x mimosa v6

2) Tahoe brunch - white Tahoe cookies x mimosa v6

3) I'm also looking for a good CBD strain to add for this grow, suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'd like to snag some from one of the site sponsors if possible. My wife deals with a lot of back pain and inflammation. She does not like thc so something that is very low thc and high cbd would be preferred. She's never been much of a smoker so it would likely be made into edibles. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I've always just tried to grow the most potent strains I can get my hands on so I don't know where to start.

Plants will be soaked this week and starting in my 4x4 grow tent in FFOF soil using mostly biobizz nutrients. (This might change due to local availability). I usually soak my beans for about 24 hours in water then straight into rapid rooters in a humidity dome until they can be transferred into soil.

Once the days are long enough (beginning of may) I will move them outside and they should have a good head start on the grow season.

Stopping by the hydro store on the way home from work to grab the last of the necessities and will post pics of everything a little later tonight!

Thanks again for stopping by my journal. I look forward to getting to know you and learning as much as I can in the process. I love growing this amazing plant and am glad there is a site for us to gather and share information. Thanks again!

Hey Valleygrown and :welcome: to 420mag!

I'm also looking for a good CBD strain to add for this grow, suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'd like to snag some from one of the site sponsors if possible. My wife deals with a lot of back pain and inflammation. She does not like thc so something that is very low thc and high cbd would be preferred. She's never been much of a smoker so it would likely be made into edibles. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. I've always just tried to grow the most potent strains I can get my hands on so I don't know where to start.
In the old days that would have been a hard thing to find, but now there are a lot more choices. @Weed Seeds Express has a number of high CBD low THC varieties you can find here:

Click on the ones you're interested in and see if the THC is under 1%. The ones they recommend are Alpine Star CBD Feminized and Strawberry CBD Feminized. Skip the autos as they have Ruderalis bred in and that can mess with the CBD ratios.

I have heard good things about Ace Seeds CBD#1as well.

My wife and I use CBD internally every day, so tag me when you're ready to make some oil!
Once the days are long enough (beginning of may) I will move them outside and they should have a good head start on the grow season.
If you're going to move plants from indoors to out in May, you should run them at the same light hours inside that they will be getting when you put them out. For example, where I live May 1st is 13:33 hours of daylight. If I ran inside at 18/6 they would flower when I put them outside.

The first few weeks would be fine at 24/0 but after that give them a lot of light in your May 1st hours.

You can find your daylight hours by putting your location in the search box here:

Hey Valleygrown and :welcome: to 420mag!

In the old days that would have been a hard thing to find, but now there are a lot more choices. @Weed Seeds Express has a number of high CBD low THC varieties you can find here:

Click on the ones you're interested in and see if the THC is under 1%. The ones they recommend are Alpine Star CBD Feminized and Strawberry CBD Feminized. Skip the autos as they have Ruderalis bred in and that can mess with the CBD ratios.

I have heard good things about Ace Seeds CBD#1as well.

My wife and I use CBD internally every day, so tag me when you're ready to make some oil!

If you're going to move plants from indoors to out in May, you should run them at the same light hours inside that they will be getting when you put them out. For example, where I live May 1st is 13:33 hours of daylight. If I ran inside at 18/6 they would flower when I put them outside.

The first few weeks would be fine at 24/0 but after that give them a lot of light in your May 1st hours.

You can find your daylight hours by putting your location in the search box here:
Wow thanks @InTheShed! Great info. I'll check some of those sites for cbd strains and pick the one I think will work the best for her needs.

Thank you for the lighting info too. In the past I've just turned a light on them in the middle of the night to break up their dark period but I'm not sure how that would work with fem seeds. Could that possibly cause them to herm? I like your idea better I'll pick a date in may and replicate those hours so they are use to it. Maybe I'll wait till I get the cbd seeds in to get the whole thing started. So excited!

I just start my outdoor plantings in the front sunroom, mid March and all they get is the natural daylight hours before moving to the garden mid May , last year it rained hard and didn’t get them out till May 29th...

942092F9-E22B-4119-860B-5A2046BC777A.jpeg

Wow thanks @InTheShed! Great info. I'll check some of those sites for cbd strains and pick the one I think will work the best for her needs.

Thank you for the lighting info too. In the past I've just turned a light on them in the middle of the night to break up their dark period but I'm not sure how that would work with fem seeds. Could that possibly cause them to herm? I like your idea better I'll pick a date in may and replicate those hours so they are use to it. Maybe I'll wait till I get the cbd seeds in to get the whole thing started. So excited!
Those seeds aren't cheap, so you should develop your cloning game and keep a mother plant around. You can keep them small so they don't take up much room and never have to drop another seed. Free plants from then on!

I just start my outdoor plantings in the front sunroom, mid March and all they get is the natural daylight hours before moving to the garden mid May , last year it rained hard and didn’t get them out till May 29th...

942092F9-E22B-4119-860B-5A2046BC777A.jpeg
Hey jonny5! Nice! My usual plan is to start them early. Take clones and flower the clones in the tent then put the mothers outside(or vise versa). With the sunlight chart intheshed showed me looks like may 8th I'll have 14h of sunlight so that's a good date to shoot for. I don't usually have rain in may but who knows.

So I just ordered 3 of the CBD Express feminized seeds from @Weed Seeds Express. The description seemed to check all the boxes for my wife's medicine. Up to 24% cbd, 1% thc, sativa dominant, can yield a decent amount too.

Effects from their website:
With the immensely high CBD content of 24%, combined with the low THC content of 1%, CBD Express is not known for her energetic effects. Instead, this strain fully relaxes every muscle in your body and leaves the user feeling calm and mellow. You will remain completely clear-headed, however.
She can also be a beneficial aid in eliminating or at least strongly reducing stress, anxiety, and worries. These soothing effects are noticeable within a few minutes and linger for a long time.

Have you ordered from @Weed Seeds Express before @InTheShed? Does it normally take a while to process payment? I paid via Venmo last night and haven't got a payment confirmation From them. The order still says it's waiting for payment. Maybe I'm just being impatient but I'm use to stuff like that being almost instant.

Have you ordered from @Weed Seeds Express before @InTheShed? Does it normally take a while to process payment? I paid via Venmo last night and haven't got a payment confirmation From them. The order still says it's waiting for payment. Maybe I'm just being impatient but I'm use to stuff like that being almost instant.
Not recently. You can always PM them here (envelope at the top, "start a new conversation," type "weed seeds" and it should give you the autocomplete option) and ask them directly!

Don't forget the time zone difference as well.

Not recently. You can always PM them here (envelope at the top, "start a new conversation," type "weed seeds" and it should give you the autocomplete option) and ask them directly!

Don't forget the time zone difference as well.
I'm not at 50 posts so I can only message staff members lol. I'll give it another day and see what happens. Thanks!

Hi Valleygrown,

Thanks for ordering! From what I know, it might take some time to process payments with Venmo, but you can always contact our customer support as they would be able to answer (all) your question(s) directly. You can reach our support team via support@weedseedsexpress.com.

Hi Valleygrown,

Thanks for ordering! From what I know, it might take some time to process payments with Venmo, but you can always contact our customer support as they would be able to answer (all) your question(s) directly. You can reach our support team via support@weedseedsexpress.com.
Thanks @Weed Seeds Express, I received an email last night payment has processed and they are preparing to ship my order. Estimated delivery is March 2. I appreciate you responding to my thread and look forward to journaling about the seeds I bought from you!

Since my cbd seeds are about a week or so out I've updated my plans a bit.

Since I plan to move plants outside around May 8th I will start my seeds March 8th. That will give them a good 8 week head start inside. That should give me time to get some clones off them as well.

I'm also really excited as I plan to make my first pvc hoop house to grow in! I've always wanted one so I can possibly get another couple harvests in per year (smaller obviously). I'm also extending my growing area by removing some of the pavers I put in the last summer. My grow area/pvc hoop house should be around 12'x16' when I'm finished. I think for educational purposes I will put 3 in the ground and 3 in 50 gallon grow bags 1 of each kind. I mainly want to compare the difference in plant size/yield and see what would work better for my purposes in growing.

I bought some pvc yesterday and once I clear the garden beds of the weeds thats been accumulating thus far I will begin my construction (hopefully this weekend!) I'm sure a few more trips to Home Depot will be in my future but I'm really excited about this. I will keep you updated on everything that is going on and by the following week I should be dropping some seeds and getting this grow going! Thanks all

Hey V G ,, good to see you aboard the good ship 420 , I also do my growing in the great outdoors.. last year we purchased an outsunny greenhouse. $300 .in hopes of extending the season.. I used some good sturdy skids/ pallets and built a 20” base to put it on to achieve better height ( I like to grow em big) don’t know if you have ever grown in one before, it was my first time and there are definitely some factors that you will need to address, controlling the RH is the big one especially later in the season, so do some research .. I intend on replacing the existing cover with a clear cover ,

10EF1D13-7CCA-4416-A37D-248511C6ED52.jpeg

77B397F4-885B-47BC-AF62-C13B3DEB6445.jpeg

9266215F-FCEC-4CBD-B207-7DB915335C0C.jpeg

ECE32E25-2D2E-4F03-B238-B134ACBE945C.jpeg

F2BA21FE-B20D-436E-B9D6-F5EEBFE8352F.jpeg

16A53454-4DA3-4629-B577-1EEC1190042E.jpeg

Hey V G ,, good to see you aboard the good ship 420 , I also do my growing in the great outdoors.. last year we purchased an outsunny greenhouse. $300 .in hopes of extending the season.. I used some good sturdy skids/ pallets and built a 20” base to put it on to achieve better height ( I like to grow em big) don’t know if you have ever grown in one before, it was my first time and there are definitely some factors that you will need to address, controlling the RH is the big one especially later in the season, so do some research .. I intend on replacing the existing cover with a clear cover ,

10EF1D13-7CCA-4416-A37D-248511C6ED52.jpeg

77B397F4-885B-47BC-AF62-C13B3DEB6445.jpeg

9266215F-FCEC-4CBD-B207-7DB915335C0C.jpeg

ECE32E25-2D2E-4F03-B238-B134ACBE945C.jpeg

F2BA21FE-B20D-436E-B9D6-F5EEBFE8352F.jpeg

16A53454-4DA3-4629-B577-1EEC1190042E.jpeg
Hey Jonny, glad you stopped by! I also like to grow big plants! Always nice to see a fellow sun grower as well! I'll have to check out your journal from last season and see what I can learn from it. Lookin forward to the grow season. About to start things a little earlier this year and see if that makes a difference. I'm sure I'll have some questions for ya in the coming weeks

Back
Top Bottom