GratefulBud's Summer 2023 Outside Grow

I'm thinking it might get rid of the "weedy" taste that's always there with my current method...Strawberry- Banana jello almost hides the weed taste, but not quite...🤏
I make gummies using lime jello. If I grind the buds it tastes weedy. If I don't grind and just gently break up the buds, it seems like potency is same and it tastes better. Kief will definitely taste better and be much stronger. I'll have to try it!
I have never made it with dry ice but bubble hash is a PITA. I'm gonna go with the dry ice method when the girls finish up in about 7 to 8 weeks.
Highya Rose!
I would definitely recommend it. I was surprised at the yield - everyone says that!

Although I made the mistake of getting a cheapo pollen press on Zon and sure enough after about 20 pressings I'm seeing specks of metal. I've heard that the more expensive stainless steel ones are better. Or Shed's method above using PVC / coins in a c-clamp.

I was looking for a small scoop to move the kief into the press (or onto a bongload) and thought a Slurpee™ spoon straw would work but I did not have one. I had a larger straw for Boba so I cut that at a sharp angle. Works great!

1702859604899.jpeg

I was using about 4-5 scoops per puck.

I make gummies using lime jello. If I grind the buds it tastes weedy. If I don't grind and just gently break up the buds, it seems like potency is same and it tastes better. Kief will definitely taste better and be much stronger. I'll have to try it!

Highya Rose!
I would definitely recommend it. I was surprised at the yield - everyone says that!

Although I made the mistake of getting a cheapo pollen press on Zon and sure enough after about 20 pressings I'm seeing specks of metal. I've heard that the more expensive stainless steel ones are better. Or Shed's method above using PVC / coins in a c-clamp.

I was looking for a small scoop to move the kief into the press (or onto a bongload) and thought a Slurpee™ spoon straw would work but I did not have one. I had a larger straw for Boba so I cut that at a sharp angle. Works great!

1702859604899.jpeg

I was using about 4-5 scoops per puck.
Very ingenious!

I topped a tiny Gorilla OG bongload with a tiny scoop of the blonde kief, and here it is two and a half hours later and I am still very, very high. One bongload.
Great googly moogly!
Still feeling that one hit almost 6 hours later.
I'm a lightweight.
I just did another.

Thanks!

It sure made a mess though. I did not have a mirror large enough so I shook the bag onto our smooth quartz kitchen countertop (don't tell my wife). There was kief everywhere. I'm thinking next time shake the bag into a 5 gallon bucket with a round dish at the bottom catching the kief. Then use a soft brush to collect what remains in the bucket. A rounded-bottom dish that fits snugly in the bucket would be ideal.
Try your dry ice method with a garage bag like I do my winter hash I find it pours out easy when cold

IMG_9155.jpeg
IMG_9156.jpeg

Umm dry ice arrived. I think “20 pieces” meant 20 kilos like 40-45 lbs 😅

Its heavy.

They just delivered at near 10:30pm - the fikters haven’t arrived yet and its late so I’ve put it in our flower now dry room. Its at 53% RH and and 16 degrees celsius with lots of ventilation.the room is about 120sq ft and high ceilings.

That should be safe? First timer with this stuff.

@InTheShed roy reckon OK?

Rest of yah?

Your more experienced advice much appreciated.

They just delivered at near 10:30pm - the fikters haven’t arrived yet and its late so I’ve put it in our flower now dry room. Its at 53% RH and and 16 degrees celsius with lots of ventilation.the room is about 120sq ft and high ceilings.
That should be safe? First timer with this stuff.
I was going to say don't you have a CO2 monitor?
Forgot I actually have a Co2 monitor in there. 1300 is when its set to cut. Its at 1636 seems steady. But I don’t know the decay rate. I’m quite close to going and throwing it in the jungle away from everyone.
That's pretty high, so can't you just leave it outside in the meantime?
(How good would this be in my tents? Cold and Co2! 😅)
LOL true, but very cold (and uncontrollable levels of CO2 obv)!

I was going to say don't you have a CO2 monitor?

That's pretty high, so can't you just leave it outside in the meantime?

LOL true, but very cold (and uncontrollable levels of CO2 obv)!
Outside is 30c and 80%

Means throwing it away but less safe, jungle better than car port.

Its dropped to 14-1500 and stablised.

Moved the Step Daughter to the bedroom downstairs (she’s next door to the flower room and have the Pulse Co2 monitor in our own room. We are the same floor the other end of the house. 22 yards or its just not cricket.

Feel safe now.

So yeah.

Me being me did this

Night,

Nick

Outside is 30c and 80%

Means throwing it away but less safe, jungle better than car port.

Its dropped to 14-1500 and stablised.

Moved the Step Daughter to the bedroom downstairs (she’s next door to the flower room and have the Pulse Co2 monitor in our own room. We are the same floor the other end of the house. 22 yards or its just not cricket.

Feel safe now.

So yeah.

Me being me did this

Night,

Nick
Hey Nick sorry for the delay.

You'll lose more to evaporation the warmer the package is. The more evaporation the more CO2 in the room, so outside may be a good choice for safety. or an outbuilding?
You can keep the package outside and it will stay good for several days if you keep it insulated. Do you have another cooler? Or something to wrap around the insulated package? The more insulation the better. Blankets maybe?

Yes 20# is a lot! Leave it in solid chunks if you can. Breaking it up will speed up evaporation.

So we got it done. Thanks for all the tips guys. We did pretty much like the video, added a resting time I saw in another video and built a little hood/chimney for the shaking out which I got the idea from Joe Brewster!

Came out with:

#73 10g
#120 13.2g
#220 28g

For 51g or nearly 2oz total. I had a finger dab of the 220 and its racy after about 45 minutes!

More deets here, thanks again for all the tips!

Nick

So we got it done. Thanks for all the tips guys. We did pretty much like the video, added a resting time I saw in another video and built a little hood/chimney for the shaking out which I got the idea from Joe Brewster!

Came out with:

#73 10g
#120 13.2g
#220 28g

For 51g or nearly 2oz total. I had a finger dab of the 220 and its racy after about 45 minutes!

More deets here, thanks again for all the tips!

Nick

Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom