Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

The 100-mesh bag I use is a 5 gal nylon beer strainer bag, you can get finer. 100 mesh is about 120 micron
If I had to use dry ice fill your strainer bag, stick it in garbage bag, twist the tops together & tie with wire, lay it on top your dry ice in a cooler for 20 min , add foam insulation around cooler like a chimney about 4 feet high . after 20 min reach in pop top off cooler, grab bag & shake inside chimney for about 5 min
Should stay cold because cold air is heavier then hot

Do you have a specific technique for getting the kief out of the bag? Seems hard to do with a credit card compared to a solid flat surface. So many folds and the corners and such. :hmmmm:
I take the strainer bag out, give the garbage bag a bit of shake so the trichomes collect in the corner & just spill them out in my steamer pan. What's left is super fine dust (i think it's lighter plant material ) guess you could turn it inside out & scrape, but I don't think it's worth my while also I reuse the bag
I dump it out as soon as I remove from the cold, inside the house at room temp 71f.you would need to work quick in 100 f temps. If they warm up might stick to the bag

When I told buzz62 he had no problem First time making Hash!
Try it I'm cheap so don't like to waste but like to keep it simple. it works for me

I take the strainer bag out, give the garbage bag a bit of shake so the trichomes collect in the corner & just spill them out in my steamer pan. What's left is super fine dust (i think it's lighter plant material ) guess you could turn it inside out & scrape, but I don't think it's worth my while also I reuse the bag
I dump it out as soon as I remove from the cold, inside the house at room temp 71f.you would need to work quick in 100 f temps. If they warm up might stick to the bag

When I told buzz62 he had no problem First time making Hash!
Try it I'm cheap so don't like to waste but like to keep it simple. it works for me
Thanks JB! That made me think of another question: most folks watch the kief change color as it comes out to know when to stop. How do you track that if you can't see it?

Thanks JB! That made me think of another question: most folks watch the kief change color as it comes out to know when to stop. How do you track that if you can't see it?
You also want you trim or bud dry or the frozen material will shatter into dust
I do 2 shakes & the second is always less so it's more like QWET

Just waiting for the bags which are marked for out for delivery so next hour or two.

In other news, FedEx called. Customs want to apply 20% tax on the full cost of the light on the European Mars website (20% higher already than the Thai one) and are insisting on charging the 20% on the $60 shipping fee (being received by FedEx Thailand)

Its straight out mental šŸ˜‚

I really need some hash to relax me!

IMG_9195.jpeg

Bags are here.
Microns:

Blue Square 25
Purple 25
Bright Yellow 73
Dark Yellow 120
Red. 160
Blue 220?

& Co is off delivering some pre-rolls to bars and picking up a bucket, she took the blue with her to size it properly and a scraper.

Iā€™m going to make a hood for the glass topped table I have ear marked for this. Gonna fo in the garage/carport. Loads of air, shade and probably only 29-30c (85F)

Starting with Gorilla Glue as we have more of that than anything else. Thinking. 73 and then 120, maybe run some 25?

IMG_9196.jpeg

This is the grinder we use for the prerolls. It has a kief filter I think, an attachment but & Co wonā€™t let me use it. Iā€™m going to get on to that as she needs to make a huge order soon.

So yeah pictures to follow or it never happened!

Some other video this guy says never smoke it with out further transforming it by heat, solvent or hot press (rosin)

Any thoughts on that? Heā€™s worried about contamination from Vo2 getally and the Dry Ice - mine was marked as food safe šŸ¤·šŸ½

Nick & Co Dry Ice Hash

IMG_9202.jpeg

We took 100g of Gorilla Glue, cured about 4 months. It tested to 16.4% THC and 0.7% CBG

IMG_9204.jpeg

Whizzed it in the grinder. Two one second pulses (each of two batches)

IMG_9220.jpeg

This is about half what I bought. A lot of the top layer was near gone. We unwrapped it and chucked it in a 5 gallon food tub. It broke up into rocks.

We shook is vigorously for about a minute. Let in it sit for 2 minutes and then shook it gently for 2 minutes more before starting on the 73 Micron bag

IMG_9209.jpeg

We made a chamber to contain it out of future board and shook it off

IMG_9211.jpeg

Scraped it up

Then we ran 120 Micron and 220 Microns. & co and her mate really tried to recover as much from the bags as possible. Got extra grams from that.

IMG_9216.jpeg
IMG_9217.jpeg
IMG_9218.jpeg

That 27.5 was steady 28g until I took the photo, Iā€™m marking it so!

So a remarkable 51g of product recovered. Not far off two ounces!

IMG_9219.jpeg

You can see the clear colour progression through the micron filters here.

That was fun and easy to do. Next time no need to buy so much dry ice. If its good (and even better sells!) Iā€™d buy way less dry ice - that was $30 and try the 25 micron bag first as well.

Any suggestions on how to first try?! I tried some 220 off the scraper, dabbing it with my finger. Its pretty racy already!

šŸ¤£

Nick & Co

IMG_9215.jpeg

So to the mattresses plants!

IMG_9199.jpeg

Umm so the inline at the top of the duct on the right is round one 90 degree bend and actually in the 8x4 next door.

That inline fell out the duct so the Rh and heat were higher most of the day. I was out.

Theyā€™ve bumped in growth for sure. Also had a morning and evening of third hand Co2. The ones below also gotta top tomorrow and flip Saturday.

They really are that green on the eyes as well. No filter or effects. That light has a really natural colour to it.

Still no plans of flipping soon. 10 days I hope. Might even have the new light by then.

Nick & Co

So because I needed to store the Dry Ice I put it in the flower/drying room which is drying at the moment but it was giving off 1600 PPM Co2 which is pretty good for plants. So ai shifted the two Autos up her temporarily and fired up one of the @Mars Hydro FC6500 on max at 5-6ā€

Theyā€™re on 24 at the moment because I canā€™t be bothered to change the timer. Think Iā€™ll switch to Auto which is 12/12 tomorrow when the Dry Ice is gone.

IMG_9228.jpeg
IMG_9229.jpeg
IMG_9230.jpeg
IMG_9231.jpeg

It not really optimal there now. 17c and 55% but as soon as the gas is gone theyā€™ll get 10 days of perfect until the 19-20 plants downstairs come up here. I can get it cold enough in there to get colours for pretty photos. Theyā€™re in the same litre/quart pots they went in as seedlings. But say 60cm and 40cm. The Panty Punch is stacked already!

IMG_9232.jpeg
IMG_9233.jpeg
IMG_9234.jpeg

Her sisters downstairs really spurted today. Some look too tall already to flip down here! Topping tomorrow and that will be a good time to mark which goes upstairs and which stays. Weā€™ll up pot the weekend I think. Upstairs at least. Nit sure we have enough coco for all - its 456 litres of coco I reckon. Sure we have 400 but yeah! Be good to get them on the irrigation yokes. All hand watered by hose pipe still. Every day. I water everything that needs a 5ml syringe or has a blue button to water. Hosepipes are other peopleā€™s problems!

Nick

Nick & Co Dry Ice Hash

IMG_9202.jpeg

We took 100g of Gorilla Glue, cured about 4 months. It tested to 16.4% THC and 0.7% CBG

IMG_9204.jpeg

Whizzed it in the grinder. Two one second pulses (each of two batches)

IMG_9220.jpeg

This is about half what I bought. A lot of the top layer was near gone. We unwrapped it and chucked it in a 5 gallon food tub. It broke up into rocks.

We shook is vigorously for about a minute. Let in it sit for 2 minutes and then shook it gently for 2 minutes more before starting on the 73 Micron bag

IMG_9209.jpeg

We made a chamber to contain it out of future board and shook it off

IMG_9211.jpeg

Scraped it up

Then we ran 120 Micron and 220 Microns. & co and her mate really tried to recover as much from the bags as possible. Got extra grams from that.

IMG_9216.jpeg
IMG_9217.jpeg
IMG_9218.jpeg

That 27.5 was steady 28g until I took the photo, Iā€™m marking it so!

So a remarkable 51g of product recovered. Not far off two ounces!

IMG_9219.jpeg

You can see the clear colour progression through the micron filters here.

That was fun and easy to do. Next time no need to buy so much dry ice. If its good (and even better sells!) Iā€™d buy way less dry ice - that was $30 and try the 25 micron bag first as well.

Any suggestions on how to first try?! I tried some 220 off the scraper, dabbing it with my finger. Its pretty racy already!

šŸ¤£

Nick & Co

IMG_9215.jpeg
Looks like it turned out AWESOME!
I don't believe there is any residual CO2 in the hash. It dissipates as you shake and scoop into a container. Safe to smoke now. CO2 is what you exhale. I topped a bongload with some 73Āµm golden hash and it toasted me nicely for several hours.

Enjoy!

Looks like it turned out AWESOME!
I don't believe there is any residual CO2 in the hash. It dissipates as you shake and scoop into a container. Safe to smoke now. CO2 is what you exhale. I topped a bongload with some 73Āµm golden hash and it toasted me nicely for several hours.

Enjoy!
Iā€™m toasted buddy! My rigorous testing regime is being documented in my Off Topic thread šŸ˜…

In olden days (the 70s) we used to smoke hash (tiny chunks...all we could afford) in a homemade hash pipe. It was made from the thin cardboard tube that used to come from the dry cleaner with a pair of pants hung over it. We would carve out a notch, cover it with tin foil, poke holes with a needle, and put the hash in there. No one had a real pipe back then, it was homemade ones or joints.

I don't think that hash was made with a pair of 2p coins and a PVC end cap, but who's to say it was so long ago.

These days most folks sprinkle it on bowls of weed or add it to a joint before rolling.
a morning and evening of third hand Co2.
Have you tested to see the drop in concentration from tent 1 to tent 3? Is most of the loss attributable to leaks in the piping?

In olden days (the 70s) we used to smoke hash (tiny chunks...all we could afford) in a homemade hash pipe. It was made from the thin cardboard tube that used to come from the dry cleaner with a pair of pants hung over it. We would carve out a notch, cover it with tin foil, poke holes with a needle, and put the hash in there. No one had a real pipe back then, it was homemade ones or joints.

I don't think that hash was made with a pair of 2p coins and a PVC end cap, but who's to say it was so long ago.

These days most folks sprinkle it on bowls of weed or add it to a joint before rolling.

Have you tested to see the drop in concentration from tent 1 to tent 3? Is most of the loss attributable to leaks in the piping?
Hash was all we really got in the UK. Mostly called Soap Bar. @Roy Growin probably knows what I mean. Dark brown oxidised perhaps outside. Lighter in the middle. Bend it with effort with your fingers.
IMG_9246.jpeg

That Charas would be sold as say ā€œAfghan Blackā€ back in the day. Its more similar to hash I smoked more often.

This is just kief to me now. Iā€™ll see what its like after pressing some.

But we got little flower back then (94-1999 - stopped consuming for 23 years after ā€˜99)

Thai press was Ā£20 an eigth. Special occasions. Hash was Ā£15 and weighed with precision using a 2 pence piece as a counter weight as I mentioned before in another post recently!

Maybe ours will magically break the 36% mark and make the premise of their article true!

First 5 paragraphs though accurately describe 94-99 product and soap bar. It was all Moroccan.

In the early 80's I remember some Blond Lebanese hash going around. Excellent stuff!
Now I know how to make it.

I also remember getting Thai Stick - which was a bunch of tiny buds tied to a stick, and allegedly dipped in opium. That shit got us REALLY high.

Good times!

Iā€™m going to do this tomorrow.

I think I might stumble upon the Afghan Black way.

Iā€™m going to reserve say 2g/4g/8g of rhe 73/120/220 micron mixes.

I can always make more. Its easy as.

But the remaining 36g or whatever gonna blend together:

Iā€™m going to brew some black tea. From leaves. Cheap stuff is fine. Chinese stuff everywhere.

Mix it in bit by bit and roll it with a rolling pin. This changes the direction of gluten type stuff for pastry and stuff.

I think for tying together some disparate articles if I do that then cold press and leave some where dark and cool (Mr Nice/Howard Marks said they buried it) it might get something close to it. Would darken and add binding to the fluffy powder.

1703103304210.png

In the early 80's I remember some Blond Lebanese hash going around. Excellent stuff!
Now I know how to make it.

I also remember getting Thai Stick - which was a bunch of tiny buds tied to a stick, and allegedly dipped in opium. That shit got us REALLY high.

Good times!
Yeah the Thai press we got was always called Thai Sticks. Never was I later learned! 25 years later and living in Thailand šŸ¤£

But the remaining 36g or whatever gonna blend together:
Iā€™m going to brew some black tea. From leaves. Cheap stuff is fine. Chinese stuff everywhere.
Mix it in bit by bit and roll it with a rolling pin. This changes the direction of gluten type stuff for pastry and stuff.
I think for tying together some disparate articles if I do that then cold press and leave some where dark and cool (Mr Nice/Howard Marks said they buried it) it might get something close to it. Would darken and add binding to the fluffy powder.
You're mixing kief into a cup of black tea with a rolling pin?

You're mixing kief into a cup of black tea with a rolling pin?
Not a cup by any means! Far more proletarian to use a mug šŸ˜‚

Its just to bind I think.

Its either adding a little water or black tea and then ā€œmanipulating by stretching and rollingā€ which sounds just like making dough or pastry.

Iā€™ll pull a bunch of links together in a mo

Back
Top Bottom