GratefulBud's Summer 2023 Outside Grow

1702444622008.png

Isn't he putting that down the wrong end? He needs the elves to be putting that nug on top of the fire below and sticking his straggly bearded face right up front and centre of the chimney. Santa don't need no reindeer to fly tonight he gets his smoke on.... he gonna get so high he can fly!

Hey @InTheShed I made some dry ice bucket hash tonight using the method you mentioned here.
I used about 4 oz of trim from all 6 plants mixed. Was able to recover about 5 grams of 73 micron clean blonde hash, 8 grams of 120 micron medium hash, and 15 grams of greenish 220micron.

1702786136107.jpeg

I smoked a bowl of the 220 micron greenish stuff (it smells wonderful!) on the left and I am pleasantly TOASTED!

Question - how do you store your hash?
And should I press all into pucks or leave some loose in a jar?

Hey @InTheShed I made some dry ice bucket hash tonight using the method you mentioned here.
I used about 4 oz of trim from all 6 plants mixed. Was able to recover about 5 grams of 73 micron clean blonde hash, 8 grams of 120 micron medium hash, and 15 grams of greenish 220micron.

1702786136107.jpeg

I smoked a bowl of the 220 micron greenish stuff (it smells wonderful!) on the left and I am pleasantly TOASTED!

Hey thank you for that (and thanks Shed for finding it originally!) Not sure how I missed it before, April was harvest time though so might explain it.

That looks too easy!

I just ordered 20 pieces of dry ice and a set of 5 gallon micron filters (I think as its in Thai and from Google image translate) its a full set of the same bags as used in the video. I have a roisin pre press I'm thinking I can make pucks out of? 8 tons of pressure should do it off the press?

Anyone else feel like the guy in the video looked a bit too comfortable mentioning credit cards and moving piles of powder into heaps and lines? 😂

A lady I met in a dispensary on Friday, really flash place, pictured below agreed with me the current place she works has bad weed, & Co knows her from another shop it was friendly. She started it. Its all Brazilian grown weed and old AF. Anyway she was saying all these Russian guys are coming in and asking for 60% THC weed (all that shop is marked at 30-35% THC) I explained yeah that's not possible but how about roisin or oil but that's a ballache to make.

I've already offered her a side gig managing pre roll sales and dispensary sales, commission only, thinks she's keen. Her second dispensary and she knows good from Brazilian now 😆 I mean not knocking Brazilian weed but I'm guess the 50c-$1 a gram stuff they export with payment due on safe delivery ain't their best.

883ba7d4-f291-4345-be64-ed4c3d269c31.jpeg

On the main drag part of an international hotel chain plot. Brazilian weed in Thailand. Crazy.

But I have the stuff coming to make this dry ice hash so maybe that will tickle their 60% fancy?

Nick

:welldone: on that collection!
My pucks are in the freezer but my loose hash is in a jar in the cabinet so folks can sprinkle it in joints or bowls.
Leave some loose for sure. Easier to do portion control with powder than chunks, for those with delicate constitutions!
8 tons of pressure should do it off the press?
Lol! At 8 tons you're making rosin out of it. :)

I'd like to take a moment before the quotes to mention how lucky I feel that so many folks kept this place hopping in my absence! I'm doing an incredible amount of juggling at the moment and barely sat down for the last three days, so the fact that this place was alive with comments and conversations really makes me realize that this thread is a true community. :thanks: and :Namaste:
❤️

Think we had the exact same G Clamp and hole punch rusting in the garage when I was a kid. It may just be the copper metallic dirty taste of a 2p piece on my tongue I’m experiencing now crating faux memories though! The filthiest coin ever, ever! Big surface area tom collect dirt - we used to weight an eight of an ounce (3.5g) with them. A ‘teenth” 16th weighed a 1p coin. Every ‘90’s UK smoker will tell ya. Little brass mechanical scales when digital ones cost £100 ($200 back then)

I obviously read that post, you quote me about three times! I remember when you were not as frequently visiting too, we harvested round then and think work was still busy. I guess I didn’t really register as thought just selling decent flower would be enough and by next year we’d be mirrrionaires, Rodders 😂

Hey thank you for that (and thanks Shed for finding it originally!) Not sure how I missed it before, April was harvest time though so might explain it.

That looks too easy!
Super easy!
Not sure if I did it the most efficient way but I got some hash out of it.
I used about 2 pounds of dry ice and still had plenty left over when I was done. I'm thinking next time I'll let it sit in the bag longer to really get it cold, and shake the bag longer when doing 73 micron. Or maybe even skip 73 and use 120 - they both look similar - before moving to 220. Freezing the trim beforehand will help as well.

:welldone: on that collection!
My pucks are in the freezer but my loose hash is in a jar in the cabinet so folks can sprinkle it in joints or bowls.
Leave some loose for sure. Easier to do portion control with powder than chunks, for those with delicate constitutions!
Thanks!

It sure made a mess though. I did not have a mirror large enough so I shook the bag onto our smooth quartz kitchen countertop (don't tell my wife). There was kief everywhere. I'm thinking next time shake the bag into a 5 gallon bucket with a round dish at the bottom catching the kief. Then use a soft brush to collect what remains in the bucket. A rounded-bottom dish that fits snugly in the bucket would be ideal.

I have so much spare bud, trim, kief it just looks so easy. Thanks guys - I’ll check back in with results mid week.
I think the dry ice method is much easier than bubble hash made with ice water, although I've never tried the ice water method.

Post an update with results - I'm curious to see how it works for you.

Good luck!

**Safety is no joke with dry ice. It can damage skin quickly and you won't feel pain because it is so cold. Adequate ventilation is crucial as well. If you feel light-headed go outside for a few minutes. Open a window and turn on a fan.

I used to work with dry ice and am very familiar with it. We used to DON'T place a few pieces into a 2 liter soda bottle and tighten the cap. Stand at least 40 feet away and wait for it to explode. It may take a few minutes but it's like a bomb going off. A BIG bomb. Don't do this.

I'm in the process of de-kiefing all my older weed before I dispose of it (I've got waaay too much old weed)
I do it the hard way though, in a little kief sifter, so I can only do about 2g. at a time.
It adds up pretty fast, though..sure makes a nice addition to a bowl of weed...
Once I get enough, I'm going to see if I can make some gummies with kief only..
It may take a few minutes but it's like a bomb going off. A BIG bomb. Don't do this.
I did that on a camping trip about 20 years ago...the park rangers really don't like it, I can tell ya that... :oops:

**Safety is no joke with dry ice. It can damage skin quickly and you won't feel pain because it is so cold. Adequate ventilation is crucial as well. If you feel light-headed go outside for a few minutes. Open a window and turn on a fan.

I used to work with dry ice and am very familiar with it. We used to DON'T place a few pieces into a 2 liter soda bottle and tighten the cap. Stand at least 40 feet away and wait for it to explode. It may take a few minutes but it's like a bomb going off. A BIG bomb. Don't do this.
Post of the day for sure.

I’ve made oil/RSO a couple of times. Too much safety stress for me. Invisible fires and Co2 fire extinguishers.

I mean I pipe Co2 in ducts through my house and I’m mega safety conscious about that.

Same thing with dry ice. Out in the carport/garage loads of ventilation and gloves and goggles for sure.

I’m too pretty for the burns department!

That sounds like it would work great!
I'm thinking it might get rid of the "weedy" taste that's always there with my current method...Strawberry- Banana jello almost hides the weed taste, but not quite...🤏

I think the dry ice method is much easier than bubble hash made with ice water, although I've never tried the ice water method.

Post an update with results - I'm curious to see how it works for you.

Good luck!
I have never made it with dry ice but bubble hash is a PITA. I'm gonna go with the dry ice method when the girls finish up in about 7 to 8 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom