InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Monday harvest update!

Yesterday I took down the Amnesia Lemon Kush on flip day 70. To recap, this was sprouted in early November and vegged for 65 days, so total above ground was 135 days. Delicious Seeds calls this Amnesia Lemon x Indica Kush (60/40 sativa leaning) with THC levels at 21%. Flower is listed at 65-75 days so I'm right in the middle.

Here it was with most of the fan leaves off Sunday morning:

It had one of those double wide buds on a lower node:

It's more in-focus in real life I swear!

Here is the harvest pre-wash:

The bones:

Washed in plain tap water to get the dead aphids and castille soap off:

I trimmed this one alone (again, naturally) and watched the Texas A&M/LSU and Pitt/Miami college football games from back in November.

Here are the four supercropped tops after trimming:

I think it makes a difference in terms of total weight on the branch, but I plan to (try to remember to) weigh the buds off these compared to the tops I didn't supercrop. It won't be close to an accurate comparison but it might be interesting nonetheless. :)

And here they are hanging in the drying box:

That's the last harvest for a while, so stay for the final weights, the clones, the dry-ice hash, the banter, and cool folks who pass through. Thanks for hanging around, and the Summer grow will start sometime in May! :slide:
Nice harvest. Question: I used your dry box idea (I adopted it a while back, thanks, lol) and I made mine with just the top hanging bar. I see you have lines going horizontally in what appears to be three levels. Is this to keep the buds from settling against one another? Thanks! Congrats on the harvest.

Happy Monday everyone! Here's an update for y'all so this journal doesn't fall onto page 4 of my own sub list. :)

Couple of things from this weekend, and the first is that I cut the Amnesia Lemon Kush off the lines on Sunday. It smells terrific but I can't tell you of what (no one in my house can identify weed smells):

They're getting burped twice a day for a week, along with the Le Creme CBG, which is getting burped only at night.

Speaking of the LeC, it was 62% in the bag this weekend so I weighed it (pardon the color...the new breakfast bar lights and the camera don't agree on the actual color temperature):

That's a mere 87 grams / 3.07 ounces which comes in at .67g/day above ground, also known as "very low"! Fluffy and airy flowers will do that, and it's barely better than the autoflower version (.54g/day). If I'm going to use this as meds I will need to flower out a few in a row to get a stockpile for oil.

@Azimuth how did your harvest do compared to your usual plants?

In other news, I did two dry ice hash runs this weekend. Rather than give you a tutorial, I'll post the video I followed:

The only thing I did different was I just went with the 120 screen bag since I didn't care about the different quality grades.

I started with thirteen jars of AK-47 from 2019 and ground it up using my mini Ninja:

And that filled seven jars:

I did two batches:

...and ended up with this:

I also mixed up the last of the 2020 Chocolope and most of the 2022 Doug's Varin:

It spreads pretty far so I spent some time cleaning off the frame of the mirror with a paintbrush:

And here's that blend:

Even the vacuum gets some hash from what spread onto the rug:

Both of the containers of finished hash look like a lot, but there is a lot of plant matter in there and I'll tell you why: normally you shake until you just start to see the color of the hash go from light to green, which means it's no longer just trichomes. If you stop then you leave the plant behind in the bag. But my flowers were old and the color never changed, so I didn't know when to stop!

Anyway, no one in my family has any appreciation for hash vs flower and smoke like chimneys, so at least this makes the jars go away and it's a lot easier to store! I'll be making hash pucks soon (pics when that happens) and those will go in the freezer.

That wraps this post, so thanks for sticking around while I try to catch up on everything I missed. :Namaste:

Quotes:
Good work @InTheShed
Didn't notice if you'd reviewed the vaporizers yet? Apologies if you haven't I'll wait - sounds like your mega busy so in good time
Keep up the good work
Thanks Crumpet and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! The new smoking devices only got a single round of testing, so as soon as I can get the family back together in one room for a second round I'll post everyone's thoughts. Later this week I hope. :)
Nice harvest. Question: I used your dry box idea (I adopted it a while back, thanks, lol) and I made mine with just the top hanging bar. I see you have lines going horizontally in what appears to be three levels. Is this to keep the buds from settling against one another? Thanks! Congrats on the harvest.
Thanks Jon! Yes, the strings are set up in rows so I can hang the entire plant on different rows back to front, usually by stem length. With one bar across the top I could never hang (what ends up as) 10 ounces dry in there.

Ok but what’s going in with your plants? 😆

Epic hours of effort and skillz on display, Shed.

Thanks for the links. Me and a friend are into a derivatives experiment at the moment so that's really helpful.

Thanks for that but most of all,

Congratulations, all that all looks awesome, and I know the hours put in, even as you help out here. Enjoy your bounty mate!

Nick

Ok but what’s going in with your plants?
Nothing left but clones of various sizes and combinations. I'll be doing some clone splitting next weekend so you'll see them soon!
Epic hours of effort and skillz on display, Shed.
Thanks for the links. Me and a friend are into a derivatives experiment at the moment so that's really helpful.
Thanks for that but most of all,
Congratulations, all that all looks awesome, and I know the hours put in, even as you help out here. Enjoy your bounty mate!
Thanks Nick, that video from Nebula Haze is really clear and well done!

And I go through withdrawal when I haven't been here for a while, so the last 7 days have been killing me. :eek:

@Azimuth how did your harvest do compared to your usual plants?
Hard to say given all the variables. It was my best yet  but, It was a seedling and I usually grow from clones, I was messing around with my Jadam inputs, PLUS it was the first grow in my new larger bucket SIPs . Sooooo...., not a great pairs evaluation.

Hard to say given all the variables. It was my best yet  but, It was a seedling and I usually grow from clones, I was messing around with my Jadam inputs, PLUS it was the first grow in my new larger bucket SIPs . Sooooo...., not a great pairs evaluation.
Thanks Azi! After trying this out in oil I may flower one of the clones this summer and see if it likes the heat and long days better.

Nice hash making Shed! No interest in hot water rolling it and making temple balls to cure like Frenchy?
I was just wondering if you were ever gonna give cob making a try? I’m sure a lot of other members would love 💕 to see cob making @InTheShed. lol CL🍀 :cheesygrinsmiley::Namaste:

CL I was following some people years ago that where doing cobs But i lost track of what happened , It was said that the end product stuff could make you trip !! I have smoked Mexican Trip weed before and that it self was crazy
@Hombre del Monte is the only person I know of who does cobs.Btw I never heard of Mex. trip weed but I’d like to try it.CL🍀

Nice hash making Shed! No interest in hot water rolling it and making temple balls to cure like Frenchy?
I am interested in that! I've always wanted to try making temple balls. Maybe after this years outdoor harvest I'll keep all my trim/under buds and try it out. Hash is my favorite thing to smoke

Thanks Otter! Dunno nuthin' 'bout temple balls, but I don't think hash from 2019 needs any more curing. :rolleyes:
I was just wondering if you were ever gonna give cob making a try? I’m sure a lot of other members would love 💕 to see cob making @InTheShed. lol CL🍀
Interesting idea but it's not up my alley. I don't have a vacuum sealer or folks interested in the finer ways of consuming cannabis.
Good job on the DIH I would have taking what was in the Vac. but i have plenty dog hair already LOL baby girl has been shedding for 2 months now sweep every 2-3 days (small dog) all hair 🐶 temple balls sounds interesting
LOL I reckon I could have put the hash and dog hair back into the 120 mesh bag!
@Hombre del Monte is the only person I know of who does cobs.Btw I never heard of Mex. trip weed but I’d like to try it.CL🍀
@Stunger did a whole bunch of posts on his cob-making starting here, not to mention the entire thread Sue started in 2018 and still going strong:

Tangwena is still around as well.
I am interested in that! I've always wanted to try making temple balls. Maybe after this years outdoor harvest I'll keep all my trim/under buds and try it out. Hash is my favorite thing to smoke
Okay now I have to google "temple balls" and make sure safe search is on strict!

Thanks Otter! Dunno nuthin' 'bout temple balls, but I don't think hash from 2019 needs any more curing. :rolleyes:

Interesting idea but it's not up my alley. I don't have a vacuum sealer or folks interested in the finer ways of consuming cannabis.

LOL I reckon I could have put the hash and dog hair back into the 120 mesh bag!

@Stunger did a whole bunch of posts on his cob-making starting here, not to mention the entire thread Sue started in 2018 and still going strong:

Tangwena is still around as well.

Okay now I have to google "temple balls" and make sure safe search is on strict!
You don’t think if they knew what the benefits of cobs were that they would be interested? Btw some of those members were before my time of membership. CL🍀

I'm unclear on the sad face or who "they" are. I was letting you know about Stunger's cobs and put the link to the ongoing cob thread because you sounded interested.
The sad face was because you said no one there was interested and I thought it would be cool to see you do some. CL🍀

When I said "I don't have a vacuum sealer or folks interested in the finer ways of consuming cannabis," I was referring to my family and friends rather than anyone here. Sorry about that!

You will!
Not for a few months though but it’ll be worth it. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom