T-5 distance early on

gaggrouper

I'm doing an Auto ghetto grow with a simple 4 light T5 setup in a bathroom. Nothing fancy basically for fun. My little guy is 1 inch tall right now :)

Here's my issue...I've redirected an AC vent to keep the room at 76 degrees, with direct flow towards the plant. Just outside the direct lighting area the temp is reading 80. If I stick my thermometer on the coco next to the little guy it reads 94. My T-5 lights are 6 inches above the baby plant. This is day 3 of this and she looks great.

My question is once she is taller only the top of the plant is going to witness this intense 94 degree heat, but at the moment the entire plant is getting 94 degree heat. Is this an issue? Should I raise the height a little? You just can't keep a young plant at 76 degrees while stacking the light just above it.

Thanks.

You want to get those temps down to 75 - 80 F. As for distance from the light, place your hand over the top of the plant and feel how warm the light is on the back of your hand. If it's just warm, you have the right distance. If it is hot, raise the light or lower the plant until the hand test comes out warm.

Back
Top Bottom