Tacos' Swiss Cheese LED Grow

Looking good! That plant sure exploded. I think next time your plant would benefit a lot with some LST or topping to even the canopy out a bit. Or even a little defoliation might help the 3w diodes penetrate a little better. I found out the hard way that the 3w diodes with LEDs work best with scrog type grow's because the 3w diodes aren't as strong (less penetration) and can't reach the lower buds. What you end up with is a LOT of popcorn buds that aren't really smokable. I still prefer the 3w diodes to the 5w ones because of the less heat output since I live in a hot area.

Either way, you're rockin' and Rollin' now! Great job! Don't get discouraged by the lack of posts either.

'If you write it, they will come' (Field of Dreams movie reference)

Thanks you guys. Yea I know I was going to top and training her but my girlfriend had our baby a month before her due date. I veged her way to long and she got out of control.

Day 28 in flowering. I did some trimming and training. Next time I grow I'm thinking about using a sterilite 2 shelf cabinet. Using the same light and getting some nutes. Just doing one plant and training and topping and scrog any way here is some pics.
image352.jpeg
image351.jpeg
image350.jpeg
image349.jpeg
image348.jpeg

Quick update. I checked my thicomes today and they are about 10% clear and 90% milky im going to wait 50/50 at least because my other grows I always harvest too early.

Looking good give it some time make sure you don't harvest before the last 2 weeks where it fills out the most

Looking good give it some time make sure you don't harvest before the last 2 weeks where it fills out the most

Chronic is very right, the most bud swelling is in the last 2 or 3 weeks. Iv heard you can even go an extra week on some strains. Looking great man keep up the good work.

That plant is a monster. Well done.

When you say 50/50, you obviously mean 50 amber/50 cloudy right?

You are still a ways from harvest. Those buds are going to get much fatter over the next 4 or 5 weeks.

Update time. All the tericomes are milky I can't find any amber ones yet. I'm thinking I'm going to harvest more around 15% amber now. Getting more and more red hairs though.
image574.jpeg
image573.jpeg
image572.jpeg
image571.jpeg
image570.jpeg

So I checked my thicomes today and they are still milky I only found 2 amber. I'm really hoping to harvest her this week sometime.

The hairs are still all white, be patient my friend it will be worth it. The hairs will start to turn red or orange when she is ripe. 50-80% orange-red hairs is a good sign of when she is ready.

Oh yeah! :cheer:

So, judging from the pistils, you've got a few weeks left. But the pistils is not a good indicator to determine the harvest time anyway. It gives you a rough estimate but nowhere close to as accurate as the tricomes.

I promise if you wait... You won't regret it. They will pack on more weight in the last couple weeks. Is she still drinking a lot of water or has it slowed?

So I ended up harvesting on last Wednesday. I'm going to put her in a jar tomorrow the hairs were 60 red and I had 10% amber. I don't have any pictures but I'm going to be lucky to get 14 grams. Made a lot of mistakes. I let her get way too of control. My next grow is going to be in a sterilite 2 shelf cabinet with the same light. And I'm going to get done nutes. I'll post weight tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom