Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

They look lovely Pyr0. :high-five:

So.....smoking the GG4 all night or the GG4 cobs? If cobs, pray tell, how did you find them at this early stage? I've been smoking my Carnival cob tonight and after another month I can say it's definately more potent.

Tomorrow I'll chew this 0.3 g piece I have set aside and see if I can take a little mind trip on a Saturday afternoon. :battingeyelashes:

Just smoking the gg4 buds not the cobs for a good while.

And yes I love the way they smoke smoother and almost more narcotic as they age.

:passitleft:

Has anyone tested cobs to see how they compare to flowers? I wonder how the Cannaboids are changing to create the buzz.
I tested the Carnival flower and then the Carnival cob after a 3 month cure. It didn't give us any answers as to what happens chemically to the cob other than it was almost fully decarbed. Potency went down a few percent and terps were about 1/2 of the flower.

I tested the Carnival flower and then the Carnival cob after a 3 month cure. It didn't give us any answers as to what happens chemically to the cob other than it was almost fully decarbed. Potency went down a few percent and terps were about 1/2 of the flower.

And yet they can knock your socks off. Which explains our obsession. Lol!

Thanks Neiko. I was thinking it would probably be inconclusive. It's a mystery.

I think I saw a report of another cob variety where they showed the test results and the cob was higher. Plus it would be tough to tell what was really happening without a very tight control group to cover all the variables such as how old was the 'flower' (is there a time in buds where things measure their highest), and how cured was the cob. Those numbers could very well change at different points in my mind. And do all strains act the same in the cob process? To really get an idea as what the 'numbers' look like, I would think you would need a big enough sample size....10, 20 different strains with a couple controlled times relative to ages of the product to kind of see what the big picture with COBs is. Its a mystery for sure.

Where's the Mystery Van and the gang when you need them?
scooby.png

I think I saw a report of another cob variety where they showed the test results and the cob was higher. Plus it would be tough to tell what was really happening without a very tight control group to cover all the variables such as how old was the 'flower' (is there a time in buds where things measure their highest), and how cured was the cob. Those numbers could very well change at different points in my mind. And do all strains act the same in the cob process? To really get an idea as what the 'numbers' look like, I would think you would need a big enough sample size....10, 20 different strains with a couple controlled times relative to ages of the product to kind of see what the big picture with COBs is. Its a mystery for sure.
I agree but for $60/test it's more than I want to spend to find out they just can't tell us what we want to know. Cobs are variable in there nature anyway, I don't think any 2 cobs would act the same. I know it's changed and usually for the better and I think that is due to more than what any test has the ability to show. Christ, you can't even get a repeatable result from bud to bud from the same plant.

Will be making my first cob over the next few days. Got a bag of buds in the mini fridge. Been in there for a day and a half and humidity when I check them in a jar is still really high. Like high 90’s. Is that normal for drying in this manner? Also, was wonder about prepping the corn husks. Could someone tell me the process for that? Thanks so much!

At first I just rinsed the husks off and kind of shook dried them a bit before rolling. The next time I made cobs the husks kind of were a bit dried out so I soaked them in plain water for a couple minutes to make them just a bit more pliable. Using two husks per cob makes it a lot easier to roll tight for me.
:passitleft:

Been smoking my Blue Dream cob today. Jesus thats some potent stuff man! I have been burning the same bowl for 4 different smokes and I have been lit all afternoon/evening. Very narcotic though which is good for today but probably not the best for productive daytime use.

Hi brothers and sisters I have been out of town at a fishing camp in the north west of Australia for a month.
I took some cobs of Malawi x Ethiopia and Panama x Honduras with me both aged 6 months.
Well everyone who tried them fell in love with the experience and want more.
More than one person commented that I must have adulterated the buds with speed or some other drug. As they had never had the instant energy rush before from smoking pot ha ha.

Those two strains are very euphoric and trippy chewed but smoked the hit is instantaneous something they had never experienced before and they all wanted more.
More than I had with me ha ha, so I had to ration it to make it last.
I will be growing them again thats for sure so if your after something that puts a rocket up you and boosts your labido into over drive they are the go.
The P x H chewed is so euphoric it makes you want to hug and kiss everyone you meet I love it to death. If your down and tired it fires up your enthusiasm and love for life like nothing I have ever had before.

I just caught up on this thread after being away for a month and there are some very nice cobs shown you guys are killing it.

We may never figure out what exactly is going on. Shoot, they don’t even test for but a small portion of what’s really available in the plant. There are so many variables going on and as Neiko said, you won’t get consistent labs from two buds from the same plant.

The mystery will absorb us for years. What fun lies ahead. :slide:

My hero! Lol!

Will be making my first cob over the next few days. Got a bag of buds in the mini fridge. Been in there for a day and a half and humidity when I check them in a jar is still really high. Like high 90’s. Is that normal for drying in this manner? Also, was wonder about prepping the corn husks. Could someone tell me the process for that? Thanks so much!

Low and slo drying will seem a little nuts the first couple times through. That humidity spike is normal, and I assure you it drops off. Are you certain your hygrometer is calibrated correctly?

I see Doob filled you in on preparing husks. You simply want them pliable. I always dry mine with a paper towel before I cob. And he’s so correct about using two husks per cob. I tore through so many at first before I finally let this idea in. Lol!

Been smoking my Blue Dream cob today. Jesus thats some potent stuff man! I have been burning the same bowl for 4 different smokes and I have been lit all afternoon/evening. Very narcotic though which is good for today but probably not the best for productive daytime use.

Blue Dream never lets you down, does it? :battingeyelashes: Your talent as a cultivator shines through in he quality of the cobs. They’re early yet. Give it a few months and it’ll be.....OMG, we really have no idea. :rofl:

My Cobb hit the two week mark yesterday , I'm out of town now but will return Monday or Tuesday and I'm going to give it sample...... Will post photos and smoke report later.......:peace:

You have no idea how excited I am to know we’ll someday be able to sit down and break out some Carn cob. :slide:

So looking forward to your photos and report.

I started the day with 0.2 gram chew of Devil’s Carnival cob after a three-month cure. Whew! I’ve decided to ride the whole day on DC, and I broke out the 8-month old buds of the chemovar and that’s what I’ll use the rest of the day. I’ve learned, as Tangwena shared, that chewing twice in a day never results in the delightful experience I was hoping for, but rather lends a little frantic and tired edge by day’s end.

My routine has become chewed and smoked cob in the AM and smoked flower for the remainder of the day. All my brownies are Carnival right now, so I’m sticking to flower from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom