Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hmmm... it’s awlfully cold here in the Gulf region. Wish I’d brought my seed mat from storage.

Anyway, Brix overcame this with a sous vide machine. Today he tried his hand a second time with another indica cob.

As to the sativa snowflakes.... I’m sure I could develop a tastier chocolate recipe, but these are actually quite good, and they certainly pack a punch. Lol!

Another? Why not? :slide:

That's one fine looking cob SweetSue/BrixNewb. I'd love to have a chaw of that when it's ripe! I'm getting excited with these cob adventures. Getting near time mine will be 3 months cured, and seeing all these here, I get the itch for a (tangwena style) trip! Patience, grasshopper, lol.
Nice job you two. Synergy at it's best.

Sous vide is brilliant, can’t go wrong there.

I checked my cobs tonight, and yep, they looked moist.

I keep having sealing problems with my vacuum sealer. The cobs had both seals broken.

I took them out, changed the parchment paper and cotton twine, and wrapped them back up. Sealed them again. I will monitor them the next week while they sit on my router.

Sous vide is brilliant, can’t go wrong there.

I checked my cobs tonight, and yep, they looked moist.

I keep having sealing problems with my vacuum sealer. The cobs had both seals broken.

I took them out, changed the parchment paper and cotton twine, and wrapped them back up. Sealed them again. I will monitor them the next week while they sit on my router.

I have had some issues with my vacuum sealer's seals as well, so now I always double seal to ensure no issue.

My little sous vide has really come in handy with the cobs. I can maintain whatever temp I want for however long I like.
how much does one of those things run? Curious if it might be worth investing in it.

how much does one of those things run? Curious if it might be worth investing in it.
If you have an old non-electronic crockpot around (craigslist if you don't), the kind with just off, low, high on a rotary dial you can pick up an stc-1000 off the river place for less than $20 and make you own quite easily. Just google home made sous vide.
stc 1000.JPG

If you have an old non-electronic crockpot around (craigslist if you don't), the kind with just off, low, high on a rotary dial you can pick up an stc-1000 off the river place for less than $20 and make you own quite easily. Just google home made sous vide.
stc 1000.JPG
:thanks:

Hey all you crazy cobbers! I’ve got an update on the Panama Cobs... so we did the sweat, then the fermentation, then 3 weeks sealed for curing. I have to say, Tangwena was right... these things smell so damn good. I do wish I could describe the smell, it’s just wonderful. I do hope this pic dump will give you all an idea of how they might smell. Sorry for all the pics... I just couldn’t get enough! Pics from different lighting and such. I was trying to get the bloom/crystals to show better. These things are covered pretty good.
And as always, I welcome further guidance. I am after all compiling all this info into notes for future Cobs.

Looks great dajerm, great strain to do it with too.

I have a quick question for the pros.

My cobs sitting on my router are sweating again. Is that ok in fermentation or should I take em out and dry them off /reseal. I have another few days of fermentation before I am supposed to take em out and dry.

Make sure you dry them more then vacuum seal them for storage/aging they look perfect. The smells from a Panama cob are indeed unreal the aroma alone says eat me or smoke me doesn't it?
You can of corse start sampling them now they should be awesome but will improve out of site as they age by Christmas they will be perfection as far as the high and aroma goes.
Welcome to the cob club brother your life will never be the same from here enjoy your trips my friend your going to experience nirvana.

Make sure you dry them more then vacuum seal them for storage/aging they look perfect. The smells from a Panama cob are indeed unreal the aroma alone says eat me or smoke me doesn't it?
You can of corse start sampling them now they should be awesome but will improve out of site as they age by Christmas they will be perfection as far as the high and aroma goes.
Welcome to the cob club brother your life will never be the same from here enjoy your trips my friend your going to experience nirvana.
Aww hell, you have me very excited! I’ll try some out tomorrow, I’ll chew .5g or so and see how that goes.
So for the aging how would you do this? Maybe put them in a large glass jar so they will dry slow? Or take them out of bags and let them dry for a whole day here and there and then re-vacuum seal?
Thank you so much for the help Tangwena, you helped me make these perfect Cobs and I am so grateful. You are right, the smell is so so good, it does say eat me! Or smoke me!

Dont risk a jar unless fully dried. I would dry them a day then vac seal them to age they will slow cure while sealed at room temps is fine.
Its like fine wine from now on regular temps and aging you will see.
Half a gram should be awesome adjust your dose up or down from that. Remember after aging they get stronger.

Looks great dajerm, great strain to do it with too.

I have a quick question for the pros.

My cobs sitting on my router are sweating again. Is that ok in fermentation or should I take em out and dry them off /reseal. I have another few days of fermentation before I am supposed to take em out and dry.
Sorry I missed your post my friend I generally only let them sweat for 24 to 48hrs max.
Then towel dry the moisture re seal and proceed as per Repuks flow chart or Sweet Sues recipe you wont go wrong.

Sorry I missed your post my friend I generally only let them sweat for 24 to 48hrs max.
Then towel dry the moisture re seal and proceed as per Repuks flow chart or Sweet Sues recipe you wont go wrong.
Ok yeah I did the initial sweat, then put them on my router thinking it wasn’t as warm. Seems it’s warm enough to cause water droplets to form again.

I will take them out, dry them off, reseal for another few days and put them back...in a less warm spot.

Thanks

Aww hell, you have me very excited! I’ll try some out tomorrow, I’ll chew .5g or so and see how that goes.
So for the aging how would you do this? Maybe put them in a large glass jar so they will dry slow? Or take them out of bags and let them dry for a whole day here and there and then re-vacuum seal?
Thank you so much for the help Tangwena, you helped me make these perfect Cobs and I am so grateful. You are right, the smell is so so good, it does say eat me! Or smoke me!

So Happy to see you are getting all this figured out :) I'm going to need your help when I pull the Guawi :high-five::bravo:

Dont risk a jar unless fully dried. I would dry them a day then vac seal them to age they will slow cure while sealed at room temps is fine.
Its like fine wine from now on regular temps and aging you will see.
Half a gram should be awesome adjust your dose up or down from that. Remember after aging they get stronger.
Perfect, thanks Tangwena. As always, I really appreciate your help!
So Happy to see you are getting all this figured out :) I'm going to need your help when I pull the Guawi :high-five::bravo:

Mmmm hmmm, some of that Guawi will be so good cobbed. I’m here when you're ready Gazoo!

I harvested 4 White Widow plants in August and made two cobs from 1 ounce of wet bud wrapped in corn husks. The cobs were sweated, fermented and then cured for 3 months. I've been smoking the WW bud every day since harvest. Last night a friend came over and we rolled a joint using one gram of the cob. Heres my observations and comparison between the traditional hanging and curing in jars at 62% RH, and the cob style curing.

- From 28 grams of wet bud (2 days hanging) I got 13 grams of dried cob.
-The traditional cure has a woody smell with notes of pepper, the cob was extremely sweet and fruity.
- The traditional smoke was heavy, hot and expanded hugely in my lungs, the cob was almost not noticeable until it expanded but less so than the traditional.
- The stone of the traditional cure starts in the head and quickly moves to the body as I would expect from an indica, the cob started in the head and moved slightly to the body but stayed predominantly in the head with a very euphoric head high.
- The stone of the traditional cured bud last just over 2 hours, the cob lasted just over 3 hours.

All in all I really enjoyed smoking the cob and will certainly be making more cobs with my future harvests.

Back
Top Bottom