Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Sweet! Good to know I don't have to follow the instructions in too much details. Then I can do it in my own way, whatever that will be. :)

I focused less on precision when I learned that these were made successfully for years by being buried in dirt haha

And in goat's stomachs

This curing process has a few key points that need watched as far as timing and temp at the beginning. Then its like it was said the vac bags are time capsules, they let you get to them when you have time. Not saying you can miss it by weeks or months but it is semi-flexible around your schedule.

Sweet! Good to know I don't have to follow the instructions in too much details. Then I can do it in my own way, whatever that will be. :)

One of the beauties of the process is the unlimited flexibility. Play Nick. Have fun with it. In the end the product’ll knock your socks off and make tremendous oils, regardless.

Brix’s Blueberry cob finished its week in 83° waters using his sous vide. He was out when the alarm went off, so I pulled it and inspected for him.

After surface drying it was resealed, to be opened in a week. I’ve instructed his partner to give it a try at each opening so she can find what appeals most to her.

Visiting here came with all sorts of unexpected surprises, and making a cob was like icing on my already delicious cake. :battingeyelashes:

Will the next week be at room temp, SweetSue? Is that cob done fermenting?
Great pics!

Thanks Nick. :hug:

This cob is finished with fermentation and she’s on to curing, which is room temp. He’ll open once a week to let it release a bit more moisture, then toss it back into a vacuum for longer storage. His partner just had her first taste of a cob last Sunday - a slice of one of my DDA cobs had her humming for hours - and she’s excited to try something more indica.

Beautiful looking COB, SweetSue/Brix. Nice Job. Will be fun to hear a smoke report for that!

One of the beauties of the process is the unlimited flexibility. Play Nick. Have fun with it. In the end the product’ll knock your socks off and make tremendous oils, regardless.

Brix’s Blueberry cob finished its week in 83° waters using his sous vide. He was out when the alarm went off, so I pulled it and inspected for him.

After surface drying it was resealed, to be opened in a week. I’ve instructed his partner to give it a try at each opening so she can find what appeals most to her.

Visiting here came with all sorts of unexpected surprises, and making a cob was like icing on my already delicious cake. :battingeyelashes:
Now thats what I call repaying kindness Sue your small gesture will have an ongoing magical effect on that cob and their lives.
A stitch in time as they say ha ha. Its amazing how a such a small action on your part could have set off such a wonderful chain reaction like in a Harry Potter movie a little magic at the right time then let nature carry on.

I cut off 1.8 grams of one of my Critical cobs yesterday. It hasn't finished drying yet, though, so 1.8 grams should be less of finished cob. I divided it in 3 parts and smoked 1 joint and had 2 sessions in the vaporiser.
When smoking it, I was mostly bothered by the burnt taste of smoke. I'm giving up smoking in favour of vaping, and only smoke occasionally now. But the effect of smoking the cob was awesome. Very strong!
Vaping it was a great surprise. I couldn't taste anything of what I smell of the fermentation, it was all just a beautiful flavour. A bit of citrus that I can't taste in dry bud I think. Again, the effect was very powerful, it made my eyes water. Or maybe I was crying of happiness, I don't know...I was a bit wasted in the end... o_O

I decided to stop the drying process for a while by resealing the cobs. Firstly to prevent mold, but I also thought the vacuum will redistribute the moisture more evenly in the cobs. I'll continue drying them tomorrow for 1 more day. I'll get a new little sample then I think.

I cut off 1.8 grams of one of my Critical cobs yesterday. It hasn't finished drying yet, though, so 1.8 grams should be less of finished cob. I divided it in 3 parts and smoked 1 joint and had 2 sessions in the vaporiser.
When smoking it, I was mostly bothered by the burnt taste of smoke. I'm giving up smoking in favour of vaping, and only smoke occasionally now. But the effect of smoking the cob was awesome. Very strong!
Vaping it was a great surprise. I couldn't taste anything of what I smell of the fermentation, it was all just a beautiful flavour. A bit of citrus that I can't taste in dry bud I think. Again, the effect was very powerful, it made my eyes water. Or maybe I was crying of happiness, I don't know...I was a bit wasted in the end... o_O

I decided to stop the drying process for a while by resealing the cobs. Firstly to prevent mold, but I also thought the vacuum will redistribute the moisture more evenly in the cobs. I'll continue drying them tomorrow for 1 more day. I'll get a new little sample then I think.
Go with your instincts my friend.

Another astonished participant. Lol! It sounds like you already know how to proceed Nick, and congratulations on your first tastes. :high-five:

I’ll be flying to California in a couple weeks for a quick visit and I’ll be squirreling away a couple cob bits to keep me buzzed for the duration. They don’t look or smell like cannabis, so I should be able to drop them into a personal items bag or my lunch box and have it completely overlooked. This traveling “freedom” is a benefit of the process I never took into consideration. :battingeyelashes:

I started my day with a 0.4 gram chew of Zamaldelica x Panama cob.

When I’m done chewing I’ll smoke a wee bit of flower and sometime this afternoon chase it all with half a Zam x Pan brownie.

Don’t you just love Sundays? :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

This is surely interesting.... Shoppinglist for grow to- be is just getting longer.
Hej @nickeluring long time no see
Sweet one :hug: sis :hug:
:hug: oldbear :hug:
:hug: to everybody :hug:
I am so going to try this.
tangwena your avatar :rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Back
Top Bottom