Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

My notes say they are weeks in the bag today so it's great timing. Not really getting my hopes up but we will see.

:circle-of-love:

I'll be waiting here for pics, Sue!

Well you sly fox. Lol! :high-five: I see change occurring. Have you tested any, or did it all go to fermentation? Are you planning a longer fermentation period? Last, but not least, what chemovar or chemovars did you use?

If I had that Hammer 'O Rep you'd have felt it's tap. :circle-of-love:

The Sweat

24 hours at a fairly steady 104 degrees F. Good grief, do they smell. Lol! The daughter said she got high on the fumes. Lol! The smell is like a sweet grass. Very heady.

The cobs have been dried with a paper towel and they're all drying a bit more before I'll be resealing, which will be in a few minutes.

I made 3 cobs of an unknown sativa strain and 1 cob of the Dr Grinspoon, also a sativa. I think I will dry one of the 3 unknown cobs and maybe half of the Dr.

The rest will again go in wet and ferment (or cure? Is "curing" after it is dry?) for a month longer.

I did smoke a small sample of the unknown sativa after the initial 30 hour sweat and it seemed to smoke like hash. It smolders in the pipe after the flame goes out. It had a bit of tobacco flavor and feeling. The weed is a bit on the weak side but is very pleasant and uplifting and great for in the morning and after sweating it seemed to be about the same but I didn't smoke much.

What if a person used a some CCO to add some moisture back in to sweat the dried bud. Buckle your seat belts we are about to leave orbit.

TS..... :hug::hug::hug: You really need an afternoon at my place.

It did strike me as being comparable to what people who can stand the ocean probably feel when they get a vacation and step off the bus onto the beach. Sort of like being alone in the mountains - only with people and in an apartment, I guess.

The fermentation of the Mexican bales bears so little in common with what we're doing its not worth the worry TS. This is primo cannabis, lovingly wrapped in a corn husk, which imparts its own magic to the delicious product.

I guess I'll file that one under "sushi" - something that other people obviously like, but that I cannot fathom doing, myself, without a gun held to my head.

Top of the line vs bottom of the barrel.

I'll agree that 99.99∞% of the compressed import cannabis I've ever smoked was garbage - but that one other QP I once experienced was good enough that I grew out seeds from it (and they produced the best bud I've ever had). I cannot help but feel that more decent examples would have been discovered, had the stuff been properly dried... and cured.

You'll have to at least try some on a free day.

Pencil me in for the first week after I get a pair of new lungs installed.

It might be a way to get that joy going in your belly again.

Ah, Sue, that'd be nice - but so utterly unlikely that I don't even dream of such things any more. Drugs far more powerful - and expensive - than cannabis could only barely accomplish that. I am long out of the "better living through chemistry" lifestyle, and do not expect to ever return to it. Doing so would be unlikely to benefit anyone other than myself, at this point, which hardly seems worth getting out of bed over most days. It's enough to continue (occasionally) slapping a "cannabis band-aid" onto my issues, rather than actively treating them like I used to.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I just wish I was better at telling lies.

Or gullible enough to believe them, when I try telling them to myself.

IDK, I think I need to shut the computer down for a while. IDK why, but thinking about cannabis just increases the depression any more

What if a person used a some CCO to add some moisture back in to sweat the dried bud. Buckle your seat belts we are about to leave orbit.

Hahaha! I'm not sure it'd add much moisture. CCO is straight essential oils, and has the consistency of tar. I think if you stuck some dried bud in a jar with some apple slices suspended above them you'd rehydrate in no time.

Wrap those slightly rehydrated buds inside hydrated husks and you may have a winner.

Tangwena's checking them out now. He suggested I break out the dehydrator to get them dry to the touch faster. It sounded like a good idea to me. :battingeyelashes:

Which reminds me, led05 did some experimenting and discovered that the best place to sweat the cobs and canaries was in the dehydrator. I know, I thought the same thing, "why didn't that occur to me?" Well, he took the time to list his reasons and they made perfect sense to me. None of the other options have the temperature control and the cobs are sealed in the bags, so the fan blowing over them doesn't have any negative effect.

They’re all tucked away. :yahoo: I’m setting the alarm right......now! Lol!

Had to find the iPad. Can't insert photos from the phone. Aaarrrggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Ok, at 9:00 PM on the 21st I’ll open them both. I’ll seal one back up and let it go a second week.

Ahhhhh........ This feels good. Time for a rip-roaring buzz. :slide:

I have only read about it all and have no real experience but that sounds right. Tangwena went for days with the initial sweat years ago and has since shifted to 1-2 day sweats (i don't know why) but I think he said the longer you go the darker the cob and more (necrotic? psychedellic? heavy?)??? ....something... I don't remember, sorry. Maybe repuk will remember.

Back
Top Bottom