Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Ooo.... lots of excitement going on over here. I’m so wrapped up in getting on that plane I’ve been neglecting the thread. :battingeyelashes:

Neiko, what will you do with the cob that apparently molded?

Thank you for sharing that over here Besmirched. This is all a big science experiment spanning the globe. I’d hope that we can share all of our results openly, not just the happy ones. Lol!

So I’m wandering the apartment, going over my lists, trying not to forget anything critical, when the cobs called me. Idly glancing through the bags I noticed that the recent Devil’s Carnival cob had lost seal integrity.

“Hmmm.... didn’t notice that yesterday.” Yes....I look in on them constantly. Lol!

Not wanting to run the risk of mold I cut her open and set the cob out to dry before sealing up again. I’ll be gone two weeks or more. I’ll be sure to have the daughter do a regular check.

So I’m standing in my kitchen, bewitched by the perfume of this compacted package of buds sitting across the room. This is heady stuff, isn’t it? Am I the only one who doesn’t want to wander away when they’re open?

How beautiful!

I seem to be amassing a collection. :rofl:

Ooo.... lots of excitement going on over here. I’m so wrapped up in getting on that plane I’ve been neglecting the thread. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for sharing that over here Besmirched. This is all a big science experiment spanning the globe. I’d hope that we can share all of our results openly, not just the happy ones. Lol!

So I’m wandering the apartment, going over my lists, trying not to forget anything critical, when the cobs called me. Idly glancing through the bags I noticed that the recent Devil’s Carnival cob had lost seal integrity.

“Hmmm.... didn’t notice that yesterday.” Yes....I look in on them constantly. Lol!

Not wanting to run the risk of mold I cut her open and set the cob out to dry before sealing up again. I’ll be gone two weeks or more. I’ll be sure to have the daughter do a regular check.

So I’m standing in my kitchen, bewitched by the perfume of this compacted package of buds sitting across the room. This is heady stuff, isn’t it? Am I the only one who doesn’t want to wander away when they’re open?

How beautiful!

Someone not knowing would think those are jerky peices. Gee, they would be in for a big surprise. I can't wait to get mine started.

How beautiful!

They grow on you in every way dont they?

Heya gang, 5 days into cure and the dreaded white mould spore was spotted.
I am using zip seal bags as no vac seal, Bush living. Once spotted l removed cob and untied, I smelt bag and decided to throw away. With a paper towel soaked in vinegar, only had malt in cupboard, and wiped the cob to remove and kill mould spores on cob. If really bad I would have changed cobs, but only minimal and as I used fully wet bud to start the cob skin has an awesome honey colour sticky tacky residue I want to keep with the cob.
I then put cob skin and cob inner in the sun to dry. When crispy I re wrapped and wrapped in baking paper and in new bag for cure continue.

Hope this helps, I would assume if covered in mould maybe too far but you could drench or spray and wipe or Pat dry if needed.
Will post if flavour affected, but doesn't seem to be.
Best to dry it slowly you can not guarantee no mold if its wet. It will still age nicely dried you may like it at the point in the cure it is at.
Any Pics?

It wasn't a whole cob it was the 2 gram sample I cut to try. I left it out to dry and that's when it molded. It took about 3 days. I just pitched that sample. This week's samples are just sitting out to dry. I had the one that molded in an unzipped ziplock bag. I think that is what contributed to the mold.

The cobs are getting pretty strong now. I can't believe how potent they are getting when smoked. I'm not getting anywhere near the buzz chewing them. I've been eating .5-.6 gram pieces and it just gives a nice base buzz but smoked it's a whole different level of buzz. I gave some to Curso to try and he said he couldn't believe how high he got. He said it felt like he did a giant dab. There was a very noticeable change at the 4 week cure mark. They are getting better every week too...:slide:

How beautiful!

Those are so ugly...until you know what it is and the road it's taken...then they're fascinating.

It wasn't a whole cob it was the 2 gram sample I cut to try. I left it out to dry and that's when it molded. It took about 3 days. I just pitched that sample. This week's samples are just sitting out to dry. I had the one that molded in an unzipped ziplock bag. I think that is what contributed to the mold.

No doubt that loose Ziploc was the culprit.

The cobs are getting pretty strong now. I can't believe how potent they are getting when smoked. I'm not getting anywhere near the buzz chewing them. I've been eating .5-.6 gram pieces and it just gives a nice base buzz but smoked it's a whole different level of buzz.

same same.

I gave some to Curso to try and he said he couldn't believe how high he got. He said it felt like he did a giant dab. There was a very noticeable change at the 4 week cure mark. They are getting better every week too...:slide:

LMFAO...I've got to call that dude....and I agree with the change at the 4-week mark although mine changed more between week 4-5 than they did in the first 4 weeks. I opened the one we sampled last week and it was definitely more aromatic. I gave a sample to someone (;)) to be smoked. He'll tell me tonight.

Getting ready to fly out in the morning and making sure the cobs are all given the chance to shed a little more moisture.

#1 sparkles more than #2.

The Jamaican canary’s done, but the leathery cob is still drying out. It has the most interesting surface gesture of all the cobs.

They’ll be sealed and left unopened until I get back. They smell unbelievably sweet, every one, and each has its own flavor.

I can’t wait to try the Carnival ones. :slide:

Hi Sue enjoy the trip in the sky I needed a gum shield on my last flight I had to bite down on something hard to try and stop bursting out of my seat ha ha. Best flight ever in the sky.
Sparkly cobs are good I have a few and they always hit the spot.
Today I had some golden GT cob its 2 years old and just getting better and better I couldn't stop smiling all day I felt so darn good deep in my soul I was golden.

The cobs are getting pretty strong now. I can't believe how potent they are getting when smoked. I'm not getting anywhere near the buzz chewing them. I've been eating .5-.6 gram pieces and it just gives a nice base buzz but smoked it's a whole different level of buzz. I gave some to Curso to try and he said he couldn't believe how high he got. He said it felt like he did a giant dab. There was a very noticeable change at the 4 week cure mark. They are getting better every week too...:slide:
Hi brother a well cured cob of strong grass is the best high out there smoked. I wish I was still able to toke on a joint I used to just suck on one for ages before I lit it up.
My friends who still smoke can never get enough once they try it they are hooked for life. I have a friend who grows a lot of good outdoor pot and makes outstanding cobs as well.
He reports all that try them come begging for more and being the kind soul that he is he obliges them.
I think once you get into it you just want to share and turn on as many people as possible.

Hi brother a well cured cob of strong grass is the best high out there smoked. I wish I was still able to toke on a joint I used to just suck on one for ages before I lit it up.
My friends who still smoke can never get enough once they try it they are hooked for life. I have a friend who grows a lot of good outdoor pot and makes outstanding cobs as well.
He reports all that try them come begging for more and being the kind soul that he is he obliges them.
I think once you get into it you just want to share and turn on as many people as possible.

I'm making believer's out of em 1 person at a time. I am now cobbing more of my harvests than not now. I don't think I'll even try new cobs until at least 1 month cure from now on. Now I have some to hold me over......if I don't give it all away.

“...if I don’t give it away.” This is so me. Lol! I’ve already promised some out and they’re not even through the first complete cure.

I just can’t believe how smooth COB joints are. I guess those tobacco guys really do know something about curing. :D

I haven’t even tried the Sativa one yet. Been saving it for around 4:20 this very afternoon. :rollit:

Can’t wait Doob. :slide:

Trying a little experiment. I'm 'curing' leftovers from edible oil extractions. The oil in the material may mess things up, but it is changing color for sure.

Just had to do it 'cause I dont have any fresh material ..... yet

Trying a little experiment. I'm 'curing' leftovers from edible oil extractions. The oil in the material may mess things up, but it is changing color for sure.

Just had to do it 'cause I dont have any fresh material ..... yet

I like the initiative. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom