Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Nice work my friend it will be interesting to get your take on the effects can't wait.

I get to try that one out myself Tangwena. I’ll be visiting him in 2 weeks. :yahoo:

This is one of my main chemovars in my garden.

Hi Sue you lucky devil nothing better than waiting on the effects from a new cob. Will it be good or very good?
I have some Malawi x Ethiopia and Golden Tiger coming down this week. Organically grown outside in the Aussie autumn sun.
I have high hopes for something special especially the Golden Tiger I cant get enough of that stuff.

My next grow in September will be some Punto Rojo x Coljam I was gifted from a friend. I saw the heads from the plants he grew and fell in love, cobbed its going to be something else.
He has cobs he made from them and reckons the high is unreal. Unfortunately he is in the US or I would have been knocking on his door big time ha ha

I need to know more...but I am still on Page 1...time to catch up :theband:

Gotcha Blew! Lol! :welcome: to our deliciously provocative experiment with fermentation and cannabis. :hug:

well if in anyone wants to know I can't try this yet but it's been an informative and enjoyable day and a bit reading gathering new knowledge and things to try out....:high-five:
@lazyfish, cheers for the intro to this. can't wait to give it a go.. mucho gracias
@SweetSue, apart from starting this thread, I feel I've gotten to know ya just a bit better, I see the sassy Sue and I imagine quite a naughty Sue ( nothing rude folks ) in a sweet humorous way. :thanks:
@tangwena, nice to meet the personwho led SweetSues charge in ever more delightful ways of taking meds.....:bravo:

I will be taking plants down very soon. I was at an Asian market yesterday and got corn husks as per directions. I also got some banana leaves. Would banana leaves work? How would it affect the flavor? Has anyone tried them?

ES

Well ok. I'll have to give it a shot and take one for the team!

Banana leaves - check
Bamboo roller - check
String to tie this up - check
Freshly harvested bud - soon
Vacuum sealer - check
Vacuum bags - check
Heating pad - check
Container for heat control - check!

Cobs priceless!

Yes!!!!!

Do the banana leaf, I bet @SweetSue will pee herself when she hears you are:rofl::rofl::rofl::welldone::bravo:

I definitely don't want her doing that. Maybe breaking out in a happy dance in the Walmart parking lot!

Banana leaves - check
Bamboo roller - check
String to tie this up - check
Freshly harvested bud - soon
Vacuum sealer - check
Vacuum bags - check
Heating pad - check
Container for heat control - check!

Cobs priceless!
If I may intrude Banana leaves are not traditional some folks mentioned them in old posts many moons ago.
In Malawi they use banana tree bark, its like cardboard when dry and very good for making cobs I have never seen a cob with banana leaves used as a skin.
The other common wrapper is maize husks as I use.

Its just an urban myth about the use of banana leaves it stems from an old picture of a cob wrapped in banana tree bark where the poster said it was banana leaves and has grown from that.
Def not used as a wrapper I dont know if it would work. I suspect not or the Malawians would have used them instead of the bark IMO.

Well there you have it. I guess I'll figure out something else to do with the banana leaves. When the source says no banana leaves, I listen.

Well there you have it. I guess I'll figure out something else to do with the banana leaves. When the source says no banana leaves, I listen.
You can use them for cooking. Steamed rice in banana leaves or fish works well.

If I may intrude Banana leaves are not traditional some folks mentioned them in old posts many moons ago.
In Malawi they use banana tree bark, its like cardboard when dry and very good for making cobs I have never seen a cob with banana leaves used as a skin.
The other common wrapper is maize husks as I use.

Its just an urban myth about the use of banana leaves it stems from an old picture of a cob wrapped in banana tree bark where the poster said it was banana leaves and has grown from that.
Def not used as a wrapper I dont know if it would work. I suspect not or the Malawians would have used them instead of the bark IMO.

You feel free to step up and correct us at any point my friend. This thread is as much yours as it is mine. :battingeyelashes:

I had my fermenting cobs out to dry a bit for the beginning of the cure.

I’ll open them again on Tuesday and then they stay sealed until I return from vacation in early June.

When I had them open I was still doing the sensitization protocol, and I took no samples.

I had all the curing cobs open too, but for some reason I didn’t take any pictures. The Malawi cobs are done and when I return from vacation they’ll be beyond three months, ready to explore. I’ll have cobs to sample as I travel. :slide:

well if in anyone wants to know I can't try this yet but it's been an informative and enjoyable day and a bit reading gathering new knowledge and things to try out....:high-five:
@lazyfish, cheers for the intro to this. can't wait to give it a go.. mucho gracias
@SweetSue, apart from starting this thread, I feel I've gotten to know ya just a bit better, I see the sassy Sue and I imagine quite a naughty Sue ( nothing rude folks ) in a sweet humorous way. :thanks:
@tangwena, nice to meet the personwho led SweetSues charge in ever more delightful ways of taking meds.....:bravo:

Smeegol......:hug: You caught up. :battingeyelashes:

It quickly became one of my fastest-running threads. I’m glad you found us in the beginning. Lol! Watch and learn. When you’re ready you’ll be all primed.

Tangwena, thank you so much for sharing this with us. I started reading your original thread some time ago, and SweetSue's posts there, have now brought me here. Many thanks to you both, and everyone that's contributed to the threads thus far. I'm so excited seeing everyone's forays into cobbing.

full

I cut down my plants recently, and now have 5x ~1oz cobs on the go. The first is a few days older, the other four finished their sweat this morning. It's an unknown sativa bagseed, they all went in smelling of citrus and petrol, they all came out smelling of sweet green tea.

I'm looking forward to where this may take me.

Thank you, once again.

Back
Top Bottom