Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

Hi Cannafish the resin can flow and change to darker colors during the cure here are 2 close ups of a dark cure and a lighter cure.
The dark is very deep trippy and powerful and the lighter cure very speedy and trippy as you would expect from the color of the resin.
Both buds were clear and off white resin before cobbing its best to harvest with milky resin or clear and milky and let the cure change the resin color to the type of high you want.
Thats what makes the high unique in this curing method the changes to the resins, oils and terps that you dont get in a jar cure.

user409906_pic1802930_1511508765.jpg
user409906_pic1802473_1511328196.jpg

Hi my friend during the sweating process the buds can get very wet. So just dry the buds as you would normally hang them or use a dehydrator on low temps as you dont want to over dry them.
It wouldn't phase me at all water is not a problem.
Then start again it should not cause any problems just dry them slowly so you retain some internal moisture in the buds to enable them to sweat and cure as normal.
Thanks , panic over.

Thanks for posting the great pics Tangwena.

I heard something about when hash is pressed it will rupture some of the resin glands. After curing, the hash produces a new terpene called something like hashishine.

I imagine something similar is happening here.

Hi Cannafish the resin can flow and change to darker colors during the cure here are 2 close ups of a dark cure and a lighter cure.
The dark is very deep trippy and powerful and the lighter cure very speedy and trippy as you would expect from the color of the resin.
Both buds were clear and off white resin before cobbing its best to harvest with milky resin or clear and milky and let the cure change the resin color to the type of high you want.
Thats what makes the high unique in this curing method the changes to the resins, oils and terps that you dont get in a jar cure.

user409906_pic1802930_1511508765.jpg
user409906_pic1802473_1511328196.jpg

HI Bode,

Yes, exactly. EM-1 is a brand name for a lactobacillus.

Highya CF,

I think you're talking about LactoBacillus Serum. It's the bacteria that ferments all those things you mentioned. That would help the cobs ferment/cure more completely. Might be a little strong. Can't know without the experiment, though. Someone else will be along soon.

It's easy to make at home. I have some in the frig. When it gets warmer, I'll put it in my compost pile. Also, I'm composting some greens, some eggshells, and soon, will start composting down other things for the nutrients to feed outdoor cannabis plants when I get them into soil. All done with homemade lactobacillus serum. Cool. Cheers

Hi guys, I’d like to show you all my first try at cobbing , the first two pics were a half oz or so wet and got soaked in the water bath as the bag leaked. The second two are more like an Oz or Oz n a half and didn’t get wet.

I don’t have a vac seal machine so I just rolled em real tight in parchment then clingfilm.( is that saranwrap in the US?)

Also went a bit left field and did my last wrap in tight elastic to really compress the sticks.

I’ll post final product pics in a couple of months and also a pic when they come out of the elastic wrap and hang up to dry/cure.
5599A82A-D0DB-4A4F-B03F-D08BCE3200AC.jpeg
1B68111E-2781-45E7-8E41-A6ED81029FE7.jpeg

Attachments

• 05BE556F-8E70-4D7A-A54C-3C1D0E82F36D.jpeg
    05BE556F-8E70-4D7A-A54C-3C1D0E82F36D.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 40
  • B49DA59B-90AC-4571-9551-4D587613945C.jpeg
    B49DA59B-90AC-4571-9551-4D587613945C.jpeg
    365.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 707DDB5D-0B9C-4508-A2B6-332326C23E02.jpeg
    707DDB5D-0B9C-4508-A2B6-332326C23E02.jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 7AD06123-581E-409D-9B80-7DED314297FC.jpeg
    7AD06123-581E-409D-9B80-7DED314297FC.jpeg
    372.2 KB · Views: 43
Hey guys, I have my first cobs sweating right now and I was wondering how long do you guys let them dry for afte rthe sweat? I see to pat dry with a paper towel but did not know if you left them out for a bit before re-sealing them. After I get the sweat done and get them saled I will have to find a place for them to ferment at and then I should be in business! I will upload pics later when I have more time. Getting ready for work now. Thanks in advance!

I let mine sit out until they develop a skin. You will get a dry skin on the outside, yet you know the inside is still very moist. I have had some that did it in a hour or two, and some that I left out over night. I have no reason for this time difference.

Hey guys. I am about to harvest my first ever grow.... Can someone point me to the page with pic instructs?

Eating the cob? I am intriqued, but confused about the process.

Do i need the husks, or can i use something else like cheese cloth? Purpose of the husks to contain the bud, or hold moisture?

That sweat juice in the sealed bag nasty, or can it be used for liquid gold?

A bit afraid of mold, but i have a vac sealer and would love to experiment.

Thx guys!

You are welcome! I hope you post some pics.

48 hours should be OK. You don't want them too dry so watch for that. One of these days I will so a side by side to see what cobbing fresh buds is like compared to semi wet.

What strain do you have there?

It should kick my ass my friend. At least that’s the plan. :laughtwo:

I went to start the cure and when I sealed it up she squirted out another gram of liquid, so I removed her again, and I’m letting her dry overnight before I try again.

I love how they get all sugary. :slide:

I find myself cutting off 0.5 gram pieces most days. Probably why they wear me out. Lol!

Good to hear. They just take a little getting used to. :laughtwo: I have to take a day or two off when I chew them. My system revs up something fierce.

Looking forward to your report on the Destroyer cob. :thumb:

Sue can you use the juice? I hate to waste anything if it has a use :thumb:

Hi guys, I’d like to show you all my first try at cobbing , the first two pics were a half oz or so wet and got soaked in the water bath as the bag leaked. The second two are more like an Oz or Oz n a half and didn’t get wet.

I don’t have a vac seal machine so I just rolled em real tight in parchment then clingfilm.( is that saranwrap in the US?)

Also went a bit left field and did my last wrap in tight elastic to really compress the sticks.

I’ll post final product pics in a couple of months and also a pic when they come out of the elastic wrap and hang up to dry/cure.
1B68111E-2781-45E7-8E41-A6ED81029FE7.jpeg
Thanks for posting the pics my friend it makes it easier to see where your at.
The water damaged cobs need to be thoroughly dried until the outer skin is dry. There will still be enough moisture in the core of the cob to ferment them.
The other cobs need to be dried as Just Meds stated until the skin is dry to the touch before sealing.

As you dont have a vac sealer ( get one) you will have a good chance of getting mold during the cure period so I would inspect and dry every 24 hrs during the cure period.

You need to remove as much moisture as possible especially the water soaked cob you really need a dehydrator as they make everything more manageable and are cheap $60 should get a good enough one.
The cobs not made wet by water look to be getting there nice color so should be ok.

Ok guys thanks for the run down. I will stop the sweat after probably 21 hours so I can try to get the dry outside skin before I go to sleep. Here are the pics of what I was working with. This was my Killing Fields B pheno:

I made 3 cobs with two weighing 30 grams give or take and the last one around 33-35 grams. The buds had been on a plant that was hanging for 48 hours before I started. I should mention that I used parchment paper to help me roll them up as I had no sushi mat.

Back
Top Bottom