Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

That’s pretty neat! 3hours to process up to a pound.... seems like a pretty good turn around! Especially if you recoup the alcohol too!
I believe Source Turbo is the distiller that Neiko uses.
@overlord and I both use the source turbo by extractcraft.

Thanks tons y'all! I've been reading about it most of the free moments in my day today.
I think I'm sold.

They now make a larger unit

I saw... tho I'm not sure it's quite available yet.
I'm assuming you love yours?

And then... there's the reason I've been pondering all this....

I've got a butt-load of those and many others. It's totally jungle-riffic these days.

make sure you set the altitude correctly

Well... I have a broad variety of choice here. I can run it on the floor.... sea level, or I can put it up on the counter and be a few feet above. Oh! I could do it in the back yard and go below sea level.

Yes... I chuckled a touch when I read the altitude setting directions. I get 0 presses on that button baby!

So I took my first swing at making vape juice tonight.
I had previously created a alcohol tincture in the Magical Butter Machine and evaporated out the Everclear.
I didn't filter well enough, so my honey/wax (somewhere between the two) had a ton of green in it, but I drove ahead without concern.
I mixed up a tiny bit with an equal amount of PG. Had to warm the honey/wax to get it to mix at all.
Injected it into my tank and fired it up.
Taste kinda sucks. A bit 'dirty' because of the faulty filtering. Sucked it down none the less.
Effective. Surprisingly so.
I'll have to work out the kinks and move to pressing.

Be careful not to add too much heat to your coils or the juice will burn to a dark black molasses like sludge. It's not like regular ejuice that you can pull monster rips from.

Completely random.. but I miss Betty dammit!

20151111_135917.jpg

Completely random.. but I miss Betty dammit!

20151111_135917.jpg

She was a staple in your garden for years! No room for her in the new place?? Lol or did something happen that I’ve missed/forgotten lol

I have no clue on the vape juice but I’m keeping a close eye on how you do it! Just in case I feel adventurous some day lol

So... good day gone bad. I'll share with some narration.

Today's goals..... Take care of work task. Along the way, pick up Everclear, empty vape tanks, and some drywall repair parts. Seems easy enough. One of the cheesy liquor outlets bordering the quarter would surely have Everclear. The tanks were a know entity and just another stop as were the drywall parts.
Parts collected, the plan could solidify.
Make vape juice with nothing but PG, VG, and kief. Followed directions found here mostly.... I used a crock pot to get to temps rather than a messy double boiler config. No water in the crockpot, just 1g (oh? really?) of kief and 4ml each of PG and VG. Heat above 220, but not over 270 for 5 hours stirring every 30.
So... I mix my goos and get them warm. There's vapor coming off the mix after about 200f. Much more as the numbers rise.
I dig out my grinder. It's oversized... kinda like 2 ice hockey pucks but a touch more around. I opened the lower chamber. It's been full for a long time. Stuff was getting quite compressed in the corners. I think to myself "dat's gotta be a few grams". I crank the scale out and switch it to grams. Put an oversized small plate on top, zero'd it and started pouring. Continued pouring. Emptied 1/4 of the supply and no numbers changed. Continued pouring. Got frustrated and dumped entire contents and scrapped it out with the little spickula thingy. 0.125. WTF!?!?!? I can't fathom this, but the numbers don't lie. Fuck it.... I'm moving ahead with 8ml and all the kief in the grinder. It's huge friggin pile. No way that's not gonna be evil.
5hrs later, I get this...

It was very thick. Like cold butter with something dark mixed in. It was very reminiscent of the dessert from the V-day meal I just shared with the sweetheart.....

So... obviously something is wrong. I search my mind for a couple of hours. Finally, I go power on the scales to check them. "Oz".
Ok.... shit. 0.125oz =3.54g.
Damn.

So tomorrow, I'll add more mix and see if it's salvageable. If not... meh... I know where plenty more is.
Oh... and the Everclear.... planB for a tincture in the Magical Butter Machine and improved filtering.

That looks like caviar. Hope all turns out well. I'd like to try this myself. Currently, I give my trim to someone to process to shatter for a tax of course, by why pay taxes if not needed?

Looks like you made black tar. I've not heard of that method using kief. Do you have a mod that you're using to vape it? I've gotten a drip rig before and just loaded shatter onto the coil. Makes super clouds.

I do have the mod to vape it... not gonna tho. I'm going to try to thin it out with more PG/VG, then filter and see what comes out.

That looks like caviar. Hope all turns out well. I'd like to try this myself. Currently, I give my trim to someone to process to shatter for a tax of course, by why pay taxes if not needed?

Hmmmm...
Know how sometimes you try to speak with a kid, and they're speaking some version of the language that is obviously not yours in dramatic ways? You know.... those ones you want to chase off your lawn with your cane.
I'm getting that vibe from the tax comments. I feel I'm not quite aware of what you're speaking of, but I suspect it doesn't actually involve a governmental tax.
Oh... and get off my lawn dammit!

Back
Top Bottom