Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

I'm having a hard time seeing this. I've been waving a light meter around and seeing fairly little fluctuation in the numbers.
I think this concept plays out better in a situation where you have the lights much closer to the plants. I feel that in my configuration, the best way to boost horsepower is to actually boost horsepower and add more lights. This is in the works actually. I'll be cranking that up nicely soon.
Plus, ya know... rails, cables, more power runs.... meh!

Maybe a strong case for supplemental side-lighting?

I'm having a hard time seeing this. I've been waving a light meter around and seeing fairly little fluctuation in the numbers.
I think this concept plays out better in a situation where you have the lights much closer to the plants. I feel that in my configuration, the best way to boost horsepower is to actually boost horsepower and add more lights. This is in the works actually. I'll be cranking that up nicely soon.
Plus, ya know... rails, cables, more power runs.... meh!
I’ve had great success with my 4 QB light on a light rail. It’s pretty basic, but as with any moving part there is some maintenance and potential issues. I feel like it increases my light by about 20% but mines not really as evenly spread as yours to start with. I have recently stopped using it and added more lights without noticing much if any difference, except the electric usage.

I guess it’s the HID mentality, I grew up with, I’ve always grown with a light rail. I’m sure they’re much more effective with HIDs and their single bulb.

:passitleft:

Maybe a strong case for supplemental side-lighting?

Man... I'd have to do 40ft of side lighting. Ugh! Got the lights for such things tho....
Dammit... quit makin me think!

I’ve had great success with my 4 QB light on a light rail. It’s pretty basic, but as with any moving part there is some maintenance and potential issues. I feel like it increases my light by about 20% but mines not really as evenly spread as yours to start with. I have recently stopped using it and added more lights without noticing much if any difference, except the electric usage.

I guess it’s the HID mentality, I grew up with, I’ve always grown with a light rail. I’m sure they’re much more effective with HIDs and their single bulb.

:passitleft:

That's one of the secondary bonuses of the spread out nature of the QBs.
I'm bumping out some amount of light close to what I was getting off the 1000w HPS. It's kind of like having an HPS bulb that's 6' long and 1' wide. The even spread you get from this is wonderful and allows for non-reflected light to hit the plants from every angle. Light from an HID bulb is single source with any spread being created by reflecting.
I kind of saw this when I was selecting lighting. The COBs are powerful enough, but they replicate the HID issue while the QBs avoid the issue in their basic design.

Been awhile since I took enough time to really go back and read,, I lied,, look at all the pics........ All that coffee filter and booze,, now I'll help drink that,, if we could find something to tame the flavor of everclear. Last I used was to make RSO for treatment for me and Miss J.

But the garden is impressive,,, believe me boring IS good... But that does look like ALOT of work and alot more coming.. GL

Damn Tead, 12 watts per square foot?!! :hmmmm:

And it looks like you have foliage all the way to the walls ...

That's remarkable.

Back when I was crunching HID numbers, the sweet spot for yield per watt was down around 25 watts/sqft. You could up the power, but the yield increase would lag, less and less until you hit around 50 watts/sqft, where environment's gotta be right.

So I guess you get a similar effect running the QBs at 12 watts. Wow. That's remarkable.

What a great setup! :bravo:

But that does look like ALOT of work and alot more coming.

ALOT!
Trimming is kind of a spat of work at one time, but the ongoing care is starting to drag. Had some horsepower lined up for such things, but now the little lawnmower engine named Tead is powering the entire ordeal. Whatcha doing tomorrow... bring your scissors.

Lol everyone's Amped on a light rail, but no ones asking the important questions.
1.Whats the reading on the light meter?
2. Do you dance in the fields of green?

Ya know... I'll collect that data. I've eyed it on the fly, but don't remember the digits. I've got the cheap light meter (lumens rather than lux), but it should give us an idea.
Tead sure likes dancing!

Damn Tead, 12 watts per square foot?!! :hmmmm:

And it looks like you have foliage all the way to the walls ...

That's remarkable.

Back when I was crunching HID numbers, the sweet spot for yield per watt was down around 25 watts/sqft. You could up the power, but the yield increase would lag, less and less until you hit around 50 watts/sqft, where environment's gotta be right.

So I guess you get a similar effect running the QBs at 12 watts. Wow. That's remarkable.

What a great setup! :bravo:

Yes... I see the 12 number bothers you. It bothers me too.
The 25 number you quote I believe comes from burple LED data. I'm not sure how much more efficient the QBs are, but I sure feel some increase after switching from burple to white QBs. Don't KNOW that... but sure feel they're much better. Half sure seems severe tho.

Yup... botherin me too.

I have 2 more sets I can lay in. I was planning for 2 veg areas... 1 seems plenty now tho, so I can add 1200 to that number and bump things up to 18. I could lay in some HPS or burples as well. At the moment, I'm working on an upgrade to the cooling in the power closet... but we're getting there.

BTW I don't own any scissorers............

You might be able to borrow acouple of Miss J's???????????????????? They come without power..............

She don't suck dem heads tho.... She 'city' folk.... Well done prime rib and all.......... Lets see how she handels these pinto beans I got popping off............... But you need to answer that damn phone............................

Playin in the garden today. Pulled everything out of veg, cleaned, played with lights. Good day.

The closet in the background is my power closet. With power supplies, light controller, and breaker box. A knowing eye will notice the cover off the breaker box with a black cable running out of it. The cable provides 80A to the Titan light controller. Luvin the light controller. 2 different power banks running off different relays and timers.

6ea 220v (tho 110v plug shape) outlets down each side of the box (12 total). Thick cable coming into the bottom of the box is the main power feed (80A), and the 2 cords on either side control the relays. You plug them into a regular 110v outlet with a timer in the mix if you want. I've got a timer on the bloom room lights and no timer on the 24hr veg room lights....

The power supplies. I didn't use PVC tubes for shelf standards... had a bunch of old floor trim hangin 'round. Only 1 driver has a dimmer hooked up. I yanked most of them, but left this one connected mostly to make it easy to wire up dimmers in the future if I wish.

Random Qboard shots from the veg room

Rough day. Need food and sleep.

You got a very impressive rig Tead! 80 amps? Hot dayyum! How many amps is each of your drivers @ 220? I bet you can fit 30 of those big ass smashers on that circuit.

You got a very impressive rig Tead! 80 amps? Hot dayyum! How many amps is each of your drivers @ 220? I bet you can fit 30 of those big ass smashers on that circuit.

I used 8A/driver as my planning guide. 600 watts at 220v is 2.7 Amps/phase (5.2 total). You always want to overbuild power runs usually by about 20%. Since my real draw is 5.2 amps, I'm well within my swim lane with my original 8 amps/driver planning numbers.
I'm running 6 drivers at the moment. I know... only 5 cords. I'm running 2 off a standard (tho heavy) extension cord.... yes, 220v goes over a standard extension cord just fine. I should be pulling about 31A currently. Plenty of room for the 2 remaining drivers and their 10.4A of additional load.

You getting pretty damn busy over here.....................

Hey just my 2 cents,,, when you paint a wall,,, cut the top and bottom in first............. But then it is just a grow room?????????????? GL

Back
Top Bottom