Tent recommendations needed 4x4x6

Kriaze

Hello, I've just had to pull down an 8x4x6 tent and after getting it down I've realised that I can't work out how to get it back up again so I'm on the market for a new tent and preferably one a little smaller, probably 4x4x6 (100cm x 100cm x 180cm).

I've been looking at the Mars Hydro tents as I note that they state 1680D Mylar instead of the usual 600D I've bought before, sounds strong and I'm pretty sure I could wangle a discount from one of the wonderful girls there but how do people find them for taking down and putting back up again?
I'm physically limited (fat fucker with a bad back and joints that are getting worse every year) and really could do with something like a popup carnival tent that I can instantly pop up or fold flat, are these available yet and if not then why the devil not? I live in an area where growing is restricted so these tents have to come down in an instant and hopefully go back up without me having to individually label each post or wait a week for delivery of another. Suggestions please and all input is appreciated, with thanks Kriaze.

Just a thought

Most all the tents have instructions online. I know all 4 of mine are, and all 4 are different brands

Just Google them

Lot cheaper and easier than buying a new tent

Hey Chris I appreciate your input but the main two problems that I have are:

a: the labels on each pole tend to come off during the time it's up and I don't want to be measuring each individual pole as I rebuild (did I mention laziness too? Must have forgot that lol).

b: A lot of the time I have to rush taking my tents down and a lot of poles get bent during that rush, so ideally something that goes up and comes down easily would be best.

Money isn't an issue as I'm not growing for profit just for fun, I have the poles and skins of around 5 different tents, some bent some not but all mixed together. It's much easier binning the lot and buying one that could maybe withstand a bit of manhandling up and down while being moved around. :thumb:

Hi Kriaze, we upgrate our tent cloth from the Litchi pattern to the Waffle pattern, which increases the reflect rate as well, so you will get more effecient light output with our tents. ;)

Well , good luck, you have a challenge indeed my friend

Nah nowhere near as bad as it sounds, but I might have to design a pop-up tent lol

Hi Kriaze, we upgrate our tent cloth from the Litchi pattern to the Waffle pattern, which increases the reflect rate as well, so you will get more effecient light output with our tents. ;)

Hello Sara it's been awhile. I've been looking at your tents and just need to find some reviews, are you running any discounts currently?

I have a Mars Hydro. Easy to put up and take down. No complaints.

Thanks Calvados, it's good to see positive reviews on the Mars Hydro tents :thumb:

Homebox are great quality, and the poles are made logically and don't need labels.
The quality is a lot better than other tents I've tried (growlab, mars, secret jardin)
Hi PGR, can you tell me some exact points where their tents is better than ours, so I can give our factory a notice, and hopefully we can make some improvements in future. :green_heart:

Sara it's been awhile. I've been looking at your tents and just need to find some reviews, are you running any discounts currently?
Hi Kriaze, thank you for your trust. Many ppl don't know Mars Hydro can make tents, but before we add the tents to our collection, we already make tents for other brands, some are well-known ones. And we have made some improvements on Mars Hydro ones as well. On youtube, you might find some feedback videos as well. ;) Company strategy not focusing on marketing the tents, so~ still a lot ppl know us as led grow light company, and don't know we can make good tents. :D

Hi PGR, can you tell me some exact points where their tents is better than ours, so I can give our factory a notice, and hopefully we can make some improvements in future. :green_heart:

Well, sure but it would also increase the cost quite a bit, and I don't think high end tents fit mars' profile, the mars tents are decent in their price range.

Homebox:

Better quality poles with a versatile system of removable holders that makes it easy to set up the tent and mount equipment inside.
The poles can be attatched to the sides making the tent a lot less wobbly.
And the possibility of getting spare 100cm and 120 cm poles is great (the standard amount of poles for top and sides is too low for all tents in general)

Better stitching around zippers that lasts longer, meaning less light leaks over time aka longer total life time of the tent.

More vent/wire holes.

Higher quality zippers.

White reflective walls.

:passitleft:

Thank you PGR for the kind feedbacks, they do have decent tents, and I like their white design for a long time as well. :D And your right, some of the design might not suit us, but for the other aspects like zippers, better stitching, etc, we will try our best to improve.:green_heart:
As to the white reflect walls, I remember we use to purchase the same cloth and did a comparison, the result is almost the same for the reflect rate, so we didn't change the cloth. :Namaste:
Well, sure but it would also increase the cost quite a bit, and I don't think high end tents fit mars' profile, the mars tents are decent in their price range.

Homebox:

Better quality poles with a versatile system of removable holders that makes it easy to set up the tent and mount equipment inside.
And the possibility of getting spare 100cm and 120 cm poles is great (the standard amount of poles for top and sides is too low for all tents in general)

Better stitching around zippers that lasts longer, meaning less light leaks over time aka longer total life time of the tent.

More vent/wire holes.

Higher quality zippers.

White reflective walls.

Homebox:

More vent/wire holes.

Higher quality zippers.

White reflective walls.

White is better than silver?

The manufactorer probably have a shit load to say about why it' s better, I think it's the same reflection, but it's nicer to work in than mylar tents, and for those who care a much better setting for pictures.

I have the newer mars 2x4. Love it except for the zipper. Mine has lots of light leaks. I try to push the zipper together tighter in that place. I hope it holds up.No hermies yet though.

@SmokeSara

A small improvement that makes a big difference:

The duct/wire hole in the bottom of the tent (70x70cm) is very small, like 100mm, should be 160mm so different sizes of ducting can be used.
If the tent isn't in a completely dark area you can't use the intake windows when flowering, so it limits the usability.

@SmokeSara

A small improvement that makes a big difference:

The duct/wire hole in the bottom of the tent (70x70cm) is very small, like 100mm, should be 160mm so different sizes of ducting can be used.
If the tent isn't in a completely dark area you can't use the intake windows when flowering, so it limits the usability.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Hey thanks for the recommendations, I bought a Mars Hydro tent and a couple of days later I received a surprise small light, good to see the company still treats it's customers well. I haven't had time to put it up yet but I'll let you know if there is anything of note. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom