Tent setup help

oldgame

ive got a 2mx2mx2m tent and want to put 20-25 bluedream haze plants in
if i put 4x600w lights in would a 8" rhino fan extractor and a 5" rhino fan intake be enough to get rid of the heat and smell out of the tent
thanks every1 newbie here sorry

Are you using LEDS ? If so that should be fine. I use LEDS and only have extractor sucking out. Working just fine.
420-magazine-mobile1147674871.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1603033915.jpg
in my opinion led the way forward.

Sent from my SM-G800H using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I think maybe there is some confusion because of the metric system? 2mX2m=6.5'X6.5' which is a bit more than 2100sq' and you're at 2400 which imho is perfect.

I wasn't aware there is a difference in light needed per square foot between hps/mh and led? I've been working under the assumption that it's the same but if it isn't I'd love to know so I can adjust accordingly...

BobG

Yes 4 x 600w hps is perfect for that space. Id run minimum that amount. You want 600w per square metre minimum if you want real plants. You can grow with less bit you wont get good yields. You should be pulling 2000grams all day out of that space.

Id run 4 plants per light if growing in coco or hydro and more if soil.

Do not put an intake fan in the tent, its completely unnecessary and is more likely to create smell leak. Your extraction fan hooked up to your carbon filter is all you need. For more airflow run a couple of lengths of aluminum duct into the bottom vents of the tent. Dont just leave them open without the duct because its likely you will get light leaks.

Wattage is wattage no matter if its hps, cfl or led. Led atr great to grow with when you use good panels but alot of guys atr getting ripped off by believing that their panel is a wattage that it really isnt. 600w is 600w and no matter what you grow with i wouldnt run less than that per m2. If you want good plants you need quality light.

I think maybe there is some confusion because of the metric system? 2mX2m=6.5'X6.5' which is a bit more than 2100sq' and you're at 2400 which imho is perfect.

I wasn't aware there is a difference in light needed per square foot between hps/mh and led? I've been working under the assumption that it's the same but if it isn't I'd love to know so I can adjust accordingly...

BobG
As far as I know you can't measure lux of an led. So I read. So its trial and error. But still got the 600w per square metre. No matter if cfl hps or led. What I have learnt with led is to run tent at 29 deg cel. Because Led's don't heat leaves up as much as hps. A tip I read and works for me. .

As far as I know you can't measure lux of an led. So I read. So its trial and error. But still got the 600w per square metre. No matter if cfl hps or led. What I have learnt with led is to run tent at 29 deg cel. Because Led's don't heat leaves up as much as hps. A tip I read and works for me. .

Well because of a spree of uneducated buying I've ended up with a 4'X8'X7'10"' Gorilla Lite tent which I'm running 4 Mars II 400 LEDS and 1 = 1000w hps light in.

I'll save you from the details but suffice it to say I've learned A LOT yet realize I know nothing...LOL

Thanks for your input Cultivator and Gro Bro. I'm a firm believer in the saying knowledge is power, so please share away :goodjob:

thanks guys what size extraction should i use then if i use the 4 x 600w as it will create alot of heat i was thinking 8" i think its 950m3/hr and the rhino filter 200/400mm but would this be enough

thanks again some good people in here

thanks guys what size extraction should i use then if i use the 4 x 600w as it will create alot of heat i was thinking 8" i think its 950m3/hr and the rhino filter 200/400mm but would this be enough

thanks again some good people in here

This is something I'm currently struggling with. Dealing with heat, humidity and smell is driving me crazy!!! Not to mention my poor wife...If I could only get over the thought of venting my air conditioner outside in the middle of winter I'd be ok but the heat waste, not to mention now keeping humidity up is an issue....:loopy: it's keeping me up at night lol.

I'll be watching to see any ideas that come up and I'll share if I get mine figured out. Good Luck

BobG

Back
Top Bottom