The 4x4 Grow Tent Club

He gr865, could I get a look at your watering setup? I've seeen some shots of it before where you have a manifold attached to a pipe rising vertically up between your pots, and the hoses distributed from there. Do you just run a pipe to your reservoir from that? What kind of pump do you use? I'm trying to put together something similar, but I had just planned to leave the manifold at the resevoir and distribute the hoses out to the plants. Is there a reason for having the manifold centrally located like that (distribution of water, equal pressure, etc.) ?

TF,
This is the primary and secondary rez's lines marked.
Manifold_pics_1.jpg

info_on_rez.jpg

This was the old setup with the upright manifold, was not worth the cost or trouble making it. Even with a check valve I still got drainage, not pressure to hold the check valve.
20170501_170244.jpg

This is what I switched too. A little DIY ring manifold, much better. I still get the line draining but running drain to waste @ 1 min/cycle, 4 cycles a lights on period.
20170629_093600_3_.jpg

This is the final setup I went with, the drippers weren't doing the job so again a little DIY. This works extremely well.
20171108_140142_2_.jpg

Hope this is what you were looking for. If not just ask.

GR

These are my plants at day 49. I think I've done all the training I'm going to do on these two. I'll leave it in veg for another two weeks so they can get over the shock I put them in over the weekend. At the moment there is a little over 100 tops that are either currently there. or will be there in the next week or so. After a couple weeks, I'll put them into flower. Hope I get something good. But I'm thinking I'll get at least a pound!
20180115_122038.jpg
20180115_122022.jpg
20180115_122008.jpg
20180115_122002.jpg

TF,

GR

Thanks man! Not sure what you mean by drainage with the manifold? Like it leaks? That two resevoir setup is a little confusing to me. Is it setup to refill automatically when emptied? What's it recirculating.

I'm trying to setup just a simple drain-to-waste drip-water system, not necessarily on a timer or automatic or anything, but I just want to be able to run the drip-feeds instead of hand watering and maybe be able to set it up on a wifi-enabled AC adapter so I can turn it off and off remotely ( instead of a timer ) for vacation watering.

My plan was to run a submersible pump to a manfiold and then run the drip-lines to 5 pots. I don't really have any idea what I'm doing with any of it though, and have a feeling that kind of grossly-simple setup would end up with some plants getting more flow than others.

The DIY manifold you made looks pretty nice too.

Currently on day 62, 7 plants, 4 different strains. Carmelicious, 2 super silver haze, 2 Strawberry Kush, and 2 Gold Leaf. Just transplanted today from 1 gallon pots to 2 gallon pots for 4 of em and 5 gallon fabric pots for one of the strawberry kush and one of the super silver haze. Just Droppin in to say hi :)

46c46816efb0df4c24286d7945c8bbce.jpg

8e65d71adbc87b90c8d34bbe0a670d4b.jpg

5f76794383ef7c2be6f251cb4448382f.jpg

Dang, don't know how those got uploaded sideways 0.o

It is a glitch I think it used to do it to me may I suggest pm teddy Edwards see if he can help ?

Also try closing app or rebooting phone ?

If pc then I'm lost ?

Looks great though

TF,
This is the primary and secondary rez's lines marked.
Manifold_pics_1.jpg

info_on_rez.jpg

This was the old setup with the upright manifold, was not worth the cost or trouble making it. Even with a check valve I still got drainage, not pressure to hold the check valve.
20170501_170244.jpg

This is what I switched too. A little DIY ring manifold, much better. I still get the line draining but running drain to waste @ 1 min/cycle, 4 cycles a lights on period.
20170629_093600_3_.jpg

This is the final setup I went with, the drippers weren't doing the job so again a little DIY. This works extremely well.
20171108_140142_2_.jpg

GR

Things to consider to rdwc

Air stones ?

Dewey misters ?

Z7 or hydrogaurd or even mammoth p

My best advise .

I poked holes in my pot, and got a little 18 gauge wire to run through it and I'll slowly twist the wire on itself shortening the size of the loop it has in turn pulling down the stem. Do it slowly but surely over the course of a few days but you can get your stems completely horizontal!
a5e4f0426535eb19cad9924c7f5c63b4.jpg
f005013dd861bf8ac54eeefa4bbb160f.jpg

I cut the wire after a few weeks and they generally stay pretty trained down.

Beautiful ...

Yeah I poke holes on my fabric pots and tie them down once long enough .

Things to consider to rdwc

Air stones ?

Dewey misters ?

Z7 or hydrogaurd or even mammoth p

My best advise .

I am running DTW

Air stones ? I use passive air as I get pH fluctuation using stone along with coco.

Dewey misters ? Have not heard of them, but will check them out, thanks

Z7 or hydroguard or even mammoth p Since I run DTW no I do not use Hydroguard, I do use Mammoth P & Drip Clean

Hoping I got your message right and the info given is what you were looking for. I have considered RDWC, but it get damn hot in my area so I am concerned with root rot.

I am running DTW

Air stones ? I use passive air as I get pH fluctuation using stone along with coco.

Dewey misters ? Have not heard of them, but will check them out, thanks

Z7 or hydroguard or even mammoth p Since I run DTW no I do not use Hydroguard, I do use Mammoth P & Drip Clean

Hoping I got your message right and the info given is what you were looking for. I have considered RDWC, but it get damn hot in my area so I am concerned with root rot.

Ac unit in room ?

Any way you can vent more fresh air?

Hmm

Yeah look into misters ?

Not sure if it will help but might ?

Ac unit in room ?

Any way you can vent more fresh air?

Hmm

Yeah look into misters ?

Not sure if it will help but might ?

I have AC in room, when not in use the AC bleeds air into the room, so much so that I have to cover it when it is cold or the tent get too cold when lights are out.

The misters will not work in my grows, but I can see them working in a cloner.

I run four cycles per light period, on the first cycle I don't believe that the medium gets saturated, do to it going thru the night cycle so I get dry spots in the coco. So for the first cycle of the day, I run two cycles about 10 min apart This way the rest of the cycles can run there normal times and all is good. If I had the room and lived in a legal state I would like to try some RDWC.
GR

Quick update day 44 of flower!
dca92dded3e5afc836958fb3efac631e.jpg
fa52e4f3605536e1bb2761e021b99663.jpg
4b4f98d293086cbee3a1ce297fa04897.jpg
2ea7e8d04633b03c5c293b88147396f3.jpg

I have AC in room, when not in use the AC bleeds air into the room, so much so that I have to cover it when it is cold or the tent get too cold when lights are out.

The misters will not work in my grows, but I can see them working in a cloner.

I run four cycles per light period, on the first cycle I don't believe that the medium gets saturated, do to it going thru the night cycle so I get dry spots in the coco. So for the first cycle of the day, I run two cycles about 10 min apart This way the rest of the cycles can run there normal times and all is good. If I had the room and lived in a legal state I would like to try some RDWC.
GR

Makes sense Man

I'm still learning but throwing things out there bud.

I need to learn how to feed better myself in coco

Thanks man! Not sure what you mean by drainage with the manifold? Like it leaks? That two resevoir setup is a little confusing to me. Is it setup to refill automatically when emptied? What's it recirculating.

I'm trying to setup just a simple drain-to-waste drip-water system, not necessarily on a timer or automatic or anything, but I just want to be able to run the drip-feeds instead of hand watering and maybe be able to set it up on a wifi-enabled AC adapter so I can turn it off and off remotely ( instead of a timer ) for vacation watering.

The DIY manifold you made looks pretty nice too.

Not sure what you mean by drainage with the manifold?
When the 1 minute cycle is complete the distribution line to the manifold drains into the pots. When I first set this up I wanted exact times so I put an check valve inline but did not have enough pressure above the valve to make it work, so I just live with the extra solution, just adjusted my cycles for it.

That two reservoir setup is a little confusing to me. Is it setup to refill automatically when emptied? What's it recirculating.
I fill the lower rez with my nute solution and circulate it to the upper rez. The solution is slowly pumped to the upper rez. There is a standpipe in the upper rez and when rez is full it drains back into the lower rez and that drainage bubbles so it provides O2 to the rez's so airstones are not needed, don't like them anyway in a DTW. The nutrient solution is recirculating but not all the time.

This is exactly what I have set up and that is exactly why I set it up this way, to allow some time away. I tried Blumats, total failure on my part, the say they work, but didn't work for me, lost entire crop. So I tried different setup until I got it right for me. Not sure why you don't want to use a timer.
I run four cycles when the lights are on, and the lower refill/recirculation pump come on 3 hrs before the first cycle at 9PM to refill from the previous days watering and reciculates until just before the cycles starts again. At that point I check/adjust pH as needed, if needed, then it is off for till the cycles are completed, no pH drift. I add solution to the lower rez in the mornings and allow the solution to sit until it begins recirculating prior to cycle start.
No nothing about being able to turn it on remotely, I would be concerned I wouldn't have wifi connection. :( Nothing is foolproof, we've had timers die but I have a backup plan when I am away. I have a buddy who I am working with on his grow, he is a nube. He comes by in my absence and checks things. :)

I believe the setup is very simple, efficient and dependable. The only thing that I wish I had are timers that can be adjusted in seconds.

Sorry I did not explain myself well in the original post.using a timer that come on after each cycle to refill the upper rez

GR

It is a glitch I think it used to do it to me may I suggest pm teddy Edwards see if he can help ?

If pc then I'm lost ?

Looks great though

If pc then I'm lost ?

Looks great though

Yeah I think it's because I took a picture through the outdated app instead of taking it and then uploading it. So updated the app and did it the right way this time lol turned off the grow light and just had a white light on so it's easier to see lol

7dab945c6d29f46518e49e23e826ecfb.jpg

c8d9fe942a2e8900f25e401f24c9bbc3.jpg

8ee28b85cb8d3c699e69272399e157c6.jpg

Can't wait to flip em in a week or two.

Happy growing everyone:)

Back
Top Bottom